Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. ThirupathiYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors. I am having cold and cough for last 2 days. I use to drink banana shake regularly. Is it harmful to me? What should I do to prevent from cold Sneeze cough?
What is your opinion on cancer that kills who suffered in that and is soul reason is chain smoking as the doctors declared. So what you tell about open smoking? Please advice.
I usually get tonsils and sore throat. Later I developed cold and cough it usually happens whenever I eat something from outside. How to prevent it and treatment for same.
I am 27 years old male. I have asthma from childhood. I ill every time. What can I take precautions?
I got two top front teeth removed one and a half months back. I am having pain in my mouth all day. General physician gave metrogyl gel and betadine gargle. One dentist gave flozen plus another dentist gave mobizox morning and evening but it is not helping. My dentist asked me to consult a neurologist and said it might be a sinus problem. But it does not seem to be a sinus problem. A colleague has suggested a doctor called manish bhargava in munirka. Neurologists are available near my office at nims hospital at lajpat nage. What should I do?
Hello sir, I gave cough since 1 week dry cough. No headache, no fever, no chest pain. What should i do?
I'm 32 years old male, when I get cold and winter season I'm getting breath problem, Early morning time struggle so much,
Hello doctor my brother has a habit cough. What should we do? I mean any treatment which he could get relive instantly.
Sir, when I use to run I generally get tired and started breathing fast and I cough. What can I do stop this? please help.
1. It is important to gargle with warm water immediately after nebulization. This measure is intended to wash out the deposits of drugs that if allowed to stay within the oral cavity, will lead to hoarseness of voice and oral ulcers.
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.