Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Thamarai SelvanYour feedback matters!
My gums hurt whenever i chew food a lot. And the pain is unbearable. I have been using sensodyne toothpaste rapid relief for more than a year. I also tried using rexidine m gel but the pain does not go. What do i do??
I am 38 old woman and I have pain in right side half head nick tongue cheek and shoulder and my tongue is red from right side and I face every time pain.
I am suffering from a mouth ulcer about 4 days. But it is appeared frequently. How can I get relief from it?
Inside my mouth I feel dry and mainly after drinking beer at earlier night. Also feel some uneasy condition at stomach, but I don't feel much problem for that, by the way I drink only beer not high alcoholic drink. Also taking beer is not my regular habit, I take once in a week, and a quantity of max 1 liter. So, kindly suggest me what to do for my dried mouth.
I always suffer with mouth ulcers. When one comes to end another takes place. This happens from almost 2 months. Please help.
Mera teeth bahut kharab hain. Mera danth main paoria ho gia. Main metronidazoleDG Gel use karta but mujhe koi faida nahi mila. Kia karon. Pls help.
I am suffering from submicos fibrosis. Not able to open mouth properly. Is there any medicine for the same? Please advise.
Having sensation in upper side teeth while having hot or cold or sweet stuff. How to get rid of this?
Hi Doctor, I need help, 20 yers back root canal was done front tooth up 1, now problem is bottom one 3 down one got effected, 1 week I suffered with pain after taking antibiotics it has reduced, Now doctor is saying it has cyst, my question is can we reduce with medicine, I go for root canal and cap also, present doctor said that I have to put other 3 caps beside the infected tooth is it needed? I thought that infected tooth will be root canaled, and cap. Could please suggest me Regards shaym.
I am 27 year old male, having disorder of lower jaw. Planing to dental treatment. Is there any impact on health at this time. Please share details of time taking for treatment, cost of it for type of braces.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.