Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Thilagavathi.PYour feedback matters!
I have migraine issue but after taking doctor's prescription, I started taking medicine but I didn't get relief so please suggest.
I sometimes got vibration in my heart and body and I have remembering problem too. What should I do?
Hi, I am a 22 year old female and approx 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Vit D, 12 and hemoglobin deficiency for which I took the medicines but now I am fine. But I am a high myopic since birth. Now my power has reached -15 and I have a severe dryness problem due to overuse of contact lenses. These days I am having regular headache specially and the upper left part of the headache sometimes the pain is pulsating otherwise I also experience needles like pain sometimes. I do not have any vomiting kind of feeling. I feel sudden loss of grip and unconscious drop of things. I even feel like I lose balance while walking but i'm not sure if it could be because of side vision in such high myopia. From past a week i'm hands get numb if very fast if I keep them underneath my head in the morning while sleeping. And I even feel my bones are getting softer, I feel the weakening. And my wounds are healing very fast though my sugar is very much normal. Also I have got 3 small pimples on the left eyebrow, near left side of the nose and left side of the chin.
I am 21 years old. And am unmarried. I have numbness and a little spasm in my penis and panel soft for 2+ year. It becomes more numb in sitting position on bike, chair, car seat. There is also little pain in nerves beside ass hole. And panel soft is more numb and the color of it is little bit change. I never has had sex. But the problem arise one night when was sleeping. When I was woke up at mid night, I felt low sensation in my penis. I also had MRI the result is. STIR coronal section of sacroiliac joint do not reveal any signal abnormality. Summary - The L4/5 level disc shows mild dessication and subtle diffuse bulg. The thecal sac, bilateral traversing L5 nerve roots, neural foramen and existing nerve roots are normal. And the xray result is- Loss of Lumber lordosis, likely due to muscle spasm. Please give a suggestion what to do.
Epilepsy is a common illness and therefore, we commonly encounter women with epilepsy (WWE), who are either pregnant or contemplating pregnancy. There are a lot of apprehensions and misconceptions regarding managing epilepsy in this group of WWE. Here, I wish to highlight some of the important aspects of managing epilepsy in women who are planning a pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
1. If a woman is seizure-free for at least two years, she can consider withdrawing anti-epileptic drugs (aeds) under the supervision of neurologist, and then plan for pregnancy.
2. If a woman has seizures, it is better to continue aeds during pregnancy, as the risk to the baby is several times higher with seizures, as compared to that with aeds.
3. Sodium valproate has the highest risk to the developing baby, and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
5. The lowest effective dose of aed should be used.
6. Try to use only a single anti-epileptic drug, if possible.
7. Folic acid vitamin supplements should be used in pregnancy.
8. The dose of anti-epileptic medication may have to be increased during the last three months of pregnancy.
9. Ct scan of the brain should be avoided, as far as possible, during pregnancy, as radiation exposure due to it may harm the baby.
10. Mri brain is reasonably safe for baby, especially after the first three months of pregnancy. So, if needed, it may be performed.