Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tamil RajanYour feedback matters!
I have black spot in my face l used cream but no changes my face how used to cream that my pimple clear.
I have sensitivity teeth problem. In rainy and winter season it increases When I wash mouth after eating sweet teeth sensitive problem occurs What should I do? Which toothpaste I have to use?
I am having pimple on my nose since 2 months. Now from like 20 days it has split into two. Its looking really soft. I do not think it will go easily. I apply Persol forte cream on that. I usually get pimples on my face. Please give me some preventive measures?
I have back pain and I consult an orthopedic in MRI report L4-5 disc degenerated I have leg pain also doctor suggested surgery. Is any problem with surgery in future.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you help me with this?
I am a fast bowler of our team. I bowled very fast. But now a days my bowling is not as fast as before. how to get fit and increase stamina . What should I do?
I get caught by Cold and Cough every now and then. And mostly the Sneezes. Back to Back Sneezes are pain for me. What might be the Cause? Can you help me out here?
I'm suffering from back pain from last 3 year, my age is 25, after many treatment I'm not getting relief.
I have a back pain from 2-3 days, and its so pain ful that I cant walk now after sitting 5-10mins, its realy bad bcoz I m just 16yrs old so can you suggest me the medicine and y did this problem happen.
Hi I'm a male I have pimples and spots on my face and rashes too please tel me wat should I do or wat should I apply please tel me please help me.
I use computer a lot, I dont know but these days I look very pale and my large dark circles are forming around eyes, so please help me, how to reduce them and energytic.
There are many myths about diabetes, especially related to what you can eat and what you can’t. Lots of people think that diabetics shouldn’t eat sweets at all. This is not true. Similarly, all carbs and fats are not bad. A high protein diet is also not required and there are no special diabetic meals. So, what should you as a diabetic, eat to combat diabetes? Read on to find out:
- Low glycemic index foods: Complex carbs are best for you as they limit the amount of sugar released into your blood stream and are digested more slowly and prevent your body from releasing too much insulin. These are also called low GI foods as well as slow-release carbs and are also high in fibre. Processed carbs like white bread, pasta, and rice, as well as sodas, packaged meals, and snacks must be junked. These are all called high glycemic index (GI) foods and spike your blood sugar.
- Manage sugar wisely: Diabetes doesn’t mean that you can’t eat sugar or desserts. It means you have to be smart with sugar, like
- Take smaller servings of your favourite desserts as they are best eaten in moderation.
- Reduce the sugar in your diet slowly rather than at once. This will give your taste buds some time to adjust, reducing sugar cravings.
- If you want to eat dessert, hold back on carbs in a meal. Balance out meals so that you don’t eat too many carb-heavy foods.
- Add some healthy fat to your diet, as it slows down the digestive process, which means that your blood sugar levels don’t spike as quickly.
- Eat sweets along with a meal and not alone: Sweets eaten alone can spike your blood sugar levels a lot.
- Don’t drink alcohol: Alcohol is full of calories and carbs and cocktails are loaded with sugar. Alcohol can interfere with diabetes medication and insulin, as well.
- Avoid junk, soft drinks, soda and juices: They are all packed with sugar.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods: These are loaded with hidden sugars. Eat food cooked at home.
- Remember high protein diets are not always good: Studies have shown that if you eat too much protein, especially animal protein, you may become insulin resistant. A healthy diet for diabetics includes protein, carbohydrates, and fats for the body to function properly.
- Eat more of these
- Healthy fats found in raw nuts, olive oil, fish oils, and flax seeds.
- Also eat more fruits and vegetables. Avoid juices.
- Eat more high fibre cereals.
- And avoid foods like
- Trans fats which means all deep-fried foods
- Fast foods, especially cakes, pastries, and chips
- Red meat
Remember, your overall eating patterns are very important. It’s also important to eat at regular intervals and avoid missing meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.