Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
My milk teeth break at age of 23 year. It there any possibility of getting new teeth. How will I come to know without that my new will come without x-ray. What should I do for getting original teeth. Please help me.
I am 24 year male suffering from halitosis for the past 4 years. I consulted a dentist he said my oral health is good. Even tried THERE AFTER toothpaste . But it is of no use. Kindly suggest me.
Hello Doctor I am 21 years old and my problem is gums are bleeding and bad breath from about 3 weeks
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.
tongue down red bumps no pain and above the tongue a yellow bump with no pain what is this and a slightly swollen of tongue down.
My wife is suffered by pulmonary consolidation for the past three months. Soft tissue size is about 5 cm X 6 cm, physician is recommend to take Cefuroxime 250 Clavulanic acid 125 mg, Paracetamol 500, levocetirizine10 mg and ranitidine. But she getting evening fever, restless feeling, if long breath back chest pain, mouth bitter in taste. Please give me suggestion.
I'm 67 yrs old suffering from mild fever from evening to morning feeling weak,my diastolic pressure remains 90.Teeth of my right upper jaw are quite painful often blood comes out while I brush my teeth
I am suffering from mouth ulcer for tounge, back plate, upper plate and its painful, kindly suggest the remedy.
My son is 7.5yrs. He shatters his teeth a lot at. I guess the term is called bruxism. Is there any remedy. And what are the drawbacks.
I am 45 yrs old male, having problems in teeth and not able to drink cold and hot drinks and chewing is also painful. Kindly advise which paste need to be used or any medicine is available?
What is the treatment if the tooth (right lower molar) is diagnosed as infected (by x ray). Is extraction only the option?
Homeopathy is often associated only with chronic illnesses. Another myth associated with this form of treatment is that it takes ages for the effect of the medication to be visible. However, in the case of a toothache, Homeopathy can be very relevant and can quickly ease the pain. Homeopathic treatment for toothaches addresses the underlying cause of the problem. Some of the common triggers for a toothache are tooth decay, an abscess or gum problems.
Take a look at these common Homeopathic remedies for a toothache:
- Plantago: Plantago is an efficient remedy for toothaches that is accompanied by tooth sensitivity, increased salivation and swollen cheeks. Plantage can be taken in the form of pills or applied externally on the tooth that is paining.
- Silicea: Silicea is the ideal Homeopathic remedy to treat tooth abscesses and their accompanying toothaches. It addresses the collection of pus around the root of the tooth and hence controls the pain. Silicea is also useful against toothaches that are aggravated by cold water.
- Chamomilla: If the toothache is unbearable and affects not one, but an entire row of teeth, chamomilla is what you need. It is also beneficial for toothaches that are aggravated by the intake of warm drinks.
- Hekla Lava: A toothache that is associated with a swollen jaw can be treated with Hecla Lava. This Homeopathic remedy will relieve both the pain in the tooth and the swelling of the jaw.
- Calcarea fluorica: Homeopathic medicine can be used to treat not only a toothache, but also the decaying of a tooth. Calcarea fluorica is known to slow the decay of tooth enamel. It also prevents the flaking of enamel and is has a beneficial impact on people who have enamel deficiency.
- Staphysagria: Unhealthy gums and retracted gums are common causes for tooth decay. Staphisagria is a Homeopathic remedy that can treat the drawing of tooth roots in such cases and the pain associated with them. It also addresses the formation of excessive plaque.
- Arnica: Arnica addresses the toothache and bleeding that follows a tooth extraction and the filling of dental cavities. It is also very useful against the pain and swelling of the gums that accompanies wearing false teeth.
Homeopathic remedies for toothaches offer fast pain relief. Since, Homeopathic medication has negligible side effects, it can be safely administered to both children and adults. However, a tooth ache should never be ignored so do not replace a visit to the dentist with self medicated Homeopathy.