Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ThirunavukarasuYour feedback matters!
I am losing hair quickly and have tired all shampoo but no effect yet. I am not sure what can I do. Can you please help me with this?
Sir, I have hairfall from 6 months and losing hair continuously please suggest best treatment for reduce my hair loss and also have pimples on my face. So please tell suggestions.
I am suffering acute hair fall and dandruff problem. Please suggest something to stop hair fall and how to grow long thick hair.
My hair are falling badly. Even after every bath large numbers of hair fall. Also hair are thin and weak, broken on just oil in them in large number s. Please give correct suggest.
I have huge hairfall and dandruff problem, because of this itching in there on my scalp. What is the solution for this.
Sir I am loading my hair now from recent days, I am not using any hair dyes simply iam using head and shoulder shampoo only while bathing, now I am having more hair fall with dandruff sir please give any oil to apply for my hair to control.
I am suffering from 1st stage Classical Hodgkin's Lymphoma of Lymphocyte rich type at right side of the neck. Kindly advise me what will be the appropriate treatment for this.
I am 18 years old male And I have many time skin problem please provide information how to refuse it.
Women can find unwanted hair growth very embarrassing. This is especially true if she sports hair growth on her face. Excessive hair growth on a woman is also known as Hirsutism. This differs from the usual fine 'peach fuzz' that covers the rest of the body. Such hair can be characterized as dark and coarse.
Hirsutism has a number of causes. Some of the most common reasons for this condition are:
- Genes: Hirsutism often runs in families. Thus, if your mother or grandmother suffered from this skin condition, chances are that you may suffer from the same. This is most commonly seen in people from the Mediterranean region and South East Asia.
- Hormones: Hirsutism is also linked to an abnormally high level of male hormones like androgens in the body. This is usually seen in cases where women suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Cushing's syndrome or tumors in the adrenal gland.
- Medication: A shift in hormone levels is also a common side effect of many types of medication. This is typically seen in drugs that include hormones, such as anabolic steroids, drugs that spur hair growth and drugs that help with endometriosis.
Facial hirsutism can be treated in a number of ways. Some of the ways to remove excess hair are:
- Shaving: This is an easy and quick way to remove unwanted skin. However, it may irritate the skin and with every shave, the hair growth may get coarser.
- Bleaching: This is a temporary solution for Hirsutism, but may irritate the skin and does not suit dark skinned women.
- Waxing: When done regularly, waxing can reduce the amount of hair growth. However, this is a painful technique and can cause skin inflammation.
- Laser hair treatment: Compared to the above forms of hair removal, laser treatment can remove hair for the longest period of time. However, this is not a permanent solution and can have side effects like the lightening or darkening of skin.
- Electrolysis: This is permanent solution to Hirsutism. It can require several sittings and may also lead to scarring or changes in skin colour.
- Medication: Prescription drugs can also change the way hair grows on the body. However, if you stop using this medication the hair growth with go back to its original form. Birth control pills and anti androgen blockers are the most common form of prescription drugs used to treat hirsutism.
At the evening time I have itching in my body when remove my garments and got radish skin please advice.
I have dark black lips, I think bcz of hormones problem from childhood So I want to make it light Suggest me any solution for it.
Is copper coloured blimpsis and redness on legs are symptoms of leprosy? Is it curable please suggest.
Lybrate | Dr. Ashim Lahiri speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY