Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Titus ThomasYour feedback matters!
I suffering from a problem! in my mouth wounds are create who can I minimize it please help me to lick wounds.
Hi sir, my query is about teeth, my teeth has bit gaps between, is it possible to fill this small n minor gaps to get nice teeth. Is there any treatment to cover this minor gaps between teeth (only upper teeth)? Awaiting answer, thank you :)
I am 48? years old diabetic form last 22 years and heart patient started my tooth gum problem it start loosening the tooths how I can stop this problem thanks.
I have a bad tooth ache towards the end of my jaw. It seems it is wisdom tooth but how do I confirm and make sure it is not infection?
I did root canal(left bottom tooth next to wisdom) two years back, but now the ceramic cap came off as the tooth from inside is damaged and only half of it is left. I visited the same dentist and he told me he will remove the broken tooth and gave me two option, bridge and other to drill screw and fix it which will take around six month for the entire procedure.Please advise appx how much does it cost as the cost my dentist told me is too much.The screw option are from USA, Germany etc.
Both the incisor teeth are very small in size, therefore there is a gap in my teeth. Is there any treatment for this.
I suffer from mouth ulcers from years. They appear at least once in a month, that in Big circles. Do not know what is the reason? Stress, change of drinking water, or something else. please help!
Hello sir /madam, I had a problem that my one tooth was hone before 5years, is it can be possible to attach other one now. R else what can I do.
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"