Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Triveni. V
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Triveni. VYour feedback matters!
I want to know that when a person need to use optical but if he don't use optical the power of lenses can be divert or not? what is the solution of myopia? except using lenses.
I have constant pain in my entire head, Specially in the back side of head below left ear followed by the irritation in eyes and forehead. I got my eyesight check too but it came correct without any lacking. Please suggest me whar to do.
I have eye sight vision problem. I am unable to see properly in the dark. Please advice me how I could get rid of them.
Halo Dr. I am tamil singha. 27 years old. My eye power is -3.25 and -2.75. Is it possible to reduce this power through Homeopathic medicine or Acupressure techniques? Please suggest me. I get failure in other way only lasik surgery is left for me.
I am suffering from eye problem. The water comes out from my eyes anytime. Please suggest me the medicines.
Hello Doctor, I am having instant pain in my head. Pain start suddenly in a day or night after take medicine feel relaxed. From last 20 days I phase this problem. My eyes Lasik done in Feb 2015, now vision is perfect. But at the time of Lasik some small whole found in my eye retina Dr. Gave Laser for that, and then done my Lasik. please tell me the reason for the pain? In right I feel some load. I am working on laptop 3_4 hours in a days. please suggest me?
I am suffering from blepharitis for the last 4 years nd my doctor sad this problem will never ends. I am using" neosporin-h" How can blepharitis ends?
In Ayurveda, the term ‘drishti dosha’ has been used to refer to eye sight issues. Ayurveda has identified and also explained a number of eye sight disorders. It has identified the causes, symptoms and different kinds of treatment for these eye disorders.
Causes of frail eyesight:
Weak eyesight is a common problem faced by people nowadays. Its major causes are-
- Increased pollution in our surroundings leads to accumulation of dust within the eyes. This is a major cause of eye-related disorders.
- Excessive use of computers, laptops and smart phones stresses the eyes which are very sensitive organs.
- An unhealthy lifestyle including over consumption of junk food, lack of sleep, irregular sleeping hours, mental disturbance and constant exposure to bright light weaken the eyes.
Though the symptoms of eye-related problems vary from one type of disorder to another, there are certain common symptoms which include-
- Redness and watering of the eye
- Blurred vision
- Itching and burning of eyes
- Pain and swelling in or around the eye area
- Excessive blinking of the eyes
How Ayurveda Can Help?
Ayurveda has several remedies which one can use to correct eyesight. These remedies are easy to follow and include simple tasks one can undertake on a daily basis. These include-
- Indian gooseberry or amla is known to contain high amount of Vitamin C, anti-oxidants and other nutrients to improve sight. The vitamin C contained in this fruit improves function of the retina. One can consume 2-5 teaspoons of amla juice with some warm water in the morning and evening to improve vision. One can also consume the juice of this fruit with honey to improve the quality of vision.
- Visual acuity is used to determine visual strength. To improve visual acuity, there are several Ayurvedic remedies. One such remedy is to consume a mixture of fennel, almond and sugar with milk every day before bedtime. The three ingredients must be powdered and mixed in equal ratio for this remedy.
- Coriander leaf juice can be mixed with honey and consumed fresh each day to improve vision.
Ayurveda provides several natural solutions to treat eye related issues. One can practice these simple natural home remedies to improve vision. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!