Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thiru Vikraman S
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Thiru Vikraman SYour feedback matters!
I am not able to respond on the time when a question is asked. Its taking time to respond. How to sharpen my brain.
From child hood onwards I never live in hostel after 10th my parents put me in hostel I was not able to adjust with the hostel environment. The food and rooms are very good but some feeling arise in my mind it kills me until I came out of the hostel it do not leave. It feels like very difficult to live and fear .so I returned home and did my intermediate in my village. Later for short term course (40 days) I myself asked my parents to join in hostel to crack eamcet exam even then I feel the same feeling I can not live one day even I returned to home the next day itself. So again I did my b.tech in a small engineering college near my village (daily service just 4 kms away frm house) From 3rd year onwards I started thinking of carrier and took GATE coaching weekend batches in vijayawada (which is 35 kms apart from my village) I thought I am matured as I did my b.tech and I am a 22 years old. As I got admission in amrita university coimbatore which is 1000 kms apart from our village I prepared everything and happily joined in college but I feel the same feeling which I felt in intermediate .again I returned to home I am not able to stay in hostel in my life like others my parents are worrying about me Some times I am thinking that my life is waste I can not do anything so better commit suicide. All my friends are staying out and no one is in my village .even then I am fearing to go out .please tell me is there any solution for this problem. Please help me.
I am 24, height 5'10" weight 72 kg Suffered from allergy (high IgE level). Taking montelukast +levocetirizine since 7 years. From last one year I am not able to concentrate on studies, my mind is getting weakening day by day. Grades getting worse. Problem of short term memory loss. I am unable to study as before. Please help me what should I do?
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage.