Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ThirunanamYour feedback matters!
My mother age 40 and she is a heart patient. She has pain in her left arm right now. What to do? Please help.
Pain in the tip of the finger after one day when we cut the nails sometimes its normal but sometimes very bad pain.
Hello, I am 59 years old M, I am having low back pain in the coccyx region and severe pain when I sit for a longer time at one place since 2 months so then I did MRI and the reports say that I am having slight anterior angulation of coccyx and posterior disc protrusions at L4-L5 and L5-S1. Please suggest me medications over this at your earliest.
I got a fracture in the proximal phalanges of my right hand index finger. But still swelling is there and I can feel the pain. What to do?
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.