Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. T. PravinYour feedback matters!
I have itching problem in the left corner of my eye and it is going on for several years,I have been given one Chlorocol-H eye oinment which gives me temporary relief.pl suggest
Hi I am 68 year old woman suffering from glucomma and also having cataract. Medicine that doctor suggests me to pour into the eyes causes irritation. What to do?
Dear Doctor, I am 37 years old male 66 kgs. From last few months I am not able to sleep straight or right side. If I am trying to do the same then shortly a kind of Snoring (more like Humming sound) starts I initial sleep and I awake. However there is no problem on left side sleep. My question is "Is it anything can be congestion related problem? Or what it can be?
My eye number is 10 and my age is 16 I want to ask that can I wear lens or not and if yes I should buy lens of which brand.
I got my eyes operated in 2010 since then I have developed white patches around them particularly on lower side. Please advice.
I am 45 year old unmarried male desperate to marry but can not marry due to circumstances like no job. I feel my body heated up my eyes burning, even feet burns, I get night falls in between for the last 10-15 years could be more. I am using Himalaya ophthacare eye drops which gives me little relief from burning eyes. I request you to let me know a homeopathic medicine for the issue I am facing. Regards, Monty. 45 years male from Nashik asked I am 45 year old unmarried male desperate to marry but can not marry due to circumstances like no job. I feel my body heated up my eyes burning, even feet burns, I get night falls in between for the last 10-15 years could be more. I am using Himalaya ophthacare eye drops which gives me little relief from burning eyes. I request you to let me know a homeopathic medicine for the issue.
Red itching eyes after smoking cigarettes. Is that a allergies problem. My tongue irritation after smoking cigarettes as well.
Hello, I'm 23 years old male. Using glass at SPH of -2.75. But I do not like to use Specs. So I need Clear detail about lasik? Is it good or not? And hyperopia lasik means? Is it possible to change my sight using any diet or ayurvedic medicine and foods?
Hello sir/madam, I am from Bangalore. I recently entered into modelling field(FYI). I used to wear specs for more than 15 years and because of that my eyes has gone inside. It's like if I wear by specs my face looks nice and if I remove my specs my faces looks something different and that affects my modelling career I believe. Is there any solutions you can assist me with? Should I go for the lasic operation so It might be a good option for me to get the Vision and eyes back to normal? Thanks,
Hi I am 25 years old male, my question is to you is regarding my eyes. I get sleep very much while working on computer and my eyes becomes very tired and gets closed all the time while working.
I have a problem in my eye. I am suffering from short sightedness. When I ride bikes water comes out of my eye. What can I do to stop it.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision
Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle
Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes
Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
3. Allergic reactions
Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.
Sir, I am 60 years old suffering from neck pain for the past one week. Unable to turn my neck either side or up and down. Can I consult any Ortho Doctor or see a Physiotherapist? Kindly help me. Sankaranandam.
My eyes is always having problem, like reddish and water in eyes, and mostly that time when I ride a bike, so what I do.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.