Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thulasiraman V
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Thulasiraman VYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have a severe lower back problem ,from last one week I am on bed rest as I am not able to stand on my feet or even turn around lying down ,kindly suggest what should I do to cure by back ,I had a small accident in my lower back around 12 years back , and have a desk job from past 15 years.
I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. My age is 33 yr. initially I was diagnosed as reactive arthiritis by Dr. in Jehangir Hospital & then sapho syndrome by another Dr. at Sancheti hospital. My joints pains a lot. Frozen shoulder, the leg fingers r swollen, spine pains, right knee joint swelling, right leg ankle is paining, left leg too. Overall i'm feeling like 70 yrs aged person. Im having multiple joint swelling n pain, stiffness, psoriasis on whole scalp n wat not! if you can please suggest some solution. I feel very low.
Hi I am sathish of 17 years old, I have severe legs paining problem from nearly 2 years back and also some backbone pains. So tell some suggestions.
I am asking for my Father. His age is 73 years History: Left side paralysis - June 2006. 10 Years back Regular medicine: Tab. Tozaar 25: 1-1 Tab. Atormac 10: 0-1 Tab. Antiplar plus: 0-1 Recently on 25th Oct 2016, he is diagnosed with 6th nerve palsy. His right eyeball can move upper, lower and left side but unable to turn on right side. Sometimes he is facing the problem of double vision. MRI reports shows normal. Doctor has prescribed below medicines Tab. Neutrogem 800: 1-1 Tab. Nueromin plus: 0-1 Tab. Elirab DSR: 0-1 Tab. Solubet: 1-0 Here I request you to 1) please check whether the treatment is going on right track? 2)Whether I need any investigation/ check up? 3) How many days required for recovery?
Hi I am 45 years old and from last month I have pain in my shoulders and joint. I am suffering from diabetes and my blood sugar level always remains above 350. Please help me to get relief from this pain as soon as possible.
Hello doctor, 3 saal pahele dance karte vaqt knee me injury hui thi Every winter me mujhe knee me pain hota he. Baki nahi hota. Uske baad mene MRI report bhi karvaya. Uska result: 1.chronic low grade partial intrasubstance tear in mid part of anterior cruciate ligament along with interstitial edema 2.anterior tibial translation by -15. 8 mm-? Due to anterior cruciate ligament laxity. 3. Grade-1 signam in posterior horn of mefical meniscus Baad me doctor ko bataya to doctors ne Surgery karne ko kaha Lekin ghar pe mumy papa nahi maan rahe unko darr he ki opretions se kuch kharab ho gya to! Uske bajaaye physiotherapy yaa ayurvdedic medicine se kuch ho sakta he. Abb please advise me.
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!