Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Thamizh AzhaganYour feedback matters!
Teeth stains are a major inconvenience as a well as harmful for your teeth. Teeth stains can occur due to consuming certain foods and drinks. It can also be caused due to unhealthy lifestyle choices, such as not brushing teeth or flossing.
Here a few tips to how to prevent teeth stains. Read on more to find out all about them:
- Practicing healthy habits: It is a good idea to brush, or use a mouthwash after a having a meal. Keep in mind that the foods and drinks mentioned below can stain your teeth more than others. Coffee or tea, soda, red and white wine, grape or cranberry juice, blueberries, beets, soya sauce and tomato sauce cause teeth stains so while consuming them keep in mind to always brush floss or wash your mouth after consuming these.
- Drinking with a straw: Drinking with a straw keeps away the stains from your mouth as the liquid doesn't go near the visible front surfaces of the teeth.
- Brush, floss and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash: By brushing, flossing and rinsing with a mouthwash on a regular basis you reduce the growth of the bacteria called plaque. Plaque is sticky in nature and promotes the formation of teeth stains. By eradicating plaque you also prevent teeth stains.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned: Make sure to visit a dentist at least twice a year. Even while maintaining your teeth by regular brushing, flossing and mouthwash, getting your teeth professionally cleaned is beneficial and can help you guard against teeth stains.
- Using teeth whitening kits: At-home teeth whitening kits are available in local drugstores, which help in preventing teeth stains. They usually cause slight discomfort, which goes away in a few days' time.
- Professional tooth whitening: You can also get your teeth whitened by your dentist. In this procedure, the dentist applies a bleaching agent to your teeth after applying a rubber shield on your gums. This procedure usually takes a single or in some instances multiple visits to perform.
I'm problem with my bad breath and I used mouthwash for bad breath but not working at all so please give solution for that doctor.
I am male 31yrs. I have bleeding gums and they frequently bleed. One time I had fever and was given antibiotics. Surprisingly my bleeding stopped during that time. But now it has started again. Can you please suggest me any antibiotic toothpaste or mouthwash which can be purchased in INDIA. Betadine doesn't solve the issue. Thanks.
Yesterday I did root cleaning for my teeth. Today afternoon I can see visible stains again. I don't have any bad habits. I ate only rice, dosa, fruits and chyawanprash in between. Can someone tell me why I am getting stains this fast?
Hi now summer season is started and am I going to gym and my body is hot body so my body is getting too heat so daily morning am having badam gum but most of them saying that you should not have a badam gum daily because it will effect your emasculated. So just say me what I wanna do else give any suggestion to cool my body without any sideeffects.
Proper brushing takes at least two minutes — that's right, 120 seconds! Most adults do not come close to brushing that long. To get a feel for the time involved, try using a stopwatch. To properly brush your teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gumline, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration. Concentrate on thoroughly cleaning each section as follows:
B1 Tilt the brush at a 45° angle against the gumline and sweep or roll the brush away from the gumline
B2Gently brush the outside, inside and chewing surface of each tooth using short back-and-forth strokes.
B3Gently brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen breath.
Clean the outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the chewing surfaces
For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too
Frequency of brushing-
Studies have shown that brushing once a day in preschool settings, using a fluoride toothpaste will prevent cavities. Families should be encouraged to brush additional times at
home. Brushing before bedtime is especially important, in order to prevent plaque and food particles remaining in contact with the teeth throughout the night.
You should replace your toothbrush when it begins to show wear, or every three months, whichever comes first. It is also very important to change toothbrushes after you've had a cold, since the bristles can collect germs that can lead to reinfection.
Electric power brush-
PBRAn electric toothbrush is a toothbrush that uses electric power supplied usually by a battery to move the brush head rapidly, either oscillating side to side, or rotation-oscillation (where brush heads rotate in one direction and then the other).
ADVANTAGES OF AN ELECTRIC POWER BRUSH
7.Proven Long-Term Results
Flossing in addition to toothbrushing can reduce gingivitis and halitosis compared to toothbrushing alone.
FLOSDental floss is a bundle of thin filaments used to remove food and dental plaque from teeth. The floss is gently inserted between the teeth and scraped along the teeth sides, especially close to the gums or underneath them. Dental floss may be made of either plastic (nylon, PTFE or polyethylene) or silk, and can be flavored or unflavored, and waxed or unwaxed. An alternative tool to achieve the same effect is the interdental brush.
Advantages of flossing
ØProper flossing removes plaque and food particles in places where a toothbrush cannot reach- under the gum-line and between the teeth.
ØDaily flossing is recommended because plaque build-up can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
ØIt stimulates gums, polishes tooth surfaces, reduces gum bleeding and prevents gum disease.
Start with about 18 inches of floss, wind most of the floss around each middle finger, leaving an inch or two of floss to work with.
ØHold the floss tautly between your thumbs and index fingers, slide it gently up-and- down between your teeth.
ØGently curve the floss around the base of each tooth using a seesaw motion, making sure you go beneath the gum-line. Never snap or force the floss, as this may cut or bruise delicate gum tissue.
ØCurve the floss around the side of one tooth, forming a 'C' shape and rub the floss up and down to clean the tooth. Repeat the procedure in the opposite direction i.e. on the adjacent tooth.
ØUse clean sections of floss as you move from tooth to tooth.
ØTo remove the floss, use the same back-and-forth motion to bring the floss up and away from the teeth.
Floss holders are also available and can be used in the difficult to reach areas.
MWMouthwash or mouth rinse is a chemotherapeutic agent used as an effective home care system by the patient to enhance oral hygiene.
A mouthwash is a flavored liquid that people use to rinse out their mouths before or after brushing their teeth. Some individuals may also rinse with mouthwash between brushings, particularly after eating foods that may cause a person to have bad breath. Mouthwash typically emphasize the treatment and prevention of halitosis as one of the many benefits of mouthwash. Mouthwash can be effective at combating bad breath.
ØBacteria in the mouth can also cause foul-smelling breath. Many antiseptic mouthwash products claim to kill the germs that cause bad breath.
ØSome mouthwash products are designed to help heal sores or irritation after oral surgery.