Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ThirunakaurYour feedback matters!
I'm 18 years old girl and I have problem in my nose. Sneezing blockage pain in nasal bone usually. I usually have headache also bcoz of this. please suggest me wht should I do.
I am 23 year old men and I am suffering nasal allergies please sir/ma'am advice me to solve this problem.
How to take care of sensitivity of throat? I get cough and cold problem very fast. I think my throat is very sensitive to the change in atmosphere. So please help me.
My age is 19. I am regularly feeling of stuck in throat, acid in throat, breathlessness sometimes, nerves stiffness in throat and pain in behind the chest, scapular region. Is it normal or not or what can I do?
I have too much of cough. So please tell me any solution on that. There is also a pain in my throat.
I am 22 year old male. I have a problem of cough since last 20 years. Please suggest me. Because of these I have facing problem when I talking. Before talking I just give thrust to my throat. Then after that my voice comes out.
I suffer from Sinusitis for the last 25 years. Even a test also indicated that it is positive. Please advise what drugs should be taken by me?
Hi, My total bilirubin is 1.5, direct bilirubin .4, ast 25, alt 25, gamma gt 25, ad ratio 1,4 is this normal. Last month I have taken antibiotics for my soar throat.
Ear pain very pain inside Ear digg continuous discharge intense itching yesterday blood also came. How Can I cure this?
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with a doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery