Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T.R.YeshwanthYour feedback matters!
Hi i am doing my medicine course in an island which is too hot my hands are completely tanned pls I have to attend my sisters marriage i m totally helpless pls help me how to get fair hands fast within 15 days pls help me.
Caring for their look is no longer only restricted to women, men care about their looks just as much as women. In fact, it would be more suitable to say that majority of today's population cares about their looks and appearance. In an effort to look younger many men now-a-days are turning to Botox injections in order to get a more youthful appearance. There is no significant difference between Botox effects on men and women.
Here are nine things that men can expect with Botox treatment:
- A Ten Minute Procedure: The actually process of getting a Botox injection does not take longer than 10 to 15 minutes. There is no need for anesthesia and it can easily be performed as an outpatient procedure. A Botox injection is relatively pain-free.
- Get Back to Work: Botox is a procedure that you can get done even on your lunch break. Since it does not involve anesthesia of any kind, you can get straight back to the office within an hour of having the procedure. However, it is best to avoid strenuous activities and exercising for a week after the procedure.
- Quick Results: Botox results are not immediate but can be seen within 3 to 5 days of the injection being given. Optimal results can be noted 2 weeks after the process.
- Swelling and Bruising: Mild swelling is observed at the injection site, which resolves in max 1-2 hours, bruising is very rare, but if happens resolves on its own in 2-3 days maximum and can be easily concealed with light make up.
- Effects that Last 4 to 6 Months: Botox injections do make you look younger, but its effects do not last forever. The effect of Botox injections usually lasts for 4 to 6 months. After this, you will need to go through the procedure again to maintain the youthful appearance.
- Slowed Pace of Aging: Botox can also be used as a preventive measure when it comes to aging. Many men find that Botox can help prevent the formation of wrinkles and soften fine lines.
- Headaches: Though Botox injections are also a form of treatment for chronic migraines, one of the side effects of Botox is a mild headache. This should resolve itself within a few hours and is not something to worry about.
- A Few Side-Effects: Generally no untoward side effects are noted if done with the right technique, some rare side effects are drooping of eyelids which resolves on its own in 2 months.
- Compliments: 'Rested, refreshed, good'; These are some of the words you should get used to hearing when people talk about the way you look. As long as you use Botox in moderation and get the procedure done by an experienced doctor, you should be ready to look fabulous. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Being in a computer based job, I have started getting dark circles around my eyes. What should I do to avoid these?
Hi, I got injured in bike accident 20 days back. All wound got cured and wound black mark are left especially some places on my face. Please suggest me some creams to get rid of those black spots. Sex: Male Age: 23 Thanks in Advance.
I am 38 years, have dry skin on feet and ankles and especially during winters the skin on lower legs flakes, itches and reddens with burning sensation. What could be my medical condition.
I have heavy hair fall &dandruff &with pimples on my forehead due to dandruff so please give me a perfect &cheap solution because iam a poor man.
I have so much dark circles under eyes. What should I do? Please suggest me the appropriate solution for this or any cream for instant result?
Hello. My brother used cadila skin shine cream for a month intialy for a 2 week it worked well all his pimples and marks as been reduces bt snce from 3 week he getting some rashes on face when he wash face r whn he gets sweat its lke white white spots forming 4 10 mints on forehead mainly so can any one can help us to get out from this.
The first thing that catches our attention when we strike a conversation with a person is their eyes. And aren't they the key feature of our body? Sadly, they take away the charm and youth from our face when they start aging. But as the fact lies, it isn't like we cannot do anything about it! Here are some of the simplest ways that help you keep your eyes gleaming!
Things you should avoid:
- The Sun: Sun exposure is a major cause of wrinkles. Thus avoiding the sun or taking precautions as you get out in the sun can make you look younger.
- Smoking: Smoking does ages skin, as it responsible for releasing an enzyme which is known to break down elastin and collagen.
- Sleepless nights: In the case of an incessant lack of sleep, the body starts producing excess cortisol, a hormone that leads to the breakdown of skin cells and thus resulting in making the skin appear aged.
- Over washing the face: Tap water usually delayers the skin of its natural oils and moisture that is meant to guard the skin against aging. Either use soaps that contain moisturizers or use cleansers instead of soaps.
Some noteworthy precautions:
- Use moisturizer and sunscreen: Completely avoiding the sun or the cold is inevitable. Hence, it is wise to consult a dermatologist and wear a sunscreen and moisturizer that is the most suitable for your skin type. It creates a protective shield for your face and keeps your skin protected from the consequences of the weather harshness.
- Use Reading Glasses: Any recurring action of the skin strains facial muscles and thus leaves a minor trench beneath the skin which is visible as a wrinkle. Hence, it's precautionary to get the eyes checked in case of any strain and use power glasses instead.
- Eat a lot of Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds which aid in fighting back the harm that is created by free radicals. This helps the skin look younger and beaming.
Few home remedies:
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are one of the easiest remedies to help you get away with your eye wrinkles. Chop thin slices of fresh cucumber and keep them over your eyelids. They help in reducing the buildup on the eyes and re-energize the skin.
- Coconut oil: This oil works miracles for wrinkles. Massage this oil into your wrinkled skin. You will see results in less than a month.
- Orange Juice: You can dip a cotton swab in fresh orange juice and lay it over your eyelid. Use this method twice daily.
