Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Thiru Vikraman SYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, need. Your help and advise pls, my son is going to be 8 years by coming Feb, and.studying in 2nd class. He has Serious problem in standing, he doesn't concentrate on studies and has memory loss problem, he forgets the subject very next day, and very casual in studying and. Writing and some times he gets good Marks and appreciation as well, could not understand him, am totally worried about his studies and future, thought of sharing my concern and worries, sorry if am asking a wrong question.
Hi. My age 23. i am a short temper. I got anger for small reasons i am not in pease always from the morning to night getting anger. Its spoiling my life.
I have red eyes while I am studying in night. I feel very depressed. What will I do? Please help me.
I am completely normal after depression. But why I am getting reminder that it will be all dead and I willbecomes sad again. Any suggestions to overcome this?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keepingto my self all the time. Please help me.
Please tell me the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist and the whole procedure please.Please tell.
I am getting cold and fever and body pain in night daily from 2 or 3 months and also my skin is very sensitive when I go in sun it itches alot.
Im 32 years old working Mom. Unable to cope up with d stress. Im not happy with my achievement my in laws my business, financial status. Everything z distressing me. Because of my work n baby I can not get enough sleep. Because of my in laws I can not get enough finances n peace. I feel like depression z seeping in my life.
My friend says she has constant loss of memory she is 27 years old I have personally realized that she has in past forgotten some facts does this required medical attention.
I was ditched by a girl during my studies. It was very bad incident. I decided to concentrate on my studies and doing that one. But regular intervals my mind was going to past things which are giving pain. Tell me how must I focus to my career and to forget my past.
I am 50 years ols person my memory gets weak as I have to prepare for some important exams. Please advise me the remedies.
I am thinking about one girl about marriage there are lots of complication I can't control my focus on work and any thing day .night only thinking about her.
I had suffered from post partum depression. Was on antidepressants since one year. Now cured from it. My Dr. said it's a genetic one. There are some changes to reoccur in future. Can you please give your opinion on this. Thanks.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.