Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. T VijayYour feedback matters!
Doctor, About 5months ago I had a surgery on my head and the find it is a tumor (Menengomia. Due to complication they removed 65%of it balance 35%still in my left eye side. It was major surgery which took so many hours then bleeding come they stopped. It is done in Bangalore. My next check up is on august. Now still I am not okay. Now I feel while walking I am not getting a balance I feel. But I am not falling down or any thing. And my left eye was closed for a long period now it is opened because of medical. But still not okay. Now while I am touching my head I feel all brain is coming up like. And still from left portion of my face is still no sensation. So can you tell me the result of this. Reply please give me advice?
My mum has meningioma at left side of the brain, is this carcinogenic? And does it need a surgery to get cured?
Sir mujhe sardi hai last 1 year se, bahut jyada cough ata hai muh mein, main jyada ice cream bhi nahe khata hu, please advice.
My father have Paralysis in full Right side of the body after the brain struck from last 1 month 20 days. Now he hace slurred speech and short time memory loss. Physiotherapy is going daily. Please suggest How we can treat for paralysis.
What are causes for getting brain tumor in human beings and how to control that? How can we solve that problem.
I am a 24er male. I had been suffering from nerve problem for 17 months. My right leg paralyzed. At first I had suffered from malengaitic malaria. Now what Can I do? Where is the best treatment for me?
I have a major problem that m unable to wakeup at early morning daily I wakeup at 9 am or after 9 am there is excess of lethargyness in my body if I unable to wakeup in early morn how to do morning walk and exercise when I wakeup at 6 am forcedly means someone force me for wakeup my whole day disturbs m feeling excess of headache and finally sleep 4-5 hrs in noon m unable to do any work feeling depressed and irritated due to this while I sleep at 11: 30 on or at 12noon in night wht to do for sleep disorder please do not tell me do exercise wakeup morn my problem is only 1 unable to control my sleep if I wakeup in early morn then I do something please try to understand this prob is it sleep apnea or major sleep disorder suffer from hypothyroidism this sleep prob I suffer from appx childhood that time I have no work so no prob this time heavy work load so too much prob is their any treatment pill to control my sleep please guide me.
I, at times, forget the name of a person I very well know. Like in a party I want to introduce to my wife someone whom I know. I feel at a loss to find that the name of the person whom I want to introduce does not come to my mind. Like forgetting the name of a film actor while watching a film on the TV screen. Otherwise I have a sharp memory. I can mentally multiply or add/subtract numbers, do other calculations. Like I buy something. Before the shopkeeper calculates the amount I readily come out with the figure. Being a lawyer I can remember judgments and the ratios drawn from the judgments. But I forget the names. GENERALLY BAD IN REMEMBERING NAMES. Is it the onset of dementia like Alzheimer's?
Natural home remedies for Insomnia
Insomnia can become a real nightmare as the clock ticks on into the night and you ’re awake to notice. Try these natural approaches to help you get some rest
Before- bed bites
• Have a slice of turkey or chicken , or a banana before heading to bed . These foods contain tryptophan , an amino acid that ’s used to make serotonin . And serotonin is a brain chemical that helps you sleep .
• Carbohydrates help trytophan enter the brain. Try a glass of warm milk (milk contains tryptophan ) and a cookie , or warm milk with a spoonful of honey .
• Avoid big meals late in the evening. You need three to four hours to digest a big meal.
• Spicy or sugary food, even at suppertime , is usually a bad idea. Spices can irritate your stomach , and when it tosses and turns, so will you . Having a lot of sugary food—especially chocolate, which contains caffeine— can make you feel jumpy .
Call on herbs for help
• Valerian helps people fall asleep faster without the “ hangover ” affect of some sleeping pills. It binds to the same receptors in the brain that tranquilizers such as diazepam bind to . Take two capsules of valerian root an hour before bed .
• Take 4 , 000 to 8, 000 milligrams of dried passionflower capsules . Passionflower is widely used as a mild herbal sedative .
Smell your way to sleep
• Lavender has a reputation as a mild tranquilizer . Simply dab a bit of the oil onto your temples and forehead before you hit the pillow . The aroma should help send you off to sleep .
• Put a drop of jasmine essential oil on each wrist just before you go to bed . In studies conducted at Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia, researchers discovered that
people who spent the night in jasmine -scented rooms slept more peacefully than people who stayed in unscented—or even lavender-scented— rooms .
• Try a soothing aromatic bath before bedtime. Add 5 drops lavender oil and 3 drops ylang- ylang oil to warm bathwater and enjoy a nice soak .
Be a slave to schedule
• Wake up at the same time each day, no matter how little sleep you got the night before. On weekends, follow the same schedule, so your body adheres to the same pattern all week long . You ’ll fall asleep faster.
• Every morning , go for a walk . It doesn ’t have to be a long walk, but it should definitely be outdoors. The presence of natural light (even if the day is overcast ) tells your groggy body it’ s time to wake up for the day. With your body clock set by the great outdoors, you ’ll sleep better at night .
