Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Nose incorporates an intricate system of narrow passages and hollow, air containing spaces connecting to eyes and ears that enable us to inhale the air before it reaches our lungs. And the problem of sinus is directly linked with the nose. Basically, Sinus is a cavity within bones of face connected with nasal cavities and the main cause of sinus is allergies. But internally our nose has to suffer a lot when this problem occurs. But there are few tips that can be of great help during sinus. Let’s see them one-by-one
1. Drink plenty of water: While you are suffering from sinus, you must keep drinking water at short intervals because this won’t let the sinus get dry which is very essential for the treatment of sinus. Prefer taking lukewarm water.
2. Oregano oil: Adding few drops of oregano oil in water and having it 2-3 times a day for a week will provide relief when suffering from sinus and it will also make recovery faster.
3. Eat vitamin C: Eat citrus fruits which are rich in Vitamin C. Although some people avoid it thinking that it will aggravate the sinus problem but taking Vitamin C is helpful in sinus problem.
4. Fruit juice intake: Taking fruits juices also helps in thinning out mucus and preventing sinuses from blocking.
5. Warm compressor on face: Keeping warm compressor on your face will give relief from discomfort and will open blocked nasal passages.
6. Keep your head propped up while sleeping: Sleeping on a couple of pillows will be a good idea as it will help in proper breathing.
7. Spicy food intake: Taking too many spices is never a good idea but taking it in limits can actually solve many problems and one of them is clearance of sinus. Spices like mustard, hot pepper, curry and horseradish etc. helps in clearing sinus. It opens your nasal passages.
8. Hygiene: Hygiene is the first and foremost thing to be kept in mind when this problem occurs.
9. Humidifier: Keeping humidifiers in your room also helps in providing relief during sinus.
I got two top front teeth removed one and a half months back. I am having pain in my mouth all day. General physician gave metrogyl gel and betadine gargle. One dentist gave flozen plus another dentist gave mobizox morning and evening but it is not helping. My dentist asked me to consult a neurologist and said it might be a sinus problem. But it does not seem to be a sinus problem. A colleague has suggested a doctor called manish bhargava in munirka. Neurologists are available near my office at nims hospital at lajpat nage. What should I do?
We are looking for my wife's ear piercing. She is 35 & looking for another 2 pairs of piercing above the regular ear lobe piercing and at the cartilage. We have the following queries: 1.What is the method of piercing: needle or gunshot or laser; & what is more healing friendly 2.Can it be done painless using some anesthetics; which method is more healing friendly 3.What is the healing period? Any precautionary or after care medicines required for healing (to avoid septic or keloid) & pain 4. Is it advisable to do both the post a time or need to have a waiting period in between? Do we need to carry the earrings for the piercing appreciate your advice.
I have debris in my tonsils. Is there any cure for this. They always comes back in some days. I feel some pain in my jaw due to this too.
While coughing an abnormal sound produces from throat. CT scan, x ray, allergy tests, ultrasound etc done. Checked for Pleural effusion, But nothing is seen and not going as well as not worsening. Four years old now. The problem is since his birth. No pain is also there. Swallowing liquids seems to be difficult. This seems barking sound. In CT Scan there is a slight permanent enlargement. Nothing else. Cough is not chronic. What should I do?
Hello sir. From last one year I have heart palpitation problem. Yesterday my heartbeats gone very slow for 30 seconds I feel like one side heart not work. And feel pressure in heart and stomach. ECG shows first degree heart block and Left ventricular hypertrophy and sinus reathem. Echo cardiograph, lipid profile ,tmt and holter monitoring are normal. So what I do? And can it may be serious? And witch medicine I will take that time? Thanks please reply one I'm very upset. I'm a student.
My friend has a snoring problem in his deep sleep. Snoring sound is too high. How to stop this. Any suggestion please. Thanks.
I am suffering from some nose ailment, what actually happens is. My nose gets blocked every night till the morning and I cant even breathe properly and even pain in my chest
Hello Doc! I am a 17 year old female. I have a headache like almost all the time. And I get a vertigo often. I don't get a good sleep every night. I'm totally disturbed with all those dreams I get. So this anyway related to Stress, Depression or any other cerebral problem?
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.