Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thulasiraman V
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Thulasiraman VYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from spondylitis for the last 3 years. During this period on three occasions, I suffered giddiness and was not able to move from bed. I was treated with betavert 16. Now I am ok to some extend. My doctor advised me to have traction. Is it safe? any relationship between giddiness and spondylitis. Kindly help and advise.
I am man of 59 years age and I am feeling pain in my legs and could not walk for long time. I would request for recommendation for ointment or cream for external application for relief and cure.
My brother age is 18 suffering from bilateral sacroiliitis and disc problem .pain in hip and leg .not able to standing with left leg have pain .pain is increase in morning and evening .he take NSAID tablet prescribe by doctor but not relief .sir please suggest right treatment and advise .thanks.
I am suffering from severe leg pain during night whenever I go to bed, I don't any other health related issue's only leg pain that too not in morning.Please tell.
When I walk upstairs or kneel down, I used to hear small cracking sound on my left knees. Is that due to loss of synovial fluid? I once had an accident and my knee had hit hardly.
Facial paralysis is when there is a loss of voluntary movement of the face on one or both sides. The following are the most common causes of facial paralysis.
- Bell’s palsy, the most common cause of facial paralysis
- Stroke is another major cause of facial paralysis, could be combined with right side arm/leg paralysis
- Tumours, affecting the facial region can exert pressure on the nerves and lead to paralysis
- Infections such as herpes zoster infections cause paralysis
- Difficulty in speech, eating and drinking
- Closing eyelids, movement, and expressions become difficult
- Loss of sensation, which may be temporary or permanent
Ayurveda believes in not just correcting the paralysis but improving overall health so that there is no recurrence and other areas are also prevented from being affected. According to it, increased vata causes paralysis and so treatment includes correction of it plus prevention of vata accumulation through diet and lifestyle changes.
Dietary and lifestyle changes:
- Avoid cold and sour foods like curd, buttermilk, ice creams, cold foods like cucumber, banana, watermelons, etc.
- Avoid fermented foods as they aggravate Vata
- Reduce or avoid pulses like dal as they can worsen gas accumulation
- Substitute rice with wheat
- Substitute cow’s milk with buffalo milk
- Avoid smoking and alcohol completely
- Diet must be easily digestible and simple with lot of green leafy vegetables
- Avoid foods which can cause constipation
- Beejband or country mallow: This has nerve stimulating properties and so useful in paralysis of any sort
- Kali Mirch or black pepper: Used as a water gargle, it is beneficial in correcting paralysis
- Lavanga or cloves: People with Bell’s palsy were given water to which some drops of clove oil were added, and they showed remarkable benefits.
- Mulethi or licorice: This is proven to be effective in stopping the progression of paralysis. People with Bell’s palsy, in whom there was involuntary tearing, had a stoppage of the symptom.
- Ashwagandha capsules: They treat paralysis and also reduce anxiety and stress and depression. It helps by calming and rejuvenating the entire nervous system. It also helps control muscle and joint pains and reduces stiffness. It also helps control insomnia and allows for improved blood pressure.
- Curcumin: This is very beneficial in Bell's palsy patients. With its rich antioxidant content, it reduces free radical release and helps control inflammation and reduces oxidative stress.
- Nirgundi oil: It also cures the imbalance between Vata and Kapha in the body. Massaging with this oil heals injured facial muscles and nerves and improves paralysis. It also eliminates toxins and prevents greying of hair. Its anti-inflammatory properties provide relief from inflammation and pain.
Pranayam, meditation is sure useful in this condition. Do start asanas, slowly begin with surynamaskar. Along with this, one can take Shastrokta medicine, that are-- 1. Ekangvir Ras vati 1 or 2 bd + Maharasnadi kashay ghan vati 2+2 during the day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!