Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Hi I am 40 years of woman my bp, sugar, lft, urea, cretinine, calcium, tsh t3, t4, mri of brain every thing is normal but I am suffering out head reeling what can be the cause. I have cervical spondolysis but the doctor told this can not be the cause of such reeling. I have bit vit d deficiency and I am taking arakitol injection. Can you suggest me what can be the cause?
My spouse is suffering from lower back pain due to dislocation lower discs and examined by spine specialist and suggested for surgery a few months back. She consulted a Physiotherapist who is specilised in 4MOT and advised her for 15-30 sittings for treatment. He has not explained to her in understandable way what sort of treatment he provides. He has made measurements for both exterior and interior (through MRI scan)the posture/bend her both legs and also bend her in standing position. He made the treatment as a package for about 3-4 lakhs. She is worried now what could be opted. She is not financially sound. Kindly advise.
Hi doctor, am 26 years old female, am having too much joint pain including my shoulders, knee and low back. My serum zinc level is low and other blood tests as ana, ra factor, vitamin d, vitamin b12 all are normal. Can you please give me a favourable answer for this as I am affecting too much?
I have undergone spine surgery a fortnight ago for spondylitis problem. I am recuperating now. What food I should eat which will help healing of nerves faster.
Hi , my question is regarding sore muscles. I have done workout last Friday and instructor told me to go for weights. He made me lift weights. I performed bench press etc etc and the day was good. But I'm Saturday, I could not lift even a water bottle. I could not eat meal through hands. I can't fold my arms. I can't sleep it's paining too much. Its in the night 4 am I am unable to sleep. Please suggest.
I am 74 years old lady. I am advised for knee surgery. I am in pain at my knee joints since last 4 months but still am able to walk erect with managable discomfort. Xray shows complete cartilage loss at knee joint. Do you suggest surgery now or should I wait for pain to become unbearable? I have been started on dolo-650 & calcim pouch. I am a patient of high bp and diabetes too. Do advice. Should I wait or just go ahead with surgery.
Pain in spine. Right from the neck till the lower back and also in the legs. It feels like the nerves of my legs are getting pulled or over stretched at times.
Sir I'm 34 years old. For the last one week I have severe back pain. I had c section delivery 3 years before. I also have belly after that. My weight is also raised. Please . Send me any remedy.
I am a basket ball player, while standing or walking during the period knee slip r disloction and more pain after playing what is the reason?
I need to ask one thing at the age of 27 heel pain and back side of leg muscle pain will come means whats the problem. Standing for a while and walking means pain will come. Any problem.
My leg is paining from last 3 weeks I have taken painkillers but it didn't effect please advice me what to do.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.