Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ThanikachalamYour feedback matters!
Black head and oily skin long time ago and no face wash stop my oily skin too much kindly provide some effective suggestion.
I like long hair so much but my hair growth status is very poor and my hair is curly hairfall ,dandruff problems also I have sugest me something helpful.
I have flaky scalp and have small round shaped dandruffs stuck in my scalp how acne I get rid of the same.
My mom has burning sensation inside mouth in tongue also she feel difficulty in eating hot and little spicy food. Doctor give some vitamin b complex medicine n she has no allergy or any diseases from past this is first time happen and also color of lips turned little black. Plez suggest what to eat to give relief or to make it fine. She is 42 year.
I am a 25 years old from last 1.5 years my hairs falling continuously, I want know the reason and also how to control that hair falls. Please help me.
I am having hair problem. My hair is falling down everyday when I take bath. I do not understand why this problem is going on from 3 months. I need a consultant. Please help me.
To help indians keep their hair healthy, dermatologists recommend the following tips:
1. Wash hair once a week or every other week: this will help prevent build-up of hair care products, which can be drying to the hair.
2. Use conditioner: use conditioner every time you wash your hair. Be sure to coat the ends of the hair with conditioner, as the ends are the oldest and most fragile part of your hair.
3. Use a hot oil treatment twice a month: this adds additional moisture and elasticity to your hair.
4. Use a heat protecting product before styling: adding this to wet hair before styling will help minimize heat damage.
5. Use caution with relaxers: to minimize hair damage, always go to a professional hair stylist to ensure that the relaxer is applied safely. Touch-ups should only be done every two to three months and only to newly grown hair. Never apply relaxer to hair that has already been relaxed.
6. Use ceramic combs or irons to press hair: if you would like to press or thermally straighten your hair, use a ceramic comb or iron and only do so once a week. Use a straightening device with a dial to ensure the device is not too hot. Use the lowest possible temperature setting that gives you the style you want. A higher temperature may be necessary for thicker, coarser hair.
7. Make sure braids, cornrows or weaves are not too tight: if it hurts while your hair is being styled, ask the stylist to stop and redo it. Pain equals damage.
Reference: american academy of dermatology.
While combing your hair, tufts of hair coming out with your brush does not make up for a good sight. It is said that your hair adds to your personality. So, when you start experiencing hair thinning and hair fall, naturally it affects your look as well as confidence.
There are a number of ways by which you can combat hair thinning and subsequent hair fall. There are some regimens you need to follow:
- Have a healthy and balanced diet rich in nutrients and proteins. The antioxidants present in vegetables and fruits prevent hair fall.
- Drink lots of water as it will keep you hydrated. Staying hydrated is one of the best ways to tackle the menace that hair thinning is.
- You should get adequate rest each day. Lesser sleep hours are directly associated with malfunctioning of the hormones and a weakened immune system, both of which directly impact hair thinning and hair loss.
- Use a good herbal shampoo that is rich in organic substances and proteins and low in ‘paraben’ (group of preservatives present in cosmetic products, primarily shampoos) and sulphur content.
Some measures which you can adopt to prevent this condition are:
- Eggs are great for promoting thicker hair. You can either consume it or use the egg yolk directly on your scalp. Let the egg yolk on your hair for 30 minutes and then wash it off with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Olive oil adds to the health of your hair, acting as your home-based hair spa. Massage your hair with olive oil and leave it for 40 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. You can also use honey to make a concoction out of it.
- Avocado is a natural way to moisturize your hair and scalp. The fruit is rich in vitamin E, which thickens your tresses. You can also include avocado along with olive oil to make a thick hair paste. Apply it on your scalp and wash it off with a mild shampoo after 30 minutes.
- Castor Oil, which is available in any local medicine store, is the easiest way you can get thicker hair. It has Vitamin E which makes your hair and scalp healthy. You can mix castor oil with coconut oil to make it thicker. Use this concoction on your scalp to fight hair thinning as well as to get the lost shine back.
I have a pimple problem. How can I get out of this problem. My skin is oily and sensitive and too white. It leaves deep scar holes on my face. Please help.
I am 20 years old female and I am having dark circles under my eyes. There is no genetic problem as in my family no one has dark circles. What should I do?
I have dark spots on my lower lip like pigmentation and discoloration is there from last 6 years could you suggest me what is the solution, please suggest me some medicine also. Thank you.
Hello. I am 18 years old. And want to ask the main reason of hairfall. Bcz my hairs are very less now. I have tried everything even I have applied livon kinds of things but did not get any result.
I am 22 years old. Me suffering with full heat in my body by that boils are occurring under the elbows. What should I do to reduce that boils.
Iam 27 year old man, I have problem for hair fall. I want to re growth my hair. Can you please give this detail for me.
Any treatment for holes on the face if so mention and also any methods to go for it without damaging skin of face.
Dermal or skin fillers are natural or synthetic substances that are used to make a particular area on the face look plump, in other words 'fill' the skin produce younger looking, firmer, plumper skin. Usually used as injections, they plump up the skin just enough to make the wrinkle or the fine lines disappear. While Botox is also used as an injection, its intended use and area of use is different from fillers. Botox is most often used in the outer corners of the eyes and around the forehead.
Fillers are used in other areas mentioned below:
- The laugh lines or the nasolabial folds, lines that run from the nose to the mouth. Fillers can help smooth out the creases and add volume to this area.
- It can make the cheeks look fuller and provide a youthful appearance. Especially in the lower cheek areas, the fat pads shift constantly giving a hollowed out appearance. Fillers can be used in this area to produce younger appearance with fuller cheeks
- The undereye area, where there are depressions or hollows can produce a sagging, elderly look. Fillers used here can improve the appearance markedly
- Even out scars resulting from chicken pox or chronic acne
- Even out irregularities due to shifting fat pads, especially in the temple area or the lower cheek areas.
- Adding volume to thin lips, which again can make one appear old and aged
- Smoothing out vertical lines around the lip edges, which again produce an elderly appearance
These are some uses of dermal fillers. As mentioned, they can be natural or synthetic substances.
Natural fillers usually has hyaluronic acid and is usually effective immediately, but last for about 6 months to a year. In some people, subsequent filler injections produce effective results and the interval between injections may continue to increase. If you are
Synthetic ones on the other hand contain collagen or other similar chemicals, but can produce more long-lasting results. They can be semi-permanent or permanent.
When to use fillers: A great skin care regime can help delay the onset of ageing changes and also reduce the severity. However, despite it, after a certain stage, there would definitely be changes arising out of muscle movement, fat loss, chronic sun damage, ageing skin, etc. When these begin to bother you, then dermal fillers are a good option to consider.
However, a detailed discussion with your dermatologist including aspects of both should ensue. From the doctor's end, check for his skills, experience, technique used, testimonials and expenses. Discuss your skin type, risk tolerance, and potential side effects before choosing a treatment option. Once you opt for dermal fillers, the routine skin care with well tested products needs to continue, including aggressive care against sun damage.