Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thangam
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. ThangamYour feedback matters!
Hi. This is renu I am a 31 yes female. I have a back pain from last 2 years. I have taken so many treatment but I didn't get any response. Can you please help me out reg. This.
My father (52) suffering from knee pains any treatment to knee pain any tables or ointment please give advice to me.
I am 19 years old when I wake up from my sleep I have notice there iz pain in my back what would be the reason behind it or else its because of weakness.
I have been facing the back problem since last 2-3 months. The pain is bad that I can not even bend down to pick anything. I have been getting the regular massage and doing therapy but it is not working at all. I have stopped riding bike hoping this would reduce the pajn but it not working as well. Hope you could give me the best solution.
My legs always pains in frequent interval of the day. What should I have to do t O get rid of this problem.
Hello doctor, I used to have very thick volume of hair, but for few months suffering from hairfall and hairs volume is getting thinner from inside. So what should I do to retain thick volume of hair and what kind of shampoo should I use? Should I use conditioner after shampooing. Please get back to me soon. Thank u.
I was suffering from shin splints then I took rest, some anti-inflammatory medicines, pain gone and everything seems quite normal but as I start sprint work pain again come back. This whole scenario happened with me thrice. Now once again I took rest ,some tabs of calcium and vitamin d now there is again no pain. But I'm again very scared to resume my sprint work. Please tell me correct measures to cure this issue. Thanks.
While playing cricket I got damage to my knee. After MRI scanning it came to know that it was complete cronical ligament injury. But right now I have no pain. But sometimes that unstable feeling will come. So I can't run or jump. It happened exactly 3 years ago. Should I undergo acl reconstruction. Can I apply for police jobs? Please suggest me.
The knee is a very important joint of your body as it takes the majority of the body weight when you are standing up, walking or running. However, there may be many things you do daily which have been slowly reducing the capacity of your knees or damaging them. Some of the tips mentioned below reduce the unnecessary stress on your knees and prevent knee pain.
- Get the correct shoes and change them regularly: The shoes that you wear regularly determine your posture and thus how well your weight is distributed. If you have the wrong shoes or they have been worn out or have uneven soles after prolonged use, then the resulting imbalance could hurt your knees and cause problems.
- Wear protection: You could face serious down time or limitations in movement, if you don’t protect your knees while playing amateur sports or even during recreational sporting activities. Wear knee protection at all times if you think there is a risk of injury.
- Stretch before exercising: Always ensure your joints, especially your knee is warmed up so that it can take the impact shocks of exercises such as lifting weights or running. This will also help warm up your muscles and ensure an efficient, injury free work out.
- Lose weight: Excess weight over a prolonged period will make your knees weaker. Thus it is important to lose weight, without putting too much stress on the knees first so as to give them time to recover. Once your knees can take your weight without pain, you can go for heavier forms of exercise to enable even further weight loss.
- Swimming or walking: When running or heavy lifting seems to be taking a toll on your knees, then you can try to go for swimming and walking which will still be a good work outs without being too taxing on the knees.
- Try physical therapy or massages: You can take care of your knees with the help of massages and physical therapy. An injured tendon or cartilage tends to get injured regularly that can be corrected through physical therapy, yoga and massages.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!