Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Thiruvarul

Urologist, Chennai

300 - 400 at clinic
Dr. Thiruvarul Urologist, Chennai
300 - 400 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care....more
I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care.
More about Dr. Thiruvarul
Dr. Thiruvarul is a renowned Urologist in Kilpauk, Chennai. Doctor is currently associated with Adithya Hospital in Kilpauk, Chennai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Thiruvarul on has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Adithya Hospital

No.7, Barnaby Road, Kilpauk. Landmark: Near To Ponniyamman Temple, ChennaiChennai Get Directions

Sridevi Hospital

16th Main Road, Anna Nagar. Landmark: Opp To UCO Bank, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
300 at clinic

Vasantha Hospital

No. 45 & 119, Sanjeevarajan Koil Street,Old Washermenpet. Landmark: Near S.M. Silks & Near Maharani Theater, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
400 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Thiruvarul

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I'm suffering from kidney stones, I want to take a lesser treatment. Can you please tell me the details.

MBBS, DNB (General Surgery), MNAMS (Membership of the National Academy) (General Surgery) , Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Fellow of Indian association og gastro intestinal endo surgeons
General Surgeon, Ghaziabad
Small stones upto 7mm may pass spontaneously with medicines. Larger stones require endoscopic or surgical removal or sometimes ultrasonic breakage. Have plenty of water. Get ultrasound kub done.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a problem in my kidneys before 4 year ago I do a one operation of my kidneys bt ow days my kidneys is max 22 cm so wt to do now n m age is 54 yea old.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Median renal lengths were 11.2 cm on the left side and 10.9 cm on the right side. Median renal volumes were 146 cm3 in the left kidney and 134 cm3 in the right kidney. Renal size decreased with age, almost entirely because of parenchymal reduction. If you have no problems you need not worry or do a check up with the doctor who removed the other kidney.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My age is 17 yrs. Sperms are getting out with my urine. What to do. Is there any benefit of using v-shaped underwear.

General Physician,
Due to sexual arousal the semen secretion takes place and few sperms also comes out along with semen even with urination. Don't worryworry have nutritious food go for morning walk followed by free hand exercises and yoga and pranayum like kapal bhatee etc. It will be alright.

When I go to bath to faces Sudden pain in my anal and few blood come out The pain continues . Please help me.

MBBS, M S General Surgery ,
General Surgeon, Chandigarh
hi if u hv problem of constipation along with this u need to first start high fibre diet and plenty of fluids tab dulcolax one tab at night for ten days . tab dobsil 500mg one tab twice a day for five days .. apply lox cream 5% over that area . thank u
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 24 year old boy. I need to go bathroom many time and urge to urine all time. So please suggest help me and is it symptom of prostate inflammation. I did ultrasound last month then the report was normal.

General Physician, Cuttack
Do USG KUB, Urine Re/Me, Blood sugar test..If all these investigations are normal, then it could be due to dysfunction of pituitary gland,consult endocrinologist for advice and treatment
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a CKD patient, male 63 yes. Having potassium level 5.6. How to reduce potassium in blood. Creatinine is 1.7.No fruit is taken as guided. Please. Advise as early as possible.

M Ch Urology
Urologist, Kolhapur
High potassium level is dangerous. You need to undertake specialist advice to reduce blood potassium level to normal.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir Meri problem ye hai ki muje urine bar bar ata hai mein din bhar me bahot bar jata hu raat me b 3 4 bar urine jana padta hai. Pahele aesa nahi hota tha. Pls tell me aese kyu hota hai.

pg general medicene
Ayurveda, Hyderabad
Dear Juber first of all get urine and blood examined to rule out Urinary tract infection and diabetes. Take Chandra prabha vati 2tabs morning and evening with water.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My son is 29 years old and he has urge of going for toilet - motion for the past 30 days. He often uses toilet minimum 6 times a day. He weighs 90kg and now on diet and exercise.

General Physician,
Increase in urinary frequency may be due to diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, urinary tract infections etc. First if there is any burning sensation in micturition or lower abdominal pain, fever is present, then it might be due to uti and urine culture should be done followed by proper antibiotic therapy. If there is no such symptoms present, fasting blood sugar and post prandial blood sugar should be checked to exclude diabetes. Also avoid sweetened drinks and excess amount of coffe or tea intake. Water intake should be restricted to 3-4 litres per day. Then according to reports furthur treatment can be done.
128 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have to go toilet every hour and if sleeping I do it on bed while sleeping. What to do?

Ex Sen.V.Surgeon/Research Scientist, M.D.(Alternative Medicine/tibetan/chinese/acupuncture), Vaida/ Unani, Homeopath
Unani Specialist, Moga
Hi dear -it occurs bcz of weak bladder musculature so for its permanent relief-- you need to take a regular course--3-4 months its package is available @700- 1500/- rs. Pm
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother age is 59 and she has get edema on both legs. After blood test Creatinine is 1.6 and urea is 31. Does she is suffering from Kidney disease.

