Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. U.V RamakrishnanYour feedback matters!
He is suffering from cough and tonsils infection, he also sneezes when he comes in contact with dust or cold things. He is taking medicines like sneeze and azithromycin 250.
Get phelm especially at night which is sticky and not easy to swallow and a scratchy type of cough suddenly with a coming of phelm for past one year.Have tried all antibiotics including wycomicin no relief.Age 74.Allopatic doctors say it may be in my imagination but I have thought of the possibility but am convinced that it is not imaginary .What is the possibility in Ayurveda.I have been taking sudarshan tablets thanks
I am suffering from dry cough from last week. I have an throat infection, my voice is also changed, I tried cough syrups, some tablets but that doesn't work then what should I do?
My mother (57+ yrs) is under treatment for Hypothyroidism & Hypertension. Today early morning (4: 30 AM) she got suddenly waken up with feeling very cold & finding it really difficult to breathe. She felt it could be due to gas & indigestion & therefore taken the medicine'pundinhara' which gave a little relief to her. Later after passing motion etc she felt normal. But still she does not have much appetite although no other significant symptom is there. I have checked BP in the morning (after 3-4 hrs), which came as 115/70 (in electronic monitor) with pulse being 70 & body temperature (in mouth) came around 97.2 F. Can you please advise on what could have caused this - gas/indigestion or something more serious stuff?
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.
Please Help me, I have RBC in urine, protein 15 mg/dl in 2nd morning urine, constant back pain, creatinine increase to 0.88 from 0.75 in 3 months, I do only 2 time urine in a day thats too in very little volume, I goes to nephrologist he checked my Ultrasound and CT scan which is normal, complement blood test C3=136 and C4=12.5 (lower limit = 10) and said creatinine is within normal limits, and asked to come after creatinine increased above 1.2. Is he right? What will I do I feel very worried as of little urine and that too in low volume and dark orange with RBC with constant back pain? And doctor said this is normal. PLEASE HELP.
I have some mark on my leg as well as I have also breathing problem other than that my mummy is suffering from headache. so, please suggest me what can I do for it?
I (59) COPD Patient working in Bank. Detected since 2011. My oxygen saturation level is going down. How to improve oxygen?
My morning is not good when we wakeup I am not breathing normally I do smoking I should do avoid smoking but not do it what we do.
Hello sir/mem I am 39 Yrs old female and I have to bad Allergy and I have problem to breath and some voice is coming threw my lungs during the breathing. Please give some advise or give me some good medicine. Please response fast.
I always have problem in breathing. I have problem of allergy. Iam taking medicines for it yet no specific difference. And I do fall short of breath very frequently. Mainly during change of seasons. What shud I do?
I am suffering from dry cough in morning time basically. Vomiting also occurs in morning after taking tea & biscuits.
my son is 3 years old. He had dry cough. We gave his ascoril D. He just had vomit. Please suggest what we could give or wait for morning.
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition.