Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ThangaduraiYour feedback matters!
Sir my daughter was 3 months old. Due to some infection in the lungs. She was not take breathing properly. She is in hospital from born. And on the oxygen. doctor said from bhopal that there was no solution for this. Only oxygen is the solution. Pls help me sir. I am very for you.
What, we do for good health. And whats kind of food we have to use at this summer time. If pimples are come on face what the way to make a clear skin.
I want to strengthen the immunity of my 2 years baby boy naturally. Can I pls know how! he fall ill frequently. Recently had typhoid. Now suffering from Cold&fever.
My baby is suffering with constipation please advise me what is the best solution for it. Her age is 20 months. We have consulted doctor's many times but no use.
Keep on giving a complete diet, milk, juice and common food to the child during dentition. Remember that the child did not sleep by keeping the milk bottle in his mouth. Keep the child neat and clean and stop him to eat soil. Massage with ice cube after tying it in cloth on the gums in the inflammation of the gums. Do not give more salty and sour things to eat. If the child has suffered from fever with cold and catarrh, checkup by a doctor and give treatment properly.
Sir, My son who is 2 months old he not doing potty (latrine) on regular basis since one month he has done potty only thrice with the help of medicines request for some good suggestion thanks.
My Child is of 3 years old He is having no hair at some portion of his head from the day he is born i.e. No hair growth from the scalp of the head What lotion or cream you suggest for it. Pls keep in mind that he is just 3 years Old.
My son is taking a lot of burps. He is absolutely okay. Motion habits eating habits all are perfect. He is doing it since last 10 days. Its like acid burps with a lot of sound. He is having fever with light cold. Pls guide me.
Hi! My sister gave a birth to baby boy on 14.8.17 after almost ten hours of birth baby passed his stool and thereafter for three consecutive days baby passed his stool twice or thrice times a day. To our surprise for the last 4 to 5 days baby is not passing stool at all though urinating normally. Even we gave formula milk two times a day (40 ml) and the baby has been on regular intervals of two hours breast feed too. It has become major concern for us why the baby is not passing stool.
As young children learn language skills, it's normal for them to have some difficulty saying words correctly. That's part of the learning process. Their speech skills develop over time. They master certain sounds and words at each age. By age 8, most children have learned how to master all word sounds.
But some children have speech sound disorders. This means they have trouble saying certain sounds and words past the expected age. This can make it hard to understand what a child is trying to say. Speech sound disorders include articulation disorder and phonological process disorder. Articulation disorder is a problem with making certain sounds, such as" sh" phonological process disorder is a pattern of sound mistakes, such as not pronouncing certain letters.
About articulation disorder
- Articulation disorder is the inability to form the certain word sounds correctly past a certain age. Word sounds may be dropped, added, distorted, or swapped. Keep in mind that some sound changes may be part of an accent, and are not speech errors. Signs of an articulation disorder can include:
- Leaving off sounds from words (example: saying" coo" instead of" school")
- Adding sounds to words (example: saying" puhlay" instead of" play")
- Distorting sounds in words (example: saying" thith" instead of" this")
- Swapping sounds in words (example: saying" wadio" instead of" radio")
About phonological process disorder
- Phonological process disorder is a regular pattern of certain word speech mistakes. The mistakes may be common in young children learning speech skills, but when they persist past a certain age, it may be a disorder. Signs of a phonological process disorder can include:
- Saying only one syllable in a word (example" bay" instead of" baby")
- Simplifying a word by repeating two syllables (example" baba" instead of" bottle")
- Leaving out a consonant sound (example" at" or" ba" instead of" bat")
- Changing certain consonant sounds (example" tat" instead of" cat")
Causes of speech sound disorders
- Often, there is no known cause for a speech sound disorder. But some speech sound errors may be caused by:
- Injury to the brain
- Intellectual or developmental disability
- Problems with hearing or hearing loss, such as a history of ear infections
- Physical abnormalities that affect speech, including cleft palate or cleft lip
- Disorders affecting the nerves involved in speech
Diagnosing speech sound disorders
First, your child's hearing should be checked. This is to make sure that he or she isn't simply hearing words and sounds incorrectly.
If hearing loss is ruled out, you may want to contact a speech-language pathologist. This is a speech expert who evaluates and treats children who are having problems with speech-language and communication.
By watching and listening to a child speak, the speech-language pathologist can determine whether the issues are part of normal growth and development or are a speech sound disorder. The pathologist will evaluate your child's speech and language skills, keeping in mind accents and dialect. Speech-language pathologists can also assess if a physical problem in the mouth is affecting your child's ability to speak.
Treating speech sound disorder
- The pathologist can then recommend a therapy plan to help your child overcome his or her disorder. Speech-language pathologists work with children to help them:
- Recognize and correct sounds that they are making wrong
- Learn how to correctly form their problem sound
- Practice saying certain words and making certain sounds
- The pathologist can also give you activities and strategies to help your child practice at home.
- If your child has a physical defect in the mouth, the pathologist can also refer your child to an ear, nose, throat doctor or orthodontist if needed.
A positive outlook
Early recognition and diagnosis of speech sound disorders can help children overcome speech problems. They can learn how to communicate well and comfortably.