MD - General Medicine
General Physician, Mahabubnagar
Hello, Serum Creatinine is on higher side (upper limit in female is 1.2) Need to do other tests like Spot Urine Albumin creatinine ration, Urinary protein and Complete urine analysis USG abdomen To look for kidney disease Thank you.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Mera khana theek se digest nahi pata hu Khana khane ke thodi der baad mujhe toilet jana padta hain or mera wajan bhi bhut kam hain.Please tell.

Ayurveda, Ambala
To improve digestion power you can follow these methods : • Take one teaspoon of ajwain seeds (carom )and 1/2 teaspoon of jeera grind it and make powder of it add 1/3 rd of teaspoon of this in your food you eat . •To make your digestion good take 5 gm (1 teaspoon) of jeera (cumin ), 5 gm (1 teaspoon) of dry corriander seeds (dhaniya) , 5 gm (1 teaspoon) of ajwain (carom seeds ) and add some leaves of mint in glass of water and boil it till the water become half in pan. Drink it daily once in a day. • Take pudina (mint) and coriander leaves grind it and eat one teaspoon of it daily 2 times in a day . You can make chutney of it . Mint and corriander has enzymes that improve your digestion . • Eat one fruit before one hour of taking meal . Eat an apple daily . * Do pavanmuktasan daily for 5 minutes under the supervision of yoga expert. • Eat healthy food and avoid fast food , spicy food , excessive consumption of tea , coffee and alcohol .
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I m 23 years old Male. My problem is that whenever I go to toilet, I need at least 20-25 minutes. I m totally frustrated with this. I saw other people they need only 5-10 minutes, but in my case I don't feel comfortable in 5-10 minutes, I need almost half an hour. Please suggest me, what I should do now?

M. Sc. Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics, B.Sc-Home Science
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Visakhapatnam
You need to change your lifestyle. Engage yourself in some high physical activities. Increase the intake of fibre rich foods, especially soluble fibre like banana, papaya, pineapple, guava, apple, kiwi, mango at least 4-5 servings in a day. Always drink hot water. Also consume sugarcane juice regularly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I have kidney stone in one kidney of 4 mm. Can you please help me to know what should I eat and stop so that stone size gets decreased or don't increase.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Delhi
4 mm stone is easily curable. Drink plenty of water, don't eat any vegetable with seeds like tomatoes, eggplant, ladyfinger, etc. U can drink green coriander water on empty stomach in morning.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering with back pain. Doubt on Kidney stones. Last year detected stone and it gone with medicine. Now again it started. I am drinking splendy of water even though the urine is in yellow colour.

PGFCP, PGDEMS, Bachelor Of Ayurvedic Medicine And Surgery
Ayurveda, Satara
Dear lybrate user. A) take 30 ml of audumbaravleha along with 30 ml of lukewarm water early in the morning and at evening before meal half an hour. B) take 2-2 tablets of sheetprabha vati along with audumbaravleha. C) take 1 tsf of black cumin seeds and 1 tsf of jaggery after meals. Do all these things for 15 days. It gives you good result. Thanks.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having 8 mm stone, it's stucked in UV Junction, I have taken all treatment from Ayurveda and homeopathy, but no relief yet. please suggest me for best medicine or treatment.

Homeopath, Kolkata
take renal calculinum 200 and colocynth 200 both medicine thrice daily for 15 days and consult after taking medicine
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, I am suffering from with pressure of passing the urine. I already check the sugar test, it indicates normal, but I am suffering from this disease. Sugar test reports: Plasma glucose fasting: 79 mg/dl Plasma glucose post prandial: 103 mg/dl. Please suggest me the solution.

CCEBDM, PG Diploma In Clinical cardiology, MBBS
Cardiologist, Ghaziabad
Get urine tested re/me and report 1.Pass urine whenever you feel a desire, empty bladder completely. 2.Wipe from front to back after toilet 3.Take lots of water so as to have clear urine 6.Clean genitals before sex and pass urine after sex to flush out any bacteria 7.Keep genital area dry- wear cotton, loose under garments, avoid tight clothes like jeans for medicine contact on private consultation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

27 mm calculus in lumen and prostate enlarged 42x37x51 mm (vol 40.5 cc) what to do I am 59 years

FMAS, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
General Surgeon, Ahmedabad
Enlarged prostate causing symptoms, urine obstruction and resultant stone formation .may need prostatectomy. See a surgeon.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 22 years old male, my kidney transplant was done 8 years ago I am doing doing gym from last 2 years my creatine is 1.9 urea is 48 is it safe to take bcaa supplement, is there effect on kidneys due to bcaa.

General Physician, Jalgaon
Please Don't take it For betterment of kidney. Take Plenty of water daily Take Gokharu kadha 15 ml twice a day Punarnavasav 15 ml twice a day. Regularly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed