Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T.P.JacobYour feedback matters!
I have varts infection on my face I've got them removed once with a dermatologist but they are back again on face. What is the proper treatment to get rid of varts infection.
Psoriasis is the condition in which the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis can erupt just about anywhere on the body, but it most often occurs on the scalp, chest, back, elbows, knuckles, and knees. If you have a mild case, the patches may hardly be noticeable. The worst cases produce unsightly patches almost everywhere.
Psoriasis can also affect fingernails and toenails, making them appear pitted and discolored. It can even cause significant joint pain, a condition known as psoriatic arthritis.
Most people who develop psoriasis are initially diagnosed in their teens, twenties, or thirties. The disease follows a very unpredictable course. That first flare-up may also be the last. Or it may signal the start of a lifetime of flare-ups that come and go for no apparent reason. Fortunately, when the lesions disappear, they leave no scars.
Here's a list of following unsafe health conditions created by psoriasis:
- Cancer: People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
- Kidney disease: According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
- Obesity: People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
- Diabetes and high cholesterol: High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with the condition have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Peptic ulcers and mood disorders: In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have severe skin problem. My face is full of dark red and black spots and pimples and blackheads and pus filled pimples. need help.?
I met with accident before 3 months wound is completely fine but the skin is turned black and it pains sometime there was no fracture.
I have a oily skin and I have acne on my face n my face skin color is getting dark day by day. What should I do to avoid pimples and acne on my face and get back my skin color?
I have spots as well as dark circles on my face. I did a lot of medical treatment but nothing helped me. I need something very effective that can make my skin healthy and brighter.
Hi doctor I have sensitive skin and no brightness in my face or dark circle also please suggest me best product without sideffect in future and my age 23.
I have lots of pimple and oil on my face it's really hurts please help me and how to avoid a oili face.
Which cream should be take for skin whiting and for oily or combination skin teenager 16 years in summer and which suncream for same skin type.
Im a 21 year young male. I'm suffering from severe stomach ache and also suffering with loose motions. Amd also sometimes there is bleeding in motions. Im afraid. Could you please help out.
My problem is skin tone color, recently I don't know why my color is too black, last 1y I am looking so fair color know my color is black. What is the reason I don't know. Please give the rite suggestions, I have tea habit only, but I will drink tea daily 4 to 6 times.
I have skin problems. If a mosquito bites me, the bitten area forms red circle I. E. Allergy. Any solution for this?
I am 21 years old, male. I have a question, how to reduce dark spots near eyes. Suggest some diet to follow to reduce the dark spots and to increase the glow in my face.
I'm a student of 19 years and I have too much marks of pimples and sun burn on my face. So some of my friends suggested me for skin therapy. But I don't know anything about therapy please help me to know about it and how much it costs. And does it works. Please help me soon.
Erysipelas is an infection caused by bacteria that occurs in the upper portion of the skin. It is usually caused by the Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria. This bacterium is also responsible for causing sore throat. It is characterized by large and red patches on your skin.
The symptoms of erysipelas are -
1. You may experience chills and fever
2. Swelling of various glands in the body
3. Presence of red spots on the skin with raised edges
4. You may experience blisters on your skin
5. You may also feel lethargic and dizzy
This disease occurs when the bacterium makes its way through the upper layer of the skin. If you have cuts and bruises on the skin, then the bacteria may enter the skin, and thus lead to infection. However, they don't cause any harm if they are present on the skin. Erysipelas may also be caused if you have infections of the throat and the nose.
Some other causes of erysipelas are:
1. If you are bitten by an insect
2. If you have had a surgical procedure
3. Certain skin complications such as psoriasis may lead to erysipelas
4. It may also be caused by ulcers
5. If you are affected by diabetes which results in swelling of the legs
6. If you are a used of abusive drugs such as heroin
The age group that is at the highest risk bracket consists of older people and young children. The immune systems of older adults are weak; so the chances of infections occurring are higher. The treatments for this disease include consumption of fluids and keeping the affected part at an elevated position to minimize the swelling.
It is also recommended to use medications only after doctor's consultation. In serious cases, antibiotics are administered through the vein. If the disease causes deterioration of healthy tissues in the affected part, then surgery is recommended to treat it.
The preventive measures for this disease include keeping your wounds clean, maintaining good personal hygiene and using moisturizers to prevent the skin from drying.