Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. T. RajasekarYour feedback matters!
I had my last period on 14 January after that I didn't get my period. I consulted vid doctor she gave me chrominac- A for 1 month en I ws taking it frm lst 15 dyz en Yesterday I had my period now my qustn iz I might be pregnant or not en how. I am suffering from pcos en my husband en me doesn't live together due to our job. We meet once in a month for two or three dayz. please suggest me to get pregnant.
I am 25 years old married since 2 yrs. My husband report says bilateral small testes, severe left and mild right varicocele. My follicle count is 3-4 gfs of right and 1-2 gfs of left ovary. Wanted to know if ivf works in 1st attempt.
I had sex with my female friend 1 month ago 2 days continue totally 3 times only after 1 day of that she started her periods normally but now. It has been 22 days her period not coming again her normally periods came in 20 days of last now you please help us what it can be?
I and my boyfriend had sex only one time .and 3 months no period. And yesterday I used home pregnancy test but it shows one line dark and one line light. What it means? please help me.
I'm a 34 years lady just completed 5 months of pregnancy but no gaining enough weight. What to do now?
I am 42 years male. Married since 15 years. We have no child. We need a children. Please suggest me some good medicine or doctor.
Hi doctor, please advise what type of recent / latest contraceptives are available in the market for women's which are more comfortable and gives complete freedom without any health issues. What should be the best one. I am 34 years old male and have 2 kids (10 & 6), my family is complete. Please suggest better options that gives freedom. Thanks.
Dear sir, I hv a urine flow problem. Am 40 yrs old nw. My urine flow is nt smoothly, it's take 2-3 break whn i passout my urine. Out of this problem, I hv nothing any other problem, lik; pain,irritations,burning etc.Please hlp me.
The diabetic eye is considered to be the leading cause of the blindness among the working age. It is usually caused by the change in the blood vessels on the retina of the eye. Retina is that layer of the eye which is light sensitive. In case of diabetic macular oedema, the blood vessels cause the fluid to leak into the retina.
How does diabetic macular oedema cause vision loss:
The loss of vision only occurs when the fluid reaches the macula. Macula is the center of the retina which is responsible for a sharp vision. When the fluid reaches the macula it builds up and causes inflammation. Initially this is not noticed but with time the diabetic macular oedema causes a change in the vision making it more blurred. A healthy macula is very essential for a good vision.
Who is at risk of diabetic macular oedema:
People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes are at a higher risk of getting diabetic macular oedema. Also other risk factors are:
- About 0ne in three people with diabetes develop macular oedema
- Poor control of blood sugars
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- In smokers
How to reduce the risks of diabetic macula oedema:
The risk of diabetic macula oedema can be reduced by quitting smoking, and to make sure that blood sugar and cholesterol levels are under control. This is achieved by regularly measuring the cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
How is diabetic macular oedema detected:
Diabetic macular oedema can be detected during regular visits to the doctor. Patients with diabetes should be offered screening tests. Digital photographs of the patients can be taken as they show the early signs of diabetic macular oedema, though changes in vision might not be noticed at this time.
What happens when you attend the medical retina clinic:
When you go for an eye checkup you will undergo a comprehensive examination which includes:
- Visual acuity test: This is a sight test which measures how well you can see the different distances
- Eye pressure test: This test is done to measure the pressure of the eyes and usually drops which numb the eyes are used when this test is conducted
- Dilated eye examination: In this the drops are placed in the eye to dilate the pupils and then the back of the eye is examined.
- Fluorescein angiography: This is a diagnostic test in which an injection of fluorescein dye is given in the hand and then the photographs are taken.
- Optical coherence tomography: This is done to measure the retinal swelling
Cervical dysplasia is a type of condition, which occurs before cancer. This condition is associated with abnormal cell growth occurring in the cervix, uterus, vagina and endocervical canal. Cervical dysplasia is most commonly caused by the human-papillomavirus and is a sexually transmitted infection or STI. This disease is common in young women under 30 years of age. It is worth noting however, that cervical dysplasia can occur at any age whatsoever. Here are the causes of cervical dysplasia.
