Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Tamil Selvan VYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 year old boy. I am good at everything but my teeths are not that white that it should be. They are not fully yellow, but a little yellowish.
Sir I have problems with my teeth. When I eat something even slightly hard I can't chew it properly because while closing my jaw there is pain in my teeth. Pls advice what to do.
I do brush regularly. But my teeth are getting a black scaling in the root of the teeth. What is the reason and what is the solution? Sir, tell me please.
My wife is pregnant for 4 months and she have a dental problem the dentist says to go for xray of teeth but one of my friend says that xray is not safe in pregnancy, please help me out.
I am a 35 years old female and for last 1 week i have mouth infection, what should I do? Please advise.
Sir I brush my teeth regularly I will take 10 min to brush my teeth but there is the smell in my mouth I tried every toothpaste but after brush my teeth after 1 hr there is the smell I don't eat any tobacco wine nothing even tea also please help me.
When I ate any sweet very bad smell is coming from my mouth. How it can be cured please suggest anything.
I have a root canal where treatment has taken place pus has reappeared doctor prescribed mox650 pain though reduced still exist tired of antibiotics if you can help with a homeopathy substitute root canal can not be opened again pus needs to dry internally pain is worse on sleeping homeopathy to dry puss inflammation and pain reduced after antibiotics.
Tarter deposited again and again in spite of scaling done two three times. Please suggest what to do?
I want to change my front tooth which is half gone. Just suggest me to what kind of tooth I have to look out for.
I am 25 years old. And I have problem of my teeth. My teeth smells a lot I do brush 2 time In a day. But still I smells bad. Help me.
Recently when I was brushing my teeth I saw that my lips lower part skin turn into white ish dots, the color is white and is spreading to my upper lip. Please help me.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.