Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. TimothyYour feedback matters!
Some time I have feel pain in my solder of right side. automatically it has been ok and get again. My elbow also feel pain when do this. Please give me suggestion what should I do?
My dad is suffering from sugar past from 10 years. Always having body pains like backbone pain, leg or foot pain. What diet did he do to able to get from this problem?
I have this constant pain in my left foot heels since the past 1 year. Got an x-ray, but that too was normal, started wearing Dr. Scholls sandals, had pain killers, that too hasn't helped. What could be the cause as it is very uncomfortable at times I can't keep my foot down. Please Help.
Sir, When I eat anything after some times. It comes out from mouth with water and I feel pain in my left hand shoulder it from 2 months.
My shoulder pains whenever I lift something heavy and the pain subsides as soon as I drop it down. What should I do?
Why do I always have a sprain on my leg joints while I sleep? It usually occurs when I cannot have a good sleep or my mind is tensed and it usually happen during 10 pm to 11pm? How should I proceed to make it stop?
I am woman, 52, I am a housewife, I do not suffer any major health problem like diabetes etc and even went for all major medical reports and all were normal. Yet many times my leg pain. What could be possible reason.
My dad is having depression. He had cervical spine blockage, so he had laminectomy. Dad's hand shake when he take glass to drink something. Much a time, dad's hand shake when they are at rest. Is it due to spine problem or any other problem is coming? He has leg jerking at night too. He can't write properly now.
My husband 49 years fell down from top in 2012. Spinal cord compression. Now he is able to walk. But having burning sensation 24 hours in hand in palm region and elbow and leg foot region no sensation and having burning sensation. For the past 3 years he is suffering. Please is there any remedy?
My wife aged about 54 years, she is suffering from joint pain and knee pain since 15yrs. She is taking following medicines but no good result. 1. Orthocort-6mg 2. Calcurt ct 3. Voveran sr-100. Please give your kind suggestion what shall I do for her healing ?
I am suffering from acute pain on both foot behind ankle and above bottom of heal and on metatarsal. Even feel to walk. What is cause of this problem.
From last 3/4 days have a pain in my foot pain only in my joints and also skin infection just allgeries.
Hernia or what in Ayurveda is known as Antra Vriddhi, is a condition that takes place when an internal organ in your abdomen gets displaced and protrudes outward, giving rise to swelling in the abdominal region.
Even though you can develop a hernia anywhere in your body, it mostly occurs in the abdominal region and can affect both men and women at any age.
The causes of hernia are:
Even though hernia can be a hereditary condition, certain factors can contribute in causing it. These are:
- Persistent coughing
- Putting excess pressure while passing faeces
- Straining your abdominal muscles by exercising or lifting objects that are heavy
- Buildup of fluid in your abdominal cavity
Some of the symptoms that indicate you have hernia include a visible, hard protrusion, development of soft lumps and pain. However, some people may not experience any symptoms at all. Hernia can be of many types, depending on the part of the body affected and even varying on the basis of your gender. In worst cases, you may require surgery but Ayurveda can cure your hernia completely without the need of you going through a surgical process.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda helps in curing your hernia by focussing on your diet. If you follow these rules, you can cure yourself of hernia completely.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat in a day and take small meals frequently instead of the standard three meals.
- While eating, make sure you eat your food slowly.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids, but do not consume aerated drinks
- It is advised not to take water with your meals, but only to drink a glass of water an hour after and half an hour before each meal. By doing this, you reduce your chances of getting heartburn and aid in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Eating any form of raw food, such as uncooked meat and vegetables is strictly forbidden along with processed foods such as bread, cakes, cookies etc. However, when eating cooked food, make sure it's lightly cooked and not overcooked.
- Having a glass of juice freshly squeezed from vegetables or fruits is recommended, especially carrot juice as it is enriched with calcium and vitamin A that help in the healing process.
- Make sure that whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits are a part of your diet.
- Lastly, go for a walk after each meal and do not sleep after eating, especially if you've had a heavy meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.