Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ThirunavukarasuYour feedback matters!
Dr,Tirunavukarasu is a well experienced dcotor in this industry.He listens to the case cautiously and go for some methods to dissolve the situation.In my case since a teacher of Amity Chennai Global Business school is involved in stalking me he requested me to wait for some time till he reaches India from United States of America and take the situation in his hand completely.I totally rely on him.
I love a girl very much. and going to propose her. I love her that much as I can only see her as my wife. But sometimes i'm not able to trust her. I think she is lying. So that should I do to increase my faith in her. I do not want to loose her.
I'm 31 years old. Im masturbating for quite long time. Recently I have got low back pain, blurred vision, disturbed sleep, body ache, tired and less memory and focus. Kindly help me to overcome this.
I am 22 years old and I want to know that why I am so impatient. Whenever I am reading any solution to the problem I feel impatient and restless I just want to finish reading the solution quickly and I behave the same way in many aspects of my life, I want to know why I am restless and impatient in each aspect of the life, I do not know how to manage things means I will open an article on impatience in wikipedia and will just start reading and then I will scroll to the bottom reading the things fast like I do not want to wait, I can hardly control myself, I am aware of this thing but I can not control this thing I feel frustrated ,i am very impatience in my work like reading any wikipedia page ,i soon wanted to get to conclusions I do not know why I get impatient can anyone teach me how to be patient because I can not get my any work done due to my impatience and unable to achieve any skill. Can anyone teach me to think please.
I lost someone close last month and since they feel very angry and prefer keeping to myself all time. Please help me.
Does drinking one cup of vodka can reduce stress and head ache I am asking this because I am getting headache every time and when ever I drink one cup of vodka the headache gone instantly.
Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The best way to deal with it to accept that it is only a temporary phase which everyone faces. If you keep worrying and try to fight it, you will become even more anxious and your health will become even worse.
It is therefore important that you acknowledge it, first of all and try to cope with it. Controlling anxiety isn't a gigantic task. You can feel at ease with by doing these simple things:
- Self-soothing techniques: There are many physiological things for you to do as well which will allow you to relieve anxiety. Diaphragmatic breathing is a very good way to achieve this. Sometimes reassuring yourself is more valuable than you think. Practice saying comforting things to yourself and the stress and anxiety will automatically reduce. Muscle relaxation is yet another method which will allow you to decrease your anxiety.
- Deep breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Get adequate sleep: Everyone feels bad when they do not sleep enough. However, did you know that lack of sleep is a major cause of anxiety. The more you sleep, the less anxious you will feel.
- Exercise regularly: You probably know that exercise is very important for maintaining good health. However, what you probably do not know is that exercise is perhaps more effective than even medication in relieving your anxiety. Therefore, it is imperative for you to get moving.
- Monitor your diet: Your diet is crucial in reducing your anxiety as caffeine and alcohol are two of the leading causes of anxiety in your body. However, abruptly stopping your intake of caffeine and alcohol also leads to withdrawal symptoms. Therefore balancing out intake of alcohol and caffeine is crucial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Hi I want to quit smoking but I think my willpower is not so strong to help me quit this I have tried several times but not able to. It effect my health and I am not able to gain weight due to loss of appetite whenever I'm tensed or happy or any other situation I want that. Please suggest me some medicine to quit smoking Thanks.
The key to ‘good’ intervention for any individual with autism may often be understanding the condition, understanding the unique ways in which individuals with autism think and learn, accepting their autism as a vital, vibrant part of their being and then approaching the intervention, the teaching of skills, and / or changing of behaviours, from that paradigm of understanding and acceptance. What most people with autism need are intervention plans that spring from a rock solid understanding of autism, provide them with structure and predictability and incorporate good behavioural principles in the teaching.
On the basis of a functional assessment by a competent professional, intervention plans are tailored based upon the individual strengths and needs of each specific child.
The intervention plan may use one or a combination of some of the scientifically proven effective techniques such as:
Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication handicapped CHildren Method(TEACCH) emphasizes on using skills that children already possess to enable them to become independent. Organizing the physical environment, developing schedules and work systems, making expectations clear and explicit, and visual materials are effective in developing skills and allowing people with autism to be independent of direct adult prompting.
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)emphasizes on one-to-one sessions in discrete trial (DTT) format to develop cognitive, social, behavioral, fine motor, play, social and self-help skills. The technique involves structured presentation of tasks from most simple to more complex, breaking them down into small sub-skills and teaching each sub-skill, intensely, one at a time. It involves repeated practices with prompting and fading of prompts to ensure success. It uses rewards or reinforcement to help shape and maintain desired behaviours and skills.
Verbal Behavior Analysis (VBA) is an addition to ABA and is also based on breaking down and teaching language in functional units unlike the teaching of language based on grammar. In addition to teaching at the table top, teaching in (and with) the natural environment (NET) is important.
Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS) is built on the fact that non-verbal children with autism may attempt to spontaneously use objects to communicate. People with autism tend to be visual learners, and a visual means of communication can help them to understand and use the process of communication. PECS aims to teach spontaneous social-communication skills by means of symbols or pictures and the teaching relies on behavioural principles, particularly reinforcement techniques. Behavioural strategies are employed to teach the person to use functional communicative behaviours to request desired objects. The requesting behaviour is reinforced by the receipt of the desired item.