Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Thulsi KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have black marks on my legs (boils and injuries) since childhood. I tried the creams hydroquinone, tretinoin mederma but nothing helps.
Hallow sir, I have got blemish on my face when I was 14 year nd nw im 29 year. Still its does not went out. I used to apply betnovate N every night and its help me lil bit. Can you suggest me what should I do?
Hi my name is Tushar. I have many issue with my skin I get blackhead on nose and check and that turn my skin dark and dull. I have some can scars left on my skin so what is the cure for this. And along with this I have lost some hair from front and want to know how to regrow them.
Skin care is an essential part of health and beauty. Though some of you may avoid or ignore it for a long time while giving in way to bring on crow's feet beside the eyes, thin lines on the forehead, and fine lines over the face, yet these all can be taken care of even in your 40s. If you realize that you need to care and deserve to look good always, it's never too late to start a skin health regimen.
These are the 7 tips you need to follow to make your skin look healthy and glowing when you are in your 40s.
Know your skin type
Whatever skin product you use, always make sure that it is made for your skin type. To know that well, you must know your skin type first. Skin is generally of four types namely oily, normal, dry and combination. Know yours to start right.
1. Washing: Wash your skin everyday. Use a mild face wash. Washing after you come home from an outing is an essential. Besides washing at bath time and washing your face at night before going to bed is also important. This keeps the derm pores on the face clean and prevents dust from piling and prevents acne and pimples.
2. Exfoliating: Exfoliation or scrubbing can be done as per your exposure to the outer world. In 40s your skin cells die sooner, and dead cells form a coat over the skin, which needs to be removed every week or so. Therefore, exfoliating the skin with a mild to normal scrubber in every 10 to 15 days is a good practice.
3. Toning: This keeps the skin healthy and compact as derm pores are tightened preventing entry of dirt and oil. Use a toner after every wash.
4. Moisturizing: A coat of moisturizer after toning is a must to keep the skin hydrated and prevent drying and wrinkling. Dry skin forms wrinkles faster, hence beware.
5. Wrinkle and anti ageing treatment: Use an anti aging cream or serum twice a day, preferably in the morning and at bedtime.
6. Under eye care: Care for your under-eyes and prevent dark spots and patches and the formation of crows feet. These obvious formations after 40 can be healed somewhat with daily care of skin around the eyes.
7. Lifestyle: Get enough sleep at least 6 hours in a day and drink lots of water to keep the skin hydrated and body detoxified.
I have gone some laser treatment to get rid of my acne because of that I get black color in my face, it was for past 3 years, what treatment is needed to get rid of this black color and also having black head and eye circle.
I am 23 year old I have dark circle from 12 yrs from long time I take chemical peel and consult all the dctrs I use all the types of under eye cream like fair eye etc please suggest what should I do ?
What makes you prone to Acne?
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. It can make people conscious of their appearance and result in low self-esteem and anxiety. It usually affects people who fall in the age group of 12-25, but sometimes older people also get affected.
There are various factors that makes the skin prone to acne. Acne occurs when overactive sebaceous glands (glands that produce oil in the skin) produce excess oil and the dead skin cells clog the pores of the hair follicle present in the skin. Inflammation occurs in the clogged hair follicle resulting in acne.
Some causes that makes your skin prone to acne are:
- Diet: Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn't cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
- Stress: Stress is another major cause that makes your skin prone to acne. When the body is stressed, it produces excessive testosterone (a sex hormone) resulting in excessive oil production. Stress also impairs the immune system of the body so that it becomes vulnerable to acne.
- Cosmetics: Some cosmetics (usually oil based) tend to clog the pores of the skin which may result in acne. Using harsh cleansing agents can dry and irritate the skin. Also, gentle washing of the skin is recommended to avoid breakouts.
- Hormones: Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature.