Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Tamil Chelvan

General Physician, Chennai

200 at clinic
Dr. Tamil Chelvan General Physician, Chennai
200 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Tamil Chelvan
Dr. Tamil Chelvan is a trusted General Physician in Adambakkam, Chennai. He is currently practising at G R Hospital in Adambakkam, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Tamil Chelvan on has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

G R Hospital

Plot No 126 , City Link Road, NGO Colony,Adambakkam,Landmark: Near N G O Colony Bus Stop, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
200 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Tamil Chelvan

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am not feeling well what can i do..i have a huge headache pkease tell me something

MBBS, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Delhi
Take crocin pain relief one sos. get your BP checked. get your eye sight checked. take rest and balanced diet. consult if not ok.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I am 21 year old. I am suffering from minor fracture in right side leg. So I want to know that doctors said to me 1 month bed rest but its minor I want clear time for bed rest.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Keep your leg raised while sitting or lying quadriceps strengthening exercises- quad clenches: lie flat on your back or sit upright on a chair with leg kept horizontally on another surface. Now, tighten the muscle on the front of the thigh by pushing your knee down. You should feel your thigh muscles clench, hold for 3 secs. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Short arcs: lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight leg raise: lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 38 year old business man. I have migraine problem in weekly 2 to 3 times. Please suggest remedy for this problem.

General Physician, Delhi
You might be taking medications to relieve the pain but there are medications to reduce the frquency and duration of migraine attacks such as bcap plus or so I think you might be aware. You should visit a physcian. It will be very helpful to you sir your migraine attacks can be reduced thanks for asking.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

1 am 18 year old and I started masturbation from the age of 12 years of age but now I am facing with sexual weakness and I faced with low erection and semen also please suggest me what I do to recover from it.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear Lybrate user. I can understand. MASTURBATION is normal, natural and never unhealthy. Even animals do masturbate. As a human being, you are also an animal. Every animal has sexual instinct because they are designed to reproduce. Human being also has sexual instinct and therefore he needs to satisfy sexual instinct. Therefore, to satisfy sexual instinct, a man or woman, masturbates. In any case, masturbation is never unhealthy or will never affect your physical or sexual health or it cannot affect your future sex life and the ability to have children. Masturbation cannot affect your growth or cause pimples or cause hair fall or cause shrinkage of penis or loss of vital nutrients or cause problems in testis size or colour etc. Masturbation cannot increase your belly fat or cause obesity. You should try to reduce the masturbation frequency to thrice a week and continue masturbation. You can be sure; there are no side effects to masturbation if you are able to restrict it to thrice a week. Jogging and physical exercise are always good to keep you fit and stop worrying about sex and allied thinking. I suggest online sex counseling and therapy. Take care.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from dryness skin will be every time itching so I might very disturbing will you give me suggestion for that?

MD - Dermatology, DNB (Dermatology)
Dermatologist, Ahmedabad
Hello skin dryness can be due to various reasons like using harsh soap n cleansers, nutritional deficiency like vitamin a n vitamin e, excessive usage of cosmetics, weather change. Kindly take care of following point: 1. Avoid using cosmetics n home made face packs 2. Avoid washing face excessively. Use skin friendly cleansers with minimal detergent. 3. Apply moisturisers regularly.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had unprotected sex post my lmp. What is the earliest I can take a hpt. What are the chances I can get pregnant. I have one baby and last month did a sonography and all my reports were normal. I fee bloated and slight cramps at nights.

If you have reg cycle, rare chance of preg within 10 days post mp. Pill-72 avalable otc can be taken within 48-72 hrs unprotected coitus.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from sugar suggested me some better meal for daily routine and exercise as soon as possible and I hsve blood pressure also for bp I take less amount of salt.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Trivandrum
Hello sir. As you did not mentioned the blood sugar value & blood pressure. For blood sugar have 1 full spoon turmeric and 1 full spoon amalaki (gooseberry) choorna paste (add some water) at early morning on empty stomach daily. Drink coconut shell boiled water. For blood pressure reduce salt, deep fried, tinned food items. Drink milk boiled with crushed garlic (5-6 in no) empty stomach early morning, consult with an ayurvedic physician for the same.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 years old men I am facing jaundice. Total bilirubin 2.1 and direct bilirubin 0.4 and indirect bilirubin to control bilirubin and are you provide medicine.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.Take Bland diet, Avoid spicy, oily and fatty food like oil, ghee, butter, cream. He should have soft, easily digestible foods like suji, dhalia,porridge, curd rice. 2.Drink plenty of water, Take resh fruit like orange, apple,pineapple, grape, papaya, mango. Fruit juice, sugar cane juice ,coconut water. Have plenty of green leafy vegetables 3.Take adequate rest at least for 2 week 4.Take Liv 52 2 tablet twice daily after food 5. Monitor your LFT for serum Bilirubin 6.consult Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist for advice and treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having severe headache when using laptop are there any solution for the same?

Master in Psychology, MD - Ayurveda, Dems, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
It may be due to weakness of eye muscles or low visual acuity. Take nutrient diet. Sleep well and do regular eye exercises. You may start with ayurvedic eye drops.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctor help me I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?

General Physician, Mumbai
For fever take tablet paracetamol 650 mg and eat nutritious food and have adequate fluid intake and take physical rest.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have 1 year stomach problem. I found the food not to eat. Acidity problem is very high. My health is very weak .all time acidity and vomiting problem. Pls help me.

Homeopath, Greater Noida
U have to take proper and regular treatment in homoeopathy. Some medicine as ipecac 200 and aloes 30 has good result in such cases and tell ur proper case history as how it started whether you have any other disease in present or in past or any type of addiction and drink plenty of water
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 60 year old male. From last 10 days my right heel is paining. Whenever I stand up, I feel pain at the bottom of my heel. Please advice.

