Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ThirumagalYour feedback matters!
In a journey I got jerk in my shoulders since then there is pain in my shoulders what should I do to ease the pain?
I got hurt on my left leg. And its more than 5 days ago. And its paining till now. I applied moov and the pain seems no relief.
I am 18 year old male and I am a fast bowler. I am suffering ftom shoulder pain from last week. So, what can I do?
I have a pain in my right leg and I have a tiny pain at my belly, what can I do now? Please help me.
My father's area between shoulder blades have burning sensation only when that area come in contact with some another surface. Like when he lay down on bed. Due to this he can't sleep on back. He is having cervical nerve compressed, so laminectomy surgery has been done 1 year ago. Please help. Or tell home treatment.
I had an accident and it causes a broken fibula bone. But right now I have remove my cast 3 week ago but pain is still there (left leg. What should I do?
Hi docs, my mother aged 50 has a problem with hands. Many a times her hands get so weak that she can not even raise her hand and shut her fist in pain. Also black patches noticed on hands since last 15 days. Please help me out.
I am 16 years old male ,i suddenly had pain on my right side of my hip .the pain started on January 2016. I showed it to many doctors .all of them said to do MRI scan .and every time the report shows normal result .i have problem in walking what should I do now.
Hi, I am 30 yr old, male, I have wrist pain from last two weeks, right hand, it doesn't pain during normal working, but when I rotate my wrist it pains. I daily drive bike approx 45-48 km for work. Request your advise to get rid of this.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.