Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tv KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, My dad is 64 years old. He suffers from type 2 diabetes and hypertension. He takes olmezest am 40 for HTN. My question is - can he take OLMAX LN 40 as it contains another calcium channel blocker cilnidipine at 10 mg (5 mg cilnidipine is not available with olmesartan. As per my research on pubmed articles are in favor of cilnidipine as cilnidipine is an N-type and L-type CCB that also inhibits sympathomimetic activity in contrast to other DHPs and amlodipine therapy has adverse effects, most commonly pedal edema. So Cilnidipine being an N-type and L-type CCB is associated with lower incidence of pedal edema compared to the L-type channel blocked by amlodipine.
Dear Dr. I am taking metformin hydrochloride 750 twice a day, irbesartan hydrochloride 12.5mg, atorvastatin 20mg, loric 100mg daily one My lipoprotein (a) is35.5 HDL is31 LDL is 73 Monocytes is 0.15 Basophils is 0.01 Red cell distribution width-SD (RDW-SD) 57.1 RDW-CV 15.3 PDW- 17.1 PLCR- 45.2 MCHC- 28.2 ABG-140 Please suggest me what to do.
There are certain glands in the vaginal walls and uterine cervix of a woman, which cleanse the vagina by producing a small amount of fluid. This clear or milky white coloured vaginal discharge is normal for a healthy woman if it doesn’t smell unpleasant. But if you observe that the colour, consistency, odour or amount of your vaginal discharge differs from usual, it may indicate an infection or a disease.
Here are 6 common factors behind abnormal vaginal discharge.
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis is a medical condition characterised by agray discharge, which has a lingering fish-like odour. Moreover, if you experience irritation and burning sensation in the vagina, which is increased by intercourse, it’s a strong indication of bacterial vaginosis.
2. Yeast Infection
It often happens that your vaginal area’s natural bacterial balance is disturbed due to certain factors such as use of antibiotics, decreased immunity, stress, uncontrolled diabetes or consumption of excessive sugary foods. This results in yeast overgrowth in the vagina, known as simply yeast infection or candidiasis. It’s characterised by a thick and whitish-grey discharge from the vagina.
Caused by the bacteria Neisseria Gonorrhoea, this sexually transmitted disease (STD) is an infection, which causes vaginal discharge of an intense odour. Other symptoms of this disease include feeling of pain while urinating, chills, fever and irregular discharge of menstrual fluids. If left untreated, gonorrhoea can transform into a pelvic inflammatory disease and can even lead to infertility.
4. Genital Herpes
Genital herpes, a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that leads to formation of small watery blisters on the vaginal area, and causes irritation, itching and pain while having intercourse or urinating, may also be the cause of a vaginal discharge of watery texture.
5. Atrophic Vaginitis
After menopause, there’s a considerable decrease in oestrogen levels of the body along with the occurrence of changes in tissues of the vaginal cavity. This medical condition, known as atrophic vaginitis, can lead to a watery vaginal discharge, which can sometimes get bloody. Some other symptoms of this disease are vaginal inflammation and thinning or atrophy of tissues.
6. Infected IUD
In some situations, it may happen that the intrauterine device (IUD- a form of contraceptive) inserted in the body of a woman can get infected. This results in a purulent discharge (pus) from the vagina. Getting the IUD removed as soon as possible is the best thing to be done in this situation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My 5 year daughter is suffering from diabetes. Sir what r the precautions she needed to take care. And what r the recommended medicines she needed at this stage. Please our whole family is upset.
Thyroxine therapy is not bringing down my TSH levels inspite of maximum dose of 250 mcg per day . Please advise what to do ?
I am suffering from diabetes 2. please recommend foods to be taken by me and ALSO increase sexual power. Nervous system should also be cured.
My sugar level 150 to 180 after taking food please advice me what medicine I have to take and what kind of food I take I am 62 year.
I am just 60 crossed and I am a diabetic person (Type 2 ) and taking medicine only and sugar level is under control . Usually I go to bed at around 10.30 pm and used to wake up only in the morning. However, of late , daily I am waking up in between (once ) and go for urinating and thereby disturbance in good sleep. Is it any bad symptom or is it due to aging. Please advice.
Diabetes can wreak havoc on the eye and the foot. Proper care is necessary in order to refrain from any serious consequences. It can damage the blood vessels and the nerves of the feet resulting in numbness and permanent disability. Some of the alarming foot symptoms include bruises, cuts, cracked skin and hard spots. Some of the common measures that need to be taken for foot include checking the temperature sensation of the foot by immersing it in hot water, drying the feet gently in between the toes and using agents such as lotion, lanolin, and petroleum jelly.
- Some of the other preventive measure includes cutting the nails when they are young and straight to ensure no injury to the foot takes place. It should be ensured the toe is not touched by the nail of the toe. A pumice stone can be used to get rid of the corns immediately after a bath. No medicated pads or sharp razors should be utilised to cut corns. The feet should be soaked in warm water before trimming nails.
- A shoe should be put on at all times to save the feet. The shoe sole should be thoroughly checked for foreign objects such as stones and nails to ensure that the foot is not hurt. Tight shoes should be strictly avoided in order to refrain from soreness and blisters. Dry and clean socks should be put up to ensure the foot is clean. For people living in cold area, wearing thick socks should be practised. This will help the foot protect from cold. Finally, a doctor should be called in case there are any visible signs of swelling, redness, cracks, pain or sensation of burning.
- Too much blood sugar can cause harm to the eye in four ways: It can cause damage to the retina, lens, optic nerve and vitreous gel. There could be serious repercussions of diabetes to the eye including low vision and complete loss of vision. Diabetes blocks the retina and is capable of cutting off the total supply of oxygen.
- Some of the common symptoms of retina related problems include double vision, a pressure in one eye, problems in corner vision, flashing lights, pain in the eye, blank spots etc. A simple check up by an oculist can reveal any eye problems related to diabetes.
- An ophthalmologist can treat the diabetes-related eye problem by medicine that blocks the protein responsible for fluid leakage and blood vessel growth. He can also go for laser treatment to treat macular edema. Even scatter laser treatments are also used for this purpose. If all else fails a doctor chooses to perform a procedure known as vitrectomy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My mom suffering from diabetic. And treat with insulin. She is 55. What precaution should take for her.
I have continuous pain in head, doc asked it might be due to high uric acid or high blood pressure, which I have. Suggest what to di.
I am suffering from diabetes past 6 months and I am using human insulin and I want to know is there any cure fr diabetes.
I am 27 years old female. I am hypothyroid from past 2 years and taking Thyronorm 50 mg. I got my TSH, T3, T4 levels tested today and my TSH levels were at 0.109 which are below the optimal levels (0.555 to 4.78). T3 and T4 are within the normal range. Please suggest should I decrease my dose to 25 mg or stop taking it at all?
I am 63 year old male and have diabetics for last 12 years. I take Zorayl M2, can I change any lower doze medicine and go for Homeopathy medicine.
Hi Dr. I am 42 years old male actually I having diabetic type 2 from four months. Bitter gourd and lemon pieces and small amount of ginger/garlic soak full night with water and I consume empty stomach daily basis. Now my question is It's healthy drink or armful of liver/body?
I had a son of 5 years old (cesarean). Now, I am pregnant of 5 months. Never had diabetics earlier. Now I have been diagnosed with diabetics. My diabetics ranges from 113 to 130 for fasting and 150 to 160 pp. My HBA1C is 7.4 kindly suggest is there any complications during pregnancy. Please suggest.
Hi, I am in my 32nd week of pregnancy and have hypothyroidism in family history. My tsh levels are 4.6 and I am gaining weight at 0.5 kg per week inspire of healthy diet and regular walk. Do I need to start medication?
Almost all the metabolic processes in a person's body are influenced by the hormones produced by the thyroid gland. The most common types of thyroid diseases caused due to dysfunctional thyroid glands are- Thyroid nodules, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroiditis, and Thyroid Cancer.
Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland is underactive and the amount of hormones produced is insufficient. Hypothyroidism can be caused due to multiple reasons such as iodine deficiency, radiation or surgery on the thyroid gland, and drugs such as lithium and phenylbutazone.
You should note that treating thyroid is not a speedy process and a reoccurrence of symptoms might also take place. However with the appropriate remedies and proper diet control, one can make sure that these symptoms are less pronounced.
According to Ayurveda, imbalance or disequilibrium in the doshas is the main cause of hypothyroidism. The Kapha dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for body fluids and lubrication, and Pitta dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for fire and water body humors, are vitiated. Lifestyle and diet discrepancies further promote imbalances in the doshas.
- It is essential to consume adequate quantities of milk.
- Apart from that, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for a hypothyroid patient, since it increases slow and sluggish metabolism. Coconut contains MCFAs i.e. medium chain fatty acids and MTCs i.e. Medium chain triglycerides in abundance which help the metabolism be revved up.
- Ayurvedic herbs useful for treating hypothyroidism are- kanchanara, Bauhinia variegata i.e. purple mountain ebony, Jatamansi, brahmi, guggulu, shilajita, gokshura, and punarnava.
- Consume a mixture of Indian gooseberry i.e. amla and churnam with honey, daily before breakfast.
- One of the main causes of Hypothyroidism is insufficient amount of iodine. Drinking the juice acquired from jalakumbhi i.e. Pistia Stratiotes everyday in dozes amounting from 11gm to 22gm increases the iodine content and helps treat hypothyroidism. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.