- HPV infection: An infection caused by the human papillomavirus is the main reason why cervical dysplasia occurs. It is worth noting that HPV is most commonly transmitted through sex.
- Smoking: People who smoke are twice as likely to suffer from cervical dysplasia in comparison to those who do not.
- Immunosuppressive drugs: These are more likely to cause cervical dysplasia because they weaken the immune system of your body.
- Organ transplant: Organ transplant also increases your chances of cervical dysplasia due to the fact that it weakens your immune system.
- HIV-AIDS: This is a disease, which also weakens your immune response and therefore increases your chances of contracting cervical dysplasia.
There are not too many symptoms of cervical dysplasia and it can only be diagnosed using a Pap test without, which more complicated tests have to be performed.
Once the diagnosis for this is complete, several factors will have to be considered before deciding, which treatment to give the patient. These include the age of the patient and the severity of the condition. However, in most of the cases women who have cervical dysplasia are not treated and the cell growth goes away on its own however when it is treated the following treatments are used.
- Cone biopsy
- Laser surgery
I'm 17 female. I n my bf had some intercourse it has been almost 3 weeks now there is a little discharge of some fluid is it is a sign of periods? Oranotherthing? My menstrual cycle date is also ahead so is it a sign of this or pregnancy? We had intercourse after he had ejaculatedin washroom for 2 types and later he just inserted and removed so what might be the chances of pregnancy and what is the reason for this discharge?
Period of my aunt has stopped. Will it start again? If yes when? If no then any solution to this prblm is required!
We got married before 1 and half year back. We trying to get baby. We consult with doctor they said your semen count and mortality is less. You need to take tablets for that. And for my wife need to do endoscopy test due to bulky in ovaries. Is there need?
Miscarriage basically refers to the phenomenon, when a developing embryo or the foetus in a pregnant woman dies a natural death, before it can manage to survive on its own. The common signs of miscarriage are vaginal bleeding accompanied with pain. It leads to depression, anger and guilt. The reasons for miscarriage are manyincluding use of tobacco, smoking, diabetes, extreme obesity, drug or alcoholic addiction. Here are some important signs that indicate you might be miscarrying:
- Bleeding: Recurrence of bleeding, which keeps on starting and stopping indicates the downfall of your hormonal balance. You must get your pregnancy hormone levels checked. Very intense bleeding, which accounts for soaking your pad within an hour is an indication of the beginning of a miscarriage. However, bleeding is a common factor in normal pregnancy as well.
- Cramps: Severe cramps in the vaginal region, accompanied by very heavy breathing and suffocation are other signs that you might be headed for a miscarriage. Sometimes, bleeding occurs along with the cramping.
- Disappearance of Pregnancy Symptoms: If you are pregnant, but the signs and symptoms of pregnancy start disappearing, a miscarriage may be indicated. However, it might not be the first major signal. For normal pregnant women, the signs of pregnancy do not appear for many days. You may not feel nauseated or your breasts do not get sore. For ten to fourteen weeks, this phenomenon is a normal one. However, in case it continues for a more prolonged duration, it might be an early sign of miscarriage.
- Pregnancy test results vary between positive and negative: Results of a pregnancy test done very early may vary between positive and negative. This is completely normal. In case of obtaining the same results when you are already over two weeks pregnant, it may indicate a miscarriage. You might be having an ectopic pregnancy. Spotting is also noticed in the vaginal region. If you had a pregnancy test showing positive results, but the results come negative after re-taking the test a few weeks later, it is high time for you to consult a gynaecologist. You have to deal with ectopic pregnancy before choosing a surgical path. Varying results signify that something is wrong. The urine produced by the body is less concentrated.
A case of miscarriage is very painful for the pregnant woman as well as her family. You should keep healthy, and avoid all bad habits to keep away from miscarriage.
I am pregnant. My 4th month is running. I am eager to do sex now. As I hav not done from last 3 nd half month. So is it safe to do.
*Avoid excess exposure to the sun
*Drink up to 2 to 3 litres of water
*Don't over-wash your face
*Get adequate sleep
*Eat healthy food, specially vitamin riched vegetables & fruits
*Keep stress away.