Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. T V RajaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. T V Raja provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned, prompt, practical and professional. Thanks, that's the exact problem when I googled it out. Thanks for the help, I was getting so anxious that why it is spreading and medications are not proving to be much helpful. Thanks again, you are a saviour...
My body is paining for last couple of months and even the joints are paining alot. So what treatment should I take?
My brother got a knee injury during playing. And his MRI impressions are as follows. :Bucket handle tear of medial meniscus. :high grade partial tear of anterior cruciate ligament. :bone contusion/marrow edema in the posterior aspect of lateral tibial condyle and in the lateral femoral condyle. :Grade-2 sprain in medial collateral ligament. :moderate joint effusion. Give proper suggestions regarding surgery AMD if the recovery is done without surgery. Give proper suggestions.
Hi docs, my mother aged 50 has a problem with hands. Many a times her hands get so weak that she can not even raise her hand and shut her fist in pain. Also black patches noticed on hands since last 15 days. Please help me out.
Which type of doctor I should visit? Before visiting doctor what I can try? I am 43 year old female, I have shoulder pain since last one year, initially it was not paining much but now it is getting worse. When I try to move my right hand up it gives me unbearable pain. It will be only when my hand go higher then shoulder. Gone through sugar and thyroid test it is normal. I tried to do exercise also but it pain so much if I do. Thanks.
Hi I have back pain for the last 10 yrs. I am writing from BD and want to take treatment from a reputed doctor.
I am a gymnastics trainer since last 5 years. I am facing sudden back pain from last 3 months but only while sleeping. Can you please help in this? This is making it tough to train my students.
I am a 39 years old male, having back pain, lower back pain, neck pain for the last 1 year. I have got the xray, ct scan done and undergoing allopatic treatment, but did not get any relief. What should I do to get rid of these pain through ayurveda.
I was doing fitness workout. Suddenly I had a pain at d lower back. It pains when I twist my back only. sometimes when I stand I get sudden a pain in my lower back and I be like going to fall.
My wife and myself are having knee joint pain while getting up or sitting on floor. After seeing TV ads, I have bought astha Jeevak paste and oil to be applied on knees. As per TV ad and literature astha Jeevak is a three month course. I want to know whether the product is one time affair with long term relief or is it habit forming.
From marathon runners to footballers, amongst athletes, 'pulling a hamstring' is the most common type of injury. The hamstring is a group of four muscles at the back of your thigh. When one of these muscles gets overloaded or begins to tear, it is known as a hamstring injury. While a hamstring injury is painful, it does not indicate the end of an athlete's career.
Minor hamstring injuries may heal by themselves. In cases where one of the muscles is torn, surgery is required to repair and reattach the muscles. Recovery time depends on the severity of the injury. Stretching and exercising the muscles of the leg are the most important parts of rehabilitation. The healing of a hamstring injury can be divided into four stages.
- Acute phase: The first five days after a hamstring injury is known as the acute phase of rehabilitation. The aim of treatment at this phase is to reduce inflammation and keep the other muscles from atrophy. For minor hamstring injuries resting the leg, using ice packs and keeping the leg elevated can accelerate the healing process. Once the pain and swelling has decreased, patients can use a cane or crutch to exercise the leg.
- Subacute phase: From the fifth day to the 3rd week after the injury, the focus of the treatment shifts from minimizing swelling to strengthening the leg and increasing the range of possible motions. At this time, an athlete can resume cardiovascular training. Swimming and other forms of aquatic training are said to be especially beneficial to the treatment of hamstring injuries.
- Remodeling phase: The remodeling phase continues upto 6 weeks after the injury. Strengthening the leg is the focus of this stage of treatment. Using ankle weights can be beneficial towards strengthening the leg muscles. It is important to be careful about the weight being used and to gradually increase this weight to avoid an added injury.
- Functional stage: This stage can last upto 6 months until the athlete can regain full function of his or her leg. As the athlete's gait gets back to normal, they may start jogging and short sprints. Gradually, more sport specific exercises may be added to the workout.
There is no fixed time when an athlete can return to active sports after a hamstring injury. While players with minor injuries may return to the field after 3 weeks, athletes with muscles tears may take upto 6 months to recover completely. Hamstring injuries tend to reoccur and hence before they can get back to active sports, an athlete must pass an isometric strength test and flexibility test. This ensures that there are no subtle after effects of the injury that can increase the risk of a repeat injury.
Hi my mother having continuously lower back pain and she is not able to seat without back support. Please suggest some medicine.
I have suffering from back pain and also knee pain also coming how to recover from that pain and which type of median is useful.
I am 39 years old female. I have arthritis problem. I want to ask that ye disease thik hogi ya nahi.
My wife aged 59 yrs is around 100 Kgs. Due to weight,I believe, she always have pain on her back. She does not like to walk even 100 Feet.She feels very much un confident about herself. Kindly suggest some advice. Thanks.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming.