Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. TimothyYour feedback matters!
Her ribcage is flexible. It bends wen you press it. Is it normal or any problem is there? Whats the reason for this?
I am 74 old male and took a trip in Morocco in March end and climbed rough mountain and then I was walking fine for two weeks. After returning back to USA in first week of April. My knee start painful. It is getting better but still I have slight pain on my inside part of knee. If sit too long in chair and then get up I feel stiff knee for very short time and find when start walking. This is lasting for 3 weeks. I am wearing protecting knee brace during day. What should I do to improve my knee strength and reduce or eliminate pain on inside part of my knee. My physician ask me to take knee joint medicine over the counter like "Hyaluronic Joint Complex" which has Glucosamine. I do stretching and some exercises to strength my knee muscles. Do you suggest any exercises. Thanks.
My wife is 56yrs old. She is suffering from muscular pain right leg (nitamb) what is your suggestions?
My right leg fractured and when I can walk and doctors had surged me by keeping screws and this screws when we can remove so please suggest me the answer.
I am 17 years old any having severe pain in my legs from 2 days, I have tried many creams but they didn't work what should I do as this start after my workout.
I am 23 and since a week. My right hand wrist pains. The areas affected are the wrist and the portion connecting my thumb to the wristHave been having this trouble since a week and it pains almost continuously. I use a laptop for almost 8-10 hours in a day. Maybe it could have happened because of that?
I'm aftab khan. I suffer from my leg injury about 2 months. I had operation of my leg but pain is still remain so what to do. Will you please help me.
I have pain in my leg for last 1 week but not yet get relief ply give some easy tips to get rid of this problem.
Hello doctor, I'm having extreme pain above waist and below shoulder with irritation for a couple of weeks. And also my left shoulder is painful. I cannot able to sit for long time. Could you me please give me suggestion? Thank you.
My mother is having disc problem and her leg continuously pains and it can't let her sleep properly we have tried physio therapies heat therapy can you tell me some exercise which can relief her or tablets.
Since six months l am feeling extreme pain from right heel as bone growth suggested physiotherapy by orthopaedic.
I'm 38 years old female and I'm suffering from PMS. It is very painful. I am not able to go to my work. Getting irritate. Angry. Please. Suggest me some helpful home remedies.
If your kid is affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD.