Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Thulsi KumarYour feedback matters!
I was facing black spot acne due to pimples. How can I control it. When I take chicken it produces heat in the body. So that when I take chicken next day I will have pimples on my face. So what I have to do. Suggest me any face wash or applying cream.
wanna increase my wait and bring some glow on my face plzz suggest something which will benefits for me.
MY SISTER DID A FACIAL FOR ME BUT AFTER FINISHING I FOUND OUT THAT MY FACE WAS SCRATCH BADLY I THOUGHT THAT IT'S JUST A WOUND AND WILL GO AWAY AFTER TWO TO THREE DAYS BUT NOW ITS HAS BECOME WORST IT HAS TURN BLACK WHEN I WASH MY FACE THE BLACK spot turns red ANY SUGGESTIONS WHICH LOTION SHOULD I USED.
Hi. Before I have very fair tone. Now my face becoming black. Nd lot if hair loss. And my weight only 45 kgs. I want to increase my weight Nd fair tone naturally. please suggest me. Thank you.
I am male 26 have white heads near my nose and black marks near my lips portion which never goes and same on my neck.
Plz can you gave a good menu plan fr a week to get a flawless fair glowing skin. I am 51 years old n have bleeding piles n thyroid. Thank you.
I am 24 years female. I have rashes on my legs from knee to feet ,thighs and on back side of hip also. Its reddish color and very itchy. My skin type is dry. I tried some moisturizer like vaseline and coconut oil but no changes it shows. Can you recommend any solution for this?
Hi doctor ,last 3 months skin problem in my fingers (left, so many doctors I have consulted but not cure.
A breast augmentation surgery can leave you with bigger and fuller breasts, but can also leave you with a few scars. These scars typically appear on the lower half of the breast, under the arm or around the areola. Scarring depends on the type of skin, as well as how well your skin heals after the surgery. Like any other, the scars caused by breasts augmentation surgery can be treated in a number of ways. Some of these are:
- Silicone gel scar treatment: This involves applying silicone gel onto the scar and allowing it to dry. For best results this needs to be applied daily and left on, for as long as possible. Silicone gel shrinks the scar while simultaneously flattening it and lightening it.
- Silicone sheeting: Silicone sheeting is a strip of silicone available in a variety of shapes depending on the type of surgery undergone. It is a self-adhesive and can be reused. This is typically used to treat scars on creases or areola scars. Both silicone gel and silicone sheeting are most effective when used within 6 months of the surgery.
- Cortisone creams: Cortisone is a hormone that helps fight inflammation. Creams that contain cortisone when applied on a scar can help lighten it and reduce its size. If you plan to use cortisone creams to treat scarring, ensure that the wound has healed completely before applying the cream.
- Dermabrasion: This is a minor surgical process through which the upper skin layer is removed. This is especially useful in cases of raised scars but not suitable to sunken scars.
- Massaging the affected area: A soft circular massage of the operated area can help drain the lymph nodes beneath the skin. This helps reduce inflammation and softens the skin. This also helps break down dense collagen and prevents the formation of a raised scar. However, do not attempt to massage your breasts without consulting your doctor first.
- Laser treatment: Lasers can be used on new as well as old scars. The number of sittings required for laser treatment depends on the size and type of scar. When used on keloid scars, laser treatment can help flatten the scar and reduce redness. Lasers can also be used to stimulate the production of collagen to help the body heal itself. Further, ablative lasers can be used to vaporize scars and are the preferred form of treatment for sunken, irregular shaped scars.
I am 25 years old and I use to smoke and my lips are getting darker day by day please suggest me how can I get rid of it asap and make my lips pink?
What is the best medicine to remove scar. I had met with an accident and now its about 7 months there were 20 stitches. And now the scar is left behind. Its on the right leg under the thumb finger. Is there any ointment or something else.?
Hi i am having folliculitis comes again and again. Now im taking sepmax internally and apply clobirex externally Help me to rid my problem. Paining and pus is der.
Dear sir, I have taken medicine as per doctor's consult/treatment. I am suffering from anal fissure. I have get rid of hardness stood as dispose blood in anal fissure after take to medicine. But not for long time. Same position as hard stood in anal fissure in the present time. So, please proper guide for get rid of anal fissure. Waiting with thanks,
Hi I am Gopi, my natural skin tone is little bit colour due to sunshine I lost it. What should I do to get back my natural skin tone to be fare enough.
I wanna get rid of my tan skin what can I do. I would prefer some derma treatment then home remedies .plz help.
A Hernia may be defined as the protrusion of an organ into an adjacent connective tissue or muscle. The protrusion usually occurs through a tear or a weakened area in the muscle (Fascia). Hernia can be an Inguinal Hernia, Umbilical Hernia, Hiatal Hernia or Femoral Hernia. It can also originate from an incision (Incisional Hernia).
The Inguinal Hernia is commonly observed in males. Here, the intestine squeezes through a tear in the abdominal wall into the groin (Inguinal canal). At times, the small intestine bulges through the abdominal wall (weak spot) near the belly button, which results in Umbilical Hernia. In Hiatal Hernia, the upper part of the stomach passes into the chest through the diaphragm, and of all the hernia types, the Inguinal Hernia is the most common.
Severe strain and muscle tear or weakness can result in Hernia. Obesity, chronic constipation, chronic coughing and sneezing, ageing, damage caused by injury, medical conditions like Cystic Fibrosis, contribute to increased incidences of Hernia. In case of Hernia, the affected area tends to protrude or bulge out. If left untreated; Hernia can prove to be detrimental. One needs to consult a physician for proper diagnosis and treatment. Physical examination can help in the diagnosis of Inguinal Hernia. An ultrasound is needed to diagnose Umbilical Hernia. A Barium X -ray or endoscopy can be of great help in the diagnosis of Hiatal Hernia.
The severity of the Hernia depends upon its size. In case the Hernia is rapidly increasing in size, a surgery is needed for the repair. The surgery performed can be open or laparoscopic. In open surgery, Hernia is identified through an incision. Once located, the Hernia is removed from the adjacent tissues. In laparoscopic repair, small incisions are made in the affected region. Through these incisions, specialized instruments are inserted. It is through these instruments that the surgeon visualizes and performs the surgery.
In such repairs, a mesh, held in place by sutures is used as a scaffold. This facilitates the growth of new tissues in the affected person. This technique significantly lowers the chance of a recurrence.
Certain factors must be well addressed, before performing a Hernia operation:
- Hernia operations, laparoscopic in particular, should be performed by experienced surgeons. Inexperienced surgeons will do you more harm than good.
- Laparoscopic Hernia operation should be avoided in case a patient has adhesions from previous surgery.
- Extreme care should be taken while performing a Hernia operation in infants and children.
- In some cases, Hernia surgery might affect or injure the vas deferens in men. This in turn can affect fertility in men. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.