Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. ThirunanamYour feedback matters!
I'm nowadays getting a severe backpain and my back is gradually tilting. What should I do? I need help ASAP I am 17 years old and I'm also skinny.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I had calcaneus fracture 2 months ago and 20 days ago my cast was put off. I am not able to walk properly and Swelling along with bruising is present. Please tell me what to do and how much time will it take for Complete recovery.
My hand was fractured one month ago. I had a plaster for 7 days but still after one month there is so much pain in my hand I can't pull a heavy objects and my hand also not twisting normally. please suggest me treatment.
Previously for my left disc some extra growth came and it touches to spinal cord because of that I was getting leg and back pain. In 2011 doctor did some operation and removed extra growth after that till last week I haven't faced any problem. But now I am getting pain at operated place and full leg pain and low back ache. My height is 5.7 and weight is 90kgs.
Hello Doctor! My age is 32 . I was detected with spondylitis spondylitis in June 2016. I did a CT Scan of Cervical Spine . The report says 1) No Focal area of altered attenuation in the supra or infratentorial parenchyma 2) Ventricles .cisterns and sulci are unremarkable 3) No middle shift is seen 4) Visualized skull base appear normal 5) Screening through cervical spine - Diffuse posterior bulge of C3-4 to C6-7 discs indenting anterior subarachnoid space. Conclusion No significant parenchyma abnormality is seen. Multislice plain CT Brain Screening of Cervical Spine was performed on MDCT scanner. I also have BP problem and fatty liver grade 1 .From past 10 days I am having pain in my back neck which is passing to front shoulder and left side chest also and I am getting pain in my left side head also . I took some painkillers nothing worked What is the exact problem with me .I did some massage and hot water fermentation for 4 days I felt better only for some time but pain is still there My Orthopedic Dr. asked me to take tablet flexura d for 10 days .I took for 2 days but no benefit . The moment I take more medicines I feel discomfort in my right side below chest area where liver is present . Antacid tablets alos do not suit me. Is my problem curable or will I have this pain life long . I did my liver test that’s normal my chest x-ray is also normal. should I do upper chest sonography to figure out why is there a pain is there some nerve problem or other issue. should I also go for Spine MRI as I am really fed up of the pain .I hope I do not have any Heart problem .Pls Help me .Please reply asap.
I have a back pain when travelling, especially by two wheeler. What to do for cure, not for relief. I am living in visakhapatnam right now.
The various angles and contours of our body define us and our personality to a great extent. There are many instances where women, in particular, may feel that they can do with a little more shape in areas like their breasts and buttocks. For this, there are various toning exercises and diet plans that may help over a long duration of time. But for those who would like a more wholesome appearance in less time, there is always the option of getting implants. Much like breast implants, one can also avail the option of getting butt implants that can add some curves to that region of the body. Let us find out all there is to know about this kind of surgical and cosmetology procedure.
Butt augmentation or butt implants are usually done with the help of gluteal implants that can be injected into the muscles of that region of the body. These can greatly enhance the shape of the butt.
Butt implant, basically a body contouring procedure, can be done with liposculpture, which seeks to remove the excess fat from the area as well. However, this can increase the time taken to complete the surgery.
The augmented rear will have a rather firm, but natural feel after the surgery is completed. It will have the taut feeling that a person gets to enjoy when he or she indulges in heavy workouts that involve lifting weights and plunges.
There are many shape options that will be given to the patients who are about to go through this procedure. The shapes will include oval or round, depending on the overall figure and built of the patient.
There are other options in this regard too. One can go in for cohesive silicone or solid silicone for the filling, which will form the implants and give shape to the butt region. Also, one can choose from a variety of surfaces that can go from smooth to textured. One can also choose gel options for the buttocks so that it suits the body type and kind of shape that the patient wants.
The location of the implants is another very important factor that one needs to consider in such cases. There are three locations that one can choose from. The patient can choose the top portion that lies towards the upper sides of the buttocks, or the crease where both the cheeks meet. The third location is towards the lower part of the buttocks.
- The other things to consider are the shape and skin quality before the procedure. One will also have to evaluate the upper lower and mid buttock area so as to ascertain the best area when it comes to implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.