Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ThomasYour feedback matters!
I am 51 male I have diabetes, blood pressure and cervical from 2 years. Now i'm facing pain in joints and I don't get proper sleep as well. I feel my body is not flexible for doing work.
I am pregnant of 10-11 week .I have done blood test as suggested after my gynee, all reports are normal excluding TSH TEST which results .20 and normal condition is .30-4.8 is there thing to worry about this test please help me.
My father 58 years before 8 years they got open heart surgery and after that they have bp and diabetes. The problem is, their foot doesn't feel pain if they walk on fire also they don't fall pain.
I am having sugar and I want to know that sugar can be controlled by ayurveda or allopathy medicines and which one of them would be more health conscious Please reply me soon thank you.
The pervasiveness of such a serious disorder can be attributed to its growing significance. In the past few decades there has been extensive research in the field of medical science to analyze and control the causes and symptoms of diabetes. This health condition, if unchecked, can lead one to life threatening disorder.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where a human body fails to produce the required amount of insulin. Insulin is the hormone that carries glucose to your cells. Insulin accelerates a chemical process that signals cells to receive glucose from the blood. Blood derives glucose by breaking down the food you eat; exercise is considered as an inevitable part of daily life as it helps in deriving energy from food by turning it into glucose and a host of other nutrients. A lack of insulin production leads to an accumulation of sugar in your bloodstream thus making you diabetic. Patients of diabetes suffer from upsetting symptoms. In many cases diabetes is so acute that insulin needs to be injected into a patient's body on a regular basis. Timely diagnosis and reliable medical guidance is important for patients of diabetes.
Prevent yourself from these causes:
- Genetics could lead to diabetes. If there has been a family history you should be more cautious.
- The kind of food you eat has a severe impact on your health. Irregular food habits, frequent consumption of junk food increases the chance of insulin resistance and diabetes. Hence, medical practitioners advice healthy eating habits as a preventive health measure.
- Children these days tend to become couch potatoes as they spend a lot of time watching television. Lack of exercise and subsequent obesity could also trigger diabetes in children and adults.
You may experience the following symptoms
- Low insulin production or complete lack of insulin can result in drastic weight loss.
- You can feel exhausted from moderate exertion.
- You may face vision disorders. Poor eyesight and blurry vision are some of the common symptoms.
- Patients suffering from diabetes have the urge to urinate frequently.
- Patients suffering from diabetes experience excessive thirst
- Sometimes, diabetes patients excessively loose weight
- Small wounds and cuts in diabetes patients take more time to heal
Sir I am 23 year old girl and I am suffering from cystitis, mild enlarge uterus with adenomyosis, typhoid,irregular headache and fever ,weight loss due to this I am cancelled by many boys sir please suggest me how can I get relief sir please help me.
My mother has sugar fasting 114. I want to ask what she should do to make it normal and what diet to be taken in such condition?
My TSH is 44 and I am taking Thyroxine 100 mcg since 13 yrs. Could you please advise me what has to be done and why my TSH is so high. My thyroid levels were always normal.
Blood sugar level during pregnancy of 4 months is 135 after 2 hours of eating breakfast. Is it any problem for child?
My mother has been taking depression medicines for last 20 years. Now she is 70 years old. Had been hospitalized recently for 2 weeks. She is at home now but still not fine. She is diabetic and has poor vision too. I have started with homeopathy treatment too. Please guide me.
How harmful if sugar level is 470 and what treatment should be treated to that person ?weight of the person is around 35-40 kg and age is 20 years and 9 months.
My sugar is high after breakfast. But I take insulin 15 & tablet glymipride 1 mg before breakfast and after 1 gram glycomet table thereafter pp sugar is 300 and above. Sir how bring my sugar control.
Medicines taken by me ZORILM 0.5 mg for sugar two tablets daily. COSART H for B.P daily one tablet cartigen FB for Cholesterol daily one tablet GABADON 300 mg (Gabapentin) daily one Pantop 40 daily one. Supradyn daily one tab and long daily one tablet kindly advise sir.
My age is 25 years and I am just 40 kgs and I hardly gain weight, I am eating good meals every time full of protein and fats. I had blood tests for thyroid and sugar but both were normal. What should I do, my friends tease me because I am too skinny.
The classic symptoms of type 1 diabetes are as follows:
Unexplained weight loss
Other symptoms may include fatigue, nausea, and blurred vision.
The onset of symptomatic disease may be sudden. It is not unusual for patients with type 1 diabetes to present with diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA).
Diagnostic criteria by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) include the following:
A fasting plasma glucose (FPG) level ≥126 mg/dL (7.0 mmol/L), or
A 2-hour plasma glucose level ≥200 mg/dL (11.1 mmol/L) during a 75-g oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT), or
A random plasma glucose ≥200 mg/dL (11.1 mmol/L) in a patient with classic symptoms of hyperglycemia or hyperglycemic crisis
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.