Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T. Sathish KumarYour feedback matters!
My 21 month old daughter is suffering with mild fever, coughing, sneezing from yesterday. Fever is around 100-101 degree. Giving her grenil syrup, ambrodil. Kindly advice me. Should I give her antibiotic.
I'm drinking lemon and honey in hot water every morning, will that affect my babies weight during breast feed? can I drink green? how can I lose weight during breast feeding without diet?
Sir my son is suffering from fever from 19/08/16 in starting it is 104 and every 4 hours it come back then it comes 6 hours then 8 hours then 12 hours then 18 hours after perecetomal syrup then how long it will go please suggest me and why is the duration of fever is long.
My son have 3 months old. He do not go to motion from 3 days. Now it's 4th day. I am giving feeding to my child. Is it normal or abnormal can I use dulcolax suppository or anything else.
My Daughter is 10 months old on doctors advice had done CRP test which result is 7.64 higher than normal range and started antibiotic from 25 evening Monocef D twice and she is having fever of 101 degree for this giving medicine MEFTAL-P every six hours but after six hours she is having again fever. Is this treatment ok or need to consult other doctor?
While it is well known that smoking causes lung cancer, heavy smokers with diabetes are also at increased risk of death from causes other than lung cancer, according to a study being presented next week at the annual meeting of the radiological society of north america (rsna).
Diabetes is a chronic illness in which there are high levels of glucose in the blood. More than 29 million people in the u. S. Have diabetes, up from the previous estimate of 26 million in 2010, according to a report released by the centers for disease control and prevention. One in four people with diabetes doesn't know he or she has it. Having diabetes can also put people at risk for numerous other health complications.
To determine the extent to which diabetes is associated with deaths from lung cancer, other cancers, and other causes among heavy smokers, researchers examined the risk for all-cause mortality among people with and without diabetes within the national lung screening trial (nlst), a massive, multicenter trial that compared low-dose helical ct with chest x-ray for early detection of lung cancer in current and former heavy smokers.
" in our study, we found a statistically significant link between diabetes and all-cause deaths, non-lung cancer deaths and lung cancer deaths in women" said kavita garg, m. D, professor of radiology from the university of colorado -- denver.
For the study, Dr. Garg and colleagues looked at data from 53, 454 participants in the nlst and identified 5, 174 participants who reported having diabetes at screening.
They conducted an analysis of the relative risk for overall mortality, lung cancer mortality, and non-lung cancer mortality associated with diabetes, adjusting for age, gender, body mass index (bmi), and pack-years of smoking. Over the course of the study, there were 3, 936 total deaths, including 1, 021 from lung cancer and 826 from cancers not of the lung.
Participants with diabetes tended to be older, reported more pack-years of smoking, and had a higher bmi than those without diabetes. There were 650 deaths (12.6 percent of patients) among participants with diabetes and 3, 286 deaths (6.8 percent of patients) among participants without diabetes.
" we found that diabetes doubles the risk for all-cause mortality and non-lung cancer mortality among heavy smokers" Dr. Garg said" we also found that women with diabetes have an increased risk of lung-cancer mortality, but did not find the same effect in men"
The researchers continue to analyze data in an effort to better understand the underlying cause. In the meantime, Dr. Garg emphasizes the importance of taking control of diabetes and undergoing lung cancer screening if you're a smoker.
" patients have to take care of their diabetes to maximize the benefit of ct screening for lung cancer" she said" it truly makes a magnitude of difference in mortality risk"
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child, but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
Some of the habits that you should teach your children are:
- Eating healthy food: Children always have the propensity to consume junks and avoid healthy food. It is the duty of the parents to correct this and teach their kids to eat healthy food. You must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run.
- Table manners: Children eating on their own generally create a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known to a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table.
- Regular brushing of the teeth: The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good teeth and see to it that they brush daily and twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
- Early to bed: It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
- Play outdoors: You must make it a habit for your children to play outside more often. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity.