Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. ThomasYour feedback matters!
I am 37 year old unmarried. From past few months suffering from giddiness which doctor predicting it as vertigo problem. Even I have hypo thyroid problem. How can I get rid of these?
Hi My mother is patient of diabetes and high BP. She is feeling that aunts and monkeys are walking around near by. But is not im actual. She is feeling. So please tell what is thi?
I have six month pregnancy, tsh leve is 5.5, symptoms like-pulse rate is high, insomnia, irritating behavior. Taking eltroxin 25 as per consultancy. Is it hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism? and what should I do?
I'm having type 2 diabetes since 1997. I am presently advised zoryl M2 in mornings and zita plus (telegliptin) at night. For hyper tension I am on amlokind AT. B.I.D.I have undergone CABG IN APRIL 2004. I AM ALSO ON NICORANDIL 10 mg. For anticoagulation I'm on deplatt A. Am I on correct medications for my ailments. Recently for my thyroid problem I'm on eltroxin 100 mcg. Kindly advise if any further medicine s are required. Thanks.
Im a diabetes patient and my foot is infected foot and it is very cracked foot can you tell me how to cure my foot.
I am diabetic now my fasting 153 & creatinine 1.2 in urine pus cells 8-10/HPF Pptasium 5.7.pl give suggestion.
Hi, I am suffering from diabetic. What can I do to for normal sugar range? last 18 years my sugar level is between 200 to 300.
Hello Doctor, I am 29 years old, I am a diabetic since 3 years I have taken medicine now I controlled my sugar level I have sexual problem it means I joined with my wife with in two minutes I released my. But no enjoyment what can I do?
I have got a problem for which I like to get some advice. My wife is diabetic now having controlled of her sugar-92-130 but I see that her kidney and RBC is being impaired. Urea-51, creatinine-1.5,RBC-32000, BP-133-90, having E-Coli, Please give me some advice for her cure.
Skipping roap is helpful for diabetes my height is 5.6 and weight 66 kg and I am doing 2300 skipping rope how many calories burn during this acts.
I am 47 years old. I am a diabetic patient since 3 yrs. On fasting my sugar level is 110-140 mg/dl and on pp my sugar level is 160-200 mg/dl. I do not take any medicine What should I do to control my sugar level?
Sir my wife is 52 years old and a diabetic with not much sugar. From last 15 days she is suffering with breathlessness. She complaints that in the left nose the bulgam is drying and problem starts. Shown to all the concern doctors in bangalore but they say every thing is normal e. G lungs functioning normal, nose is OK heart functioning is ok. Doctors say that it is because of anxiety. She is doing meditation now to get rid of breathlessness. But everything is normal then why again the short of breath is persisting?
My mother is 54 years old suffering with diabetes mellitus type -II .I observed her eye vision is very poor. How to improve eye visibility on diabetic patients?
Dear Sir, I 33 years old. I am affected from diabetes. So I take what kind of foods. Please inform diffien, lunch and dinner food take?
Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland, which is present at the lower frontal region of the neck, right beneath the voice box. It produces hormones which regulate metabolism (the breakdown of food by the body to convert it into energy). It even plays a pivotal role in boosting organ functions as well as in helping the body to sustain heat. However, too much of hormone production by the thyroid gland might yield structural problems, for instance, growth of nodules (abnormal tissue growth) or cysts (non-cancerous sac-like structures containing fluid) and swelling. Hence, a thyroid surgery is a must once these problems occur. The surgery, administered with general anesthesia, eliminates the thyroid gland either wholly or partially.
Why do you need surgery?
- The presence of tumors or nodules on one’s thyroid gland is one of the reasons why one should go for the surgery. Although most of the nodules are benign, few can be pre-cancerous or cancerous too. Also, those benign nodules can spell trouble, if they expand in size, thus obstructing the throat. They can be problematic as well if they cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, giving rise to a condition known as hyperthyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism can be corrected through surgery. It is often an outcome of Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder wherein the body misidentifies the thyroid gland as a foreign body, thereby creating antibodies to combat it. The thyroid gland gets inflamed in the process, resulting in the overproduction of hormones.
- Another reason is the enlargement or swelling up of the thyroid gland, termed as goiter. Similar to large nodules, goiter too can clog the throat, thus interfering with one’s breathing, speaking and eating.
Types of Surgery
- Lobectomy: This procedure calls for partial removal of the lobes when a nodule or an inflammation affects just half of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: Here, a small proportion of the thyroid tissue is left behind even after the elimination of the thyroid gland.
- Total Thyroidectomy: Through this procedure, the entire thyroid gland is taken out along with the thyroid tissue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.