Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Thiru Vikraman SYour feedback matters!
I am staying alone since 5 years & I am an IT engineer and aged 26 years. I am the responsible person to my home. Now I am deeply depressed Due to some family issues. Now a day I a feeling very loneliness since last 8 months. I am trying to avoid the lonely with watching porns & masturbate to self satisfaction. I have more sex feelings. I always think to have sex with someone but I did not due to heavy family responsibilities. Now a days I am not controlling that's feelings because of lonely. I am not concentrate in preparation or my development. So that I use to masturbate to self satisfaction. I will do HP at least 4 times in a day while I am on leave or alone. I am not participated in sex still. But I am thinking about sex to do with someone.
I am having trouble with controlling my emotions, trust issues aslo I used to have anger management issue as a child, I somehow managed to control it but not it's also resurfacing. I get agitated quickly.
I lost somebody else close to my heart then I am very depressed what can I do. have very ling headache so what can I do and what I have to do? Can I use tablet for this? i don't like to eat food also. I can't have sleeps in night. So please doctor help me so i can live without fear. Please advise.
Speaking problem as word doesn't come quickly to my mind. I cannot contruct a little long sentence. I have to speak in very short sentences which some times don't fully express what I really want to say.
Dear Doctor, due to unnecessary chronic anxiety, my weight is getting reduced. I'm already underweight. My bmi is 17.2.I have a feeling of vomiting and I can't sleep at night. Is it harmful for health? Can it cause heart problem such as anorexia? I'm male. I'm in a confusion. Will it lead to heart problem and diabetes? I'm male, age 29.
Hi I am 24 years old, girl, I have mentally stressed about family, office and friends. I can't manage to all, please give me suggestion.
I am 46 years old, female, married. I get depressed. When ever I am alone. I think of suicide or run away. Please suggest.
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
A depressed father will display stress and agitation instead of engaging the young minds in interesting learning or other activities.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.