• Try not to nap during the day, no matter how tired you feel. People who don’ t have insomnia often benefit from a short afternoon nap. However , if you ’ re napping in daytime only to turn into a wide -eyed zombie at night , there’ s a good chance that that afternoon snooze is disrupting your body clock.
• Once you get into bed , imagine your feet becoming heavy and numb . Feel them sinking into the mattress . Then do the same with your calves, and slowly work your way up your body, letting it all grow heavy and relaxed . The idea is to let yourself go, in gradual phases .
• If you’ re still awake after this progressive relaxation exercise, count sheep . The point is to occupy your mind with boring repetition , and , not to cast aspersions on sheep , there’ s nothing more boring or repetitive than counting a herd of them . Any repetitive counting activity will lull you .
• If you just can’t sleep , don’ t lie in bed worrying about it. That will only make sleep harder to attain. Get up, leave the bedroom , and grab a book or watch TV .
Prep your bedroom
• Turn your alarm clock so that you can’t see it from bed . If you ’ re glancing at the clock when you wake up— and it’s almost impossible not to —you ’ ll soon start wondering how you can function tomorrow on so little sleep tonight .
• Turn your thermostat down a few degrees before heading to bed . Most people sleep better when their surroundings are cool .
• If you share your bed , consider buying a queen - or king- size mattress so you don ’t keep one another up. Or consider sleeping in separate beds . ( Be sure to emphasize that your wish for separate beds is based on pragmatism rather than preference . )
Check the label
• Be cautious about taking an over - the -counter painkiller before bed . Some of them, like Excedrin , contain caffeine . Read the label first.
• Check labels of decongestants and cold remedies too. In addition to caffeine, they may contain ingredients , such as pseudoephedrine, that rev up your nervous system and leave you unable to fall asleep.
More " don ’ ts" for better dozing
• Avoid exercising within four hours of bedtime— it’s too stimulating. Instead , exercise in the morning or after work . An exception is yoga . A number of yoga postures are designed to calm your body and prepare you for sleep.
• Avoid caffeinated beverages, particularly within four hours of bedtime. Though people have varying ranges of sensitivity to caffeine, the stimulating effects can be long - lasting .
• Also avoid alcohol in the evenings. While a glass of sherry might help you fall asleep a bit faster than usual, the effects soon wear off , and you’ re more likely to wake up during the night .
• If you smoke within four hours of your bedtime, look no further for the cause of your insomnia . Nicotine stimulates the central nervous system, interfering with your ability to fall asleep and stay that way .
I have Acute Pain like migraine in head, Occipital area, Neck radiating to Shoulders since 4 months.
Female age 44 years ct scan report deviation of nasal septum to the left side, is concerned with Migraine all the symptoms she has as per your report. Kindly reply.
I am a 71 year old man, healthy, active and strong. When having sex with wife, I prolong to make her reach her climax as she has circumcised her clitoris and labia minor. It takes time. But in the bargain, my corona becomes numb PERHAPS and do not reach climax, in the end! Please tell me whether it could be from Prostate, or else?
Autism spectrum disorder (asd) and autism are both general terms for a group of complex disorders of brain development. It may range from mild to severe conditions. Initial period of life upto 2 years it is difficult to diagnose. Parents start noticing changes such as social interactions, non-responsive behaviour along with losing that little amount of speech. Autism appears to have its roots in very early brain development.
Asd can be associated with intellectual disability, difficulties in motor coordination, attention and physical health issues such as sleep and gastrointestinal disturbances. Some persons with asd excel in visual skills, music, math and art.
Most cases of autism appear to be caused by a combination of autism risk genes and environmental factors influencing early brain development.
Intake of some drugs, medicines during pregnancy
Modern living styles
Urban stress syndromes
35 plus aged mothers and sibling with asd are the risk factors
Exposure to environmental chemicals
Repeating certain behaviors or having unusual behaviors
Having overly focused interests, such as with moving objects or parts of objects
Having a lasting, intense interest in certain topics, such as numbers, details, or facts.
Getting upset by a slight change in a routine or being placed in a new or overly stimulating setting
Making little or inconsistent eye contact
Having a tendency to look at and listen to other people less often
Responding in an unusual way when others show anger, distress, or affection
Failing to, or being slow to, respond to someone calling their name or other verbal attempts to gain attention
Having difficulties with the back and forth of conversations
Often talking at length about a favorite subject without noticing that others are not interested or without giving others a chance to respond
Repeating words or phrases that they hear, a behavior called echolalia
Using words that seem odd, out of place, or have a special meaning known only to those familiar with that person’s way of communicating
Having facial expressions, movements, and gestures that do not match what is being said
Having an unusual tone of voice that may sound sing-song or flat and robot-like
Having trouble understanding another person’s point of view or being unable to predict or understand other people’s actions.
Extraordinary sensitiveness to light, noise, clothing, or temperature. They may also experience sleep problems, digestion problems, and irritability.
How to differentiate ADHD hyperactive kid:
1. Any difficulty in processing information.
2. Any difficulty in regulating emotions.
3. Does the kid struggle with issues like organizing, planning, prioritizing, paying attention and remembering details.
4. Any difficulty in taking judgments.
5. Any difficulty in concentration.
6. Age appropriate immaturity
How parents can help?
Constantly engage with the child.
Never leave your kid alone as this prevents the kids from learning new things.
Constantly stimulate the child ; talk, play, dance etc
Avoid all gadgets like phone, tabs etc.
For working mums only option would be prioritising the kids health. So the choice is yours how to go about this. Most of the mums do a mistake of work from home, which is not a supportive solution again, this also encourages kid to slip to his own world of tabs or phones etc.
Invite more people to home, this again gives them chance to interact, play, learn new things etc.
Do not focus just on specch at the same time overall stimulation is very important.
Take your kid out to parks or any social gathering, so that the kid learns how to socialise and socialising behaviours and mannerisms. So the meaning of whole exercise aims at training the mind to be constantly connected with outer world so that he can passively learn things.
Scope of homoeopathy
The scope of homoeopathy in autism is very high. It as a matter of fact poses a challenge to homeopaths themselves. It needs a hardcore-hahnemannian approach to get into the mind or the mental development of the individual and arrive at a remedy. Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine and it takes into consideration the constitutional picture (complete physical and mental make up of the child) along with the necessary details of the disease when prescribing. This particular method is followed, as no autistic child is similar to another, in terms of symptoms or behavior. This helps us to approximate the individual to a state of normalcy. Everyone has their own individual characteristic symptoms and the homeopathy treatment also targets the individual characteristic symptoms in every case.
The immune system and nervous system are closely interrelated to one another. The abnormal immune system disturbs the growth of the neural formation too. Homeopathic medicines do not merely act on any one particular organ of an individual, but has much more deeper and central action on the psycho-neuro-endocrinological (mind-nerve-hormone) and psycho-immunological (mind-immune system) axis. It works well to correct the accentuated state of sensitivity. It also helps improve fine motor skills as well as perceptual difficulties.
During the course of the case taking, i.e, when the history of the individual is being studied, the mother’s history of reaction to vaccines during pregnancy, family medical history, behavior of the kid, thermal sensitivities, gestures and sleep postures form a part of the very detailed information. As the autistic child experiences stress, he responds with a reaction. This reaction becomes a symptom or a sign of characteristic importance. By fully perceiving the patient, one may learn to understand his/her reaction to a particular stress and triggers. It is only through such a deep understanding that a homeopath would be able to prescribe effectively.
From my personal experience, I have seen kids responding to the treatment on an average in around 6 months from the time medication was started, at the same time few show good improvement in generals like sleep, appetite etc only after an year. It took me 2-3 years to show effective results like eye-to-eye contact, toilet training (the first best sign), connecting sentences and expressing themselves, connecting to the external world. However, this would happen provided the patients take medicines continuously and religiously. During the course of the treatment, I always take a step-by-step approach, as follows:
- Analyzing the case
- Detoxifying the stronger medications taken before
- Detoxifying the vaccines, that may have harmful effects
Beyond any treatment the support from parents, neurodevelopmental therapies and behavioral therapies are a must.
- Rounds of speech, neuro-developmental and behavior therapies are most important
How follow up scoring is important:
Through every follow up with the homoeopath, the symptoms should be analysed by the parents and ratings given on a scale of 1-10 to each symptom, as compared to the condition previously. This again helps the physician and parents to further analyse and arrive at the best suitable remedy, meanwhile helps in better understanding for physician and parents about the follow up progress. The extent to which the cure can occur, has a great degree of variability associated with it. Homoeopathy not just helps in adhd, add or any psychiatric disorderes, it also helps the altered mind set like an internal counsellor - agiatated mind - restless sleep due to thoughts -learning difficulties -poor concentration - normalisng the disturbed mind due to recent depressions - for mind disorders which doesnt have any reason for existance -indifference from grief or disappointments - unrefreshed sleep - loss of sleep etc all medicines perfectly help in symptom basis thus no question of side effects for same.
Along with treatment, neuro-developmental and behaviour therapies is also necessary. Certain supplements are also to be used: vitamin c, magnesium, zinc and fish oil.
The unfortunate part is that none of the parents share a testimony of their child’s recovery from autism, due to societal reasons. This if done, would help other parents too, as it would help them gain confidence in helping their children fight autism and develop into strong individuals.
So, the bottom line is, yes, it is possible!
Traditional chinese medicine approaches autism, like all other disorders, as an energy imbalance that can be addressed by stimulating specific energy points and pathways. Through reflexology, body can be brought to a state of healing and balance body by itself with the holistic powers of reflexology. -helps in stabilising nerve disorders and bring alertness and confidence in the patient. -helps in control of emotional imbalance -reduce stress factors
In some cases there may be some original symptom worsen for few days of treatment. That too is an indication of that the acupressure is started working. It is quite common with the first one or two acupressure treatments to have a sensation of deep relaxation or even mild disorientation.