Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ThariniYour feedback matters!
I am 47 years old male. I have mouth ulcer from today morning. Threes days back one of my teeth is exctracted. Now I am using antibiotics and pain killers as medication. Please suggest the best medicine for mouth ulcer, urgent please.
I want to know if there is no gap between teeth then the extraction is important during braces treatment please suggest me.
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.
I am 26 year old man, I have some dental problems, it pains when I eat hot or cold foods, pls guide me what should I do now to avoid this?
I am 25 my teeth's are on yellow color can you tell me how to get white teeth's naturally, thanking you sir/madam.
I have done oral cancer surgery in my right upper jaw. Removed. I am not able to open my mouth adequately. It is only 2.4 CMS open. One finger measure. What to do open the mouth fully i.e three fingers breadth?
I am a 21 year old girl. I have the problem of mouth ulcers which is not very severe but occurs frequently. I have this problem since childhood and is hereditary from my grand mother (father's mother. Will there be any further complications. The only mode of treatment that I opted till today is of vitamin B complex. Shall I do any further check up?
Hie doctor I'm 23 years old. One of my teeth is getting loose (down side 3rd one from middle side}. I don't want to replace nor I want keep cap r something. So how shud it get stronger n healthier naturally.
I was 14 year old then the yellow spot on my upper front 4 teeth I had treatment from many doctors but the spot is not go away so please suggest me what should I do?
Hello doctor my name is ajeet tiwari I am 30 year old man I have teeth cavity since last two year tell me what should I do.
Stained or yellow teeth are very common and may persist for a long time despite proper brushing, because of certain habits such as drinking tea, coffee or smoking frequently. The good thing is you can get rid of yellow teeth naturally.
Here are 5 easy ways:
1. Use a scrub made of strawberry, baking soda and salt.
Enriched with vitamin C, strawberries helpin the breakdown of plaque, resulting in whiter teeth. Moreover, the presence of an enzyme known as malic acid in strawberries, make them natural teeth stain removers. The salt generally performs the function of the scrub to remove the gunk that causes stain.
Directions: Mix 2/3 large strawberries (mashed) with ½ teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of sea salt. Use a paper towel to dry your teeth and apply the mixture on them with a toothbrush. Leave on for about 5 minutes and then rinse your mouth with water. Repeat every night.
2. Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda
Being mildly abrasive, baking soda acts as an effective scrub and eliminator of stains from your teeth’s surface. Lemon juice is known to have natural bleaching properties, which make the mixture perfect for giving you sparkling teeth.
Directions: Make a paste using few teaspoons of baking soda and the requisite amount of lemon juice. Ensure that your teeth are free from saliva and then use a toothbrush to apply the paste on your teeth. Rinse your teeth properly with water after a minute.
3. Use coconut oil to rinse your mouth
Coconut oil contains lauric acid,which helps get rid of bacteria present in plaque, the ones that are responsible for the yellowing of teeth. Elimination of the bacteria will remove plaque and give you whiter teeth.
Directions: Swish 1 tablespoon of coconut oil through and around your teeth. Continue for 10-15 minutes and then spit it out. Use water to rinse your mouth and then brush your teeth. Repeat every morning for visible results within a few days.
4. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on your regular toothpaste
Sea salt is known for its exceptional cleansing and exfoliating properties, which makes it a highly effective remedy to curb yellowness or discolouration of teeth.
Directions: Top your regular toothpaste with a pinch of salt before brushing. Alternatively, you can also brush your teeth only with salt once every week to get whiter teeth.
5. Brush your teeth with a neemstick
Neem bark is considered to be an elixir of oral health due to its anti-microbial properties. In fact, neem has been used for cleaning teeth in India since ancient times.
Directions: Soak the tip of a neem stick in water overnight. Take out the topmost woody layer of the stick in the morning. Brush your stick using this stick and rinse your mouth with water afterwards.
CAUTION: However, these are not permanent cures and plaque build-up can recur due to your eating and drinking habits. For a long lasting cure, you could go for a professional teeth-whitening session at a dentist’s clinic.