Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Thiruvengita PrasadYour feedback matters!
My mother is 63 years old suffering foot ankle pain and has blood pressure and diabetes since 20 years.
Hi my name is mohd azhar my age is 29 I am single I have some pain in my back bone so tell me about.
I am 27 years old I have pain in my lower back pain goes down to buttock until knee but mostly I feel pain in my buttock when I sit down for a while after that when I try to walk I felt pain in the left side buttock. And some times if feel voice of muscles or bones.
I am 20 years old n you hv a pain in my left shoulder frm past 3 months. I dnt knw wat to do its really very painful whenever I lift my left hand up it starts get paining.
I have neck pain. I taken MRI scan impression is disc bulge at c4. I have the mid back pain also. I feel discomfort in my throat. Is it the problem of cervical disc bulge. I have tooth problems. Please help me.
I am 21 years old female and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now? J.
I am 43 year old lady. I have pain in shoulder back please knee and legs always. I am Married having 2 children. Any advise.
I am 51 year old, having back ache for 20 years, doing yoga regularly, but last few days I am suffering from from right shoulder pain & its movements are restricted. What should I do?
Doctor, yesterday I had the appointment of key surgery which was supposed to be done on my right leg knee, doctors were asking me to remove all my clothes including my inners / undergarments, I was not comfortable with that as the doctor was lady, so they postponed my surgery date, doctor I just want to know that is it compulsory to remove all the inners / undergarments for the surgery of my knee?
I am 30 yrs old male person. I m suffering from knee pain. Some times in left knee or in right knee. This pain is not continuous but when I drive bike then it start paining. At that time you want to stretch your feet as long as you can. And when you go to your bed then it starts paining. Many otho specialist suggested me for physiotherapy. But it was useless. Now one doctor gave me a tablet named sancort6. And it start working but after 14 days I feel minor pain. Now I m aftraid what to do. Please suggest me if possible. One thing I want to say that every doctor suggested for no knee operation.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.