Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tajel Poorni BharathYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from teeth problem. Their is a gap created in my molar teeth. Also one of my my teeth is pains a lot. My teeth are occupied by yellow colour for the most part.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?
I have a teeth problem, 5 years ago I had lost my tooth, there will be any problem in future? I am with out tooth now.
I have a long tooth, misplaced, is filing possible in a short time? If Yes, the cost can assess how much?
Hi doctor. I have problem of bleeding from teeth gums! what to do for this? any vitamin tablets? cleaned and using mouthwash too!
Hello sir my name is Dinesh dhakad I have yellow teeth problem last two months I am 23 year old boy what should I do please tell me doctor.
I do brush regularly. But my teeth are getting a black scaling in the root of the teeth. What is the reason and what is the solution? Sir, tell me please.
I am 24 years old and having health related issue. I frequently get ulcers in mouth when I eat heavy food or banana shake etc. My diet is very low making me unhealthy. What medicines or precautions should I take to be healthy. My friend suggest me to take cobadex tablet but I am not sure about it.
My tongue has white spot surrounded by red area. It's been over a week now. They appear one at a time or once they heal another area of the tongue become like that. It's burning a lot whenever that area touches my teeth. The spots are smaller in size.
I have a cavity from past 10 yrs have taken treatment before 2 yrs but there is no use . Still i have cavity in my 2 tooth. So please suggest me
-- massage the gum pads of your infants during teething, as it will help the smooth eruption of the teeth without irritation.(as massaging will increase the blood flow in the area).
--once your baby gets teeth, brush them with an infant toothbrush. Use water and a tiny bit of fluoride toothpaste (about the size of a grain of rice). You can use fluoride or non fluoride toothpaste (mind it keep the size of toothpaste about the size of rice grain because you still want to minimize any toothpaste that is swallowed.)
--around age 2, your child should learn to spit while brushing. Avoid giving your child water to swish and spit because this might make swallowing toothpaste more likely.
--kids ages 3 and up should use only a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste.
--always supervise kids younger than 6 while brushing, as they are more likely to swallow toothpaste.