Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tanuja Tiwari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tanuja TiwariYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old female I got married 2 years before and now we r planning for baby. My husband is of 28 years old and he is working in oil field. LMP: 8th july 2017 ,as we are planning for baby we intimated 22nd of july to 28th of july with 1to 2 day gap. But this month 10th I got periods .previously we did all the check ups including semen examinations and all blood test and scanning. What we should do next.
Hello, I am 8 month pregnant woman and is suffering from severe pregnancy acne and dandruff, is it safe to use alum for the treatment? Please advice.
I am 36 years age married 9 years no children I had conceived natural in 2007 but mis- carry on 3rd month. I had endometriosis chocolate cyst for both ovaries and in 2013 I went to IVF with donor egg but it also mis-carry on 2nd month. At present I have chocolate cyst and focal adenomyosis at present shall I go to IVF treatment with donor egg. If I went it will have growth inside? Can it will be successfully for 9 months or any mis-carry occur. Please suggest me.
Hello mam/sir, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend before a week note:- I did not loosed my sperm inside her yesterday i.e after 7 days we went to eat food in the fast food center ate Naans in night she had stomach ache to the left side and severe vomiting are they symptoms of getting pregnant? Please provide me the complete information regarding this issue. than.
Emphysema is a breathing disorder that has no cure and worsens with time. The symptoms of emphysema - a feeling of tightness in the chest, persistent cough, wheezing and breathlessness – are caused due to destroyed or impaired functioning of lung tissue.
A thorough physical examination which would include weight and blood pressure checks would be performed. The doctor would also listen to the heartbeat to determine if it sounds strange or different.
In addition to checking for the signs and symptoms of emphysema, a physical examination would also help the doctor in determining the following:
- Whether the fingertips are rounded. This condition is also known as “clubbing”.
- Whether you have a rounded or “barrel chest” which is caused by lungs that are larger than normal.
- If the lips have a blue tinge also known as cyanosis, which is a sign of low levels of oxygen in the blood.
- Signs of malnutrition as in advanced cases of emphysema the muscles slowly waste away.
Tests For Emphysema
A doctor would recommend additional tests to confirm his diagnosis of this lung condition. Some of the tests are:
- Pulmonary Function Tests or PFTs and spirometry tests would be advised to measure the volume and capacity of the lungs.
- A chest X-ray is useful to diagnose advanced emphysema as the lungs appear larger than normal in patients with this condition.
- A CT scan of the chest will show the air sacs or alveoli have been destroyed.
- The blood test report of patients with emphysema would show a high amount of red blood cells. The production of red blood cells in the body increases due to the reduced levels of oxygen.
- A pulse oximetry test also known as an oxygen saturation test could be done to measure the amount of oxygen in the blood. A monitor would be attached to the patient’s forehead, finger or earlobe to carry out this test.
- An arterial blood gas test is usually performed on patients as their condition worsens. It measures the amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood.
- An electrocardiogram or ECG might be advised to rule out condition such as heart disease as a cause of shortness of breath.
Management and Treatment
There is no known cure for emphysema and the condition can worsen with time. Treatment will slow the speed of decline and will depend on the severity of the condition when diagnosed. Some treatment options are:
- Quit smoking to protect your lungs.
- Bronchodilator medications used to treat asthma are useful in relaxing the muscles around the airways.
- Anti-inflammatory medications reduce inflammation around the airways.
- Oxygen therapy is recommended to patients when they are not able to breathe enough oxygen from the air.
- In some severe cases, lung volume reduction surgery might be advised to relieve pressure on the muscles required for breathing and to improve the elasticity of the lungs.
Keeping your home clean and free of dust and pollutants will help to prevent respiratory infections and disorders such as emphysema. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!