- Castor oil: One of the most primitive remedies, apply and massage few drops of this oil to your face after cleansing. Repeating the treatment once or twice every week. This reduces the chances of re-development of wrinkles.
meri skin problem din ba din badti ja rahi hai dhup me mera chahera lal hota aur jalan b hoti hai Maine bahot dikhaya lekin kam nahi horaha aap kuch help karenge plz.
Sirs/mams, I am 29 years old male. I have a white spot on the lower lip of my mouth. And I have lots of scaly skins on the bottom part of my right foot. So please suggest me what can I do to avoid those kinds of diseases. Thanks in advance.
Hi I am 48 years old male and have skin disease on moustache / upper lips since 1995. When I have medicines daily upto one month then this is controlled. But, after two-three month it is back. So, there is no permanent solution of it except surgery which is very costly. So, how can I solve this?
I have very dark black spots in my face and ears lobe .I have been tried all anti black spots cream nothing works out.
Hello, my problem is that in winter my skin becomes severely dry, flaky, wrinkled since birth inspite of applying the best moisturizer n creams and any permanent cure please advice.
How to reduce wrinkles and freckles on face. I am 32 yrs. My skin luks pale n dry. How to moisturize it n make it shinier n healthy.
Perhaps you've heard this before but not all fats are bad. Fat has been in the bad press for the last few decades now but before you go fat-shaming again, below are some fun facts about fat:
Fat is a nutrient. Yes! Not just a nutrient, but a MACRO-nutrient. This means that the body needs it in a fairly large amount for a host of functions (insulation and cushioning, temperature regulation, protecting your internal organs, transporating your fat-soluble vitamins into body cells amongst other things).
Nutrition science teaches us that 15-25% of our daily energy needs to come from a fat source.
Fats can be divided into types, categories and chain-length: i) Types: Monounsaturated Fats (MUFAs), Polyunsaturated Fats (PUFAs) and Saturated fats ii) Categories: Essential and Non-essential iii) Chain-length: Short-chain, medium-chain and long-chain
While each gram of protein and carbohydrates has 4 calories, each gram of fat has 9 calories. The fact that fat is almost double the amount of calories for each gram bears testimony to the fact that you need a smaller amount to feel full. This also means that if you eliminate fat from your diet, you end up eating more carbohydrates. Don't believe us? Next time, try eating a bowl of 'fat-free' pasta and a bowl of regular pasta and notice the difference in quantity consumption yourself. Post the fat-free pasta, you will also find yourself unsatisfied, restless and hungry within 40 minutes-1 hour
Now perhaps you and people around you refer to yourself and each other as 'fat' in jest, but this does not necessarily mean that you're getting enough good fat in your diet. Health industry experts went insane a few years ago when an epiphany struck us all??Fat does not make us fat!? Here are some warning signs that your fat intake may be inadequate:
Dry, flaky, itchy skin
Experiencing random bouts of feeling cold
Feeling hungry due to lack of satiety and fullness
Mental slugishness/lack of concentration
Brittle hair and nails
Going back to our previous topic of categories of fat, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids come under the category of essential fats because our bodies aren't able to produce them naturally. The focus of this article is to elucidate the strong associations between essential fat consumption and good looking skin. Read on to learn more about how adding omega-3 and omega-6 onto your diet can affect your skin:
Omega-3 and Omega-6 are two types of PUFA's which are the building blocks of a healthy cell membrane. Think of the cell membrane as basically a wall with some holes punched allowing for things to go in and out. The membrane allows nutrients and waste products to get in and out of the cell. A good membrane (which you can create by eating your omega-3's and 6's) won't allow water to leave the skin cells thereby giving you moist, soft, subtle, hydrated and wrinkle-free skin.
Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids help reduce the body's production of inflammatory compounds -- natural chemicals involved in the aging process, which affect how healthy the skin looks and feels.
Omega-6 Fatty Acids help prevent skin dryness
Omega-3 Fatty Acids nourish your skin, are important for radiance and add softness to your complexion.
Omega-3s also seem to offer the skin protection against sun damage.
Essential fats help prevent acne which tends to occur when glands over produce the substances keratin and sebum. They clog skin pores and result in skin infections. Essential fatty acids have a two-fold benefit for acne. First, they cause healthy cell transference, which helps dissolves the fatty deposits that block pores and cause acne. They also work to repair the skin damaged by pimples and blemishes.
There is evidence to suggest that the healthier and more supple your skin cells, the less intense the appearance of cellulite. Consuming plenty of essential fatty acids will give your skin cells more fullness and flexibility, and thereby possibly reducing the appearance of cellulite.
Food sources: Omega-3s: Ghee, Flaxseeds, Safflower oil, Walnuts, Soy and soybeans, Fortified eggs, Oily fish, Canola oil, Palak or Spinach, Pomogranate, Blackberries, Watermelon Omega-6s: Ghee, Cooking oils, Poultry, Grains, Seeds, Nuts, Green leafy vegetables and Avocado Long story short: we are asking (pleading almost) for you to include fat in your diet in moderation! Why then would you go out and torture yourself with detoxes and scams? Are you a fan of dry skin and looking older than your actual age? We didn't think so. So add 1-2 tsps of ghee to your roti and make the transition back to full-fat milk guilt-free. We assure you that this won't make you fat! You can hunt us down and thank us later at your own time.