Podiatrist, Mumbai
Dear sir, if this pain is severe with the first step in the morning and gradually reduce after walking a few step, then you might be suffering from plantar fasciitis, with a spur may be. 1. Apply cold pack, 15 min wrapped in cotton bag or handkerchief, for 3-4 times. 2. If you are going for walks, take a break for few days. 3. Don't walk bear feet in the house or outside. 4. There are few stretching and exercise that can help in reducing the pain. 5. If you have foot alignment issue or any other condition then using corrective orthotics and footwear can help. For further help, you can write to me personally.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Mere dost Jo police department mai karyarat hai unko bp problem hai or sciatica hai please help him.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi, Take Rauvolfia 1x, 2 tabs daily morning empty stomach. Drink plenty of liquids and cut down your fat, salt and sugar intake. go for a morning walk daily at least for 30 minutes. Take a sound sleep and try to avoid anger. Revert after 15 days with feedback. **please mention more symptoms of sciatica pain.***
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Last 2 days se muh me kafi jyada chhale (ulcer) ho rahe hain muh bilkul paka hua h even paani bhi lag raha hai poori tounge red h sides se bhi red hai ek dam tounge me bilkul chote chote red daane bhi h Muh k andar ki taraf tounge ke piche ka part bhi paka hua. Ye sab hone se 3 din pehle tk acidity bn rhi thi. Fir ek hi raat me muh ek dam pak gya please koi efective medicine bataye please Na hi kuch khaya ja rha h na hi piya ja rha h Thanx.

BDS, CDE Endo-Prostho, CDE - Cast Partial & Complete Dentures
Dentist, Pune
Hello, you can apply baking soda over it or do baking soda in water mouth rinses. This will help to heal ulcers. If they still persist, you need to consult a physician and get your Vitamin B level checked. If required, take supplements for it.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I am suffering from fever from 2 days I can't eat anything along with the fever I am also suffering from cold also and some times headache also please suggest me something to do.

Ayurveda, Ambala
Dear, in case of fever * take full rest & do not do any work at all. *drink only luke warm water all the day. * cover your whole body so that it cause sweating and lower down fever fast. *do not take any antibiotic without consulting physician. * take 5 leaves of tulsi and small piece of ginger. Crush them & boil in a glass of waterfor 2-3 minutes. Drink it twice a day to treat the fever. * if the fever do not lower down after taking crocin, then put the cloth/ bandage soaked in tap water and put on forehead and change it after 2-3 minutes. Do that until the temprature lower down. Do not use ice cold water for this. *eat only light and easy digested food only. Avoid fried foods, meat, eggs, cheese. *if the fever do not lower down even after 3 days, then go to nearest hospital and test the blood for malaria, typhoid, dengue and viral fever only under the guidance of doctor. Avoid from sudden change in temperature. Do not stay in air condition, wear full sleeve clothes and cover your body on rest.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Some times I have pain in opposite side of heart. So what I do? Please give me somesuggestion.

General Physician, Gurgaon
This pain may be due to 1.acidity. 2. severe anxiety 3. muscular problem Local application of Volini gel 1% twice a day for 2-3 day Consult Physician/me for Further Management
8 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from solar plexus. It is often and very frequent. Can anyone advice me.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
solar plexus Plexus (from the Latin for ‘braid’) is the name used to describe a network of nerves; a ‘spaghetti junction’ which many nerves pass through and where their branches split off to merge with those of others. A plexus such as this one, where most of the nerves belong to the autonomic nervous system, also embeds relay stations — the ganglia where sympathetic nerve fibres coming from the spinal cord relay at synapses with the post-ganglionic nerves that then proceed to their destination on smooth muscles or glands.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 68 years and live in Chandigarh. I am on Thyronorm , medicine for High Blood pressure and all in control,Chlosteraol medicine and in control. I also take Fludec 20 as antidepressant for 20 years now. Every thing is in control. There is weight gain inspite of controlled TSH. Off late I am having pain in the nipples on the chest. On both the nipples there is piercing pain shich goes deep when pressed. I got the chest XRay done and it is OK My ECG is OK. These 2 tests don 2 days back. Kindly advice. I will be happy to hear from you. Thanks.

General Physician (AM)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Chandigarh
You may be referred for a mammogram or breast ultrasound. You may have a breast infection, cysts or fibroadenomas - all of which can be treated. Remember that breast cancer usually does not cause sharp breast pain, but if you find a breast lump and it is painful, get it checked out and treated, another reason could be your pain is related to high stress levels or too much water retention . Try (Biochemic) Calc Four ,Kali dich,Kali Ars, Mag Sulph all in 12x potency. 3 pills each 3 times a day for sometime.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is suffering from Systemic lupus erythematosus disease (SLE). What is cure of it?

General Physician, Nashik
There is currently no cure for systemic lupus erythematosus (sle), but treatments that can ease the symptoms. Treatments may include: anti-inflammatory medications for joint pain and stiffness. Steroid creams for rashes. Corticosteroids of varying doses to minimize the immune response. Antimalarial drugs for skin and joint problems.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25 yrs girl suffering from severe pain in neck, shoulder upper back and chest pain. Please suggest me asap.

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Kindly show me a photograph of the affected part. Rule out diabetes & vit. D deficiency or any other metabolic disorder. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. Spring beds, folding beds or thick matress are harmful use no pillow under the head. Do hot fomantation. Paracetamol 250mg od & sos x 5days. Caldikind plus 1tab od x10. Do neck, back & general exercises. It may have to be further investigated. You will need other supportive medicines also. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take. If it does not give relief in 4-5days, contact me again. Do not ignore. It could be beginning of a serious problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed