Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. T.NaliniYour feedback matters!
She is around 7 months pregnant, her doctor says for several tests to do, she did that but in report toxo IG come out, is it very harmful to foetus, what is its remedy please suggest doctor, she is tensed. (haemoglobin is also 8.8 which should be 16)
I am married on may 2015 I miss my period last 2 month,pregnancy kit used and result is negative I do not know what was that i'm pregnant or not?
I am 33 yrs old women. I have enderometis cysts in both ovaries. Fibroid in uterus. I have painful periods and heavy bleeding. Advice.
Are condoms 100% accurate to avoid pregnancy if used correctly? I do not want to get pregnant so are condoms enough or should I ask my husband to get sterilized.
During the natural course of events, a woman's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. This is medically termed early or premature menopause.
Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed as Premature Menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed as early menopause.
Causes of premature menopause: Normal ageing, family history, genetic disorders, autoimmune disorders, toxins, and surgery are some reasons that could lead to premature menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a woman's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture. This leads to Osteoporosis.
- Postmenopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke, leading to cardiovascular health issues. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer especially, breast and ovarian.
However, it is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it especially, if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion.
Related Tip: "7 Ways To Deal With PMS"
Hello. Doctor do I need to worry fr pregnancy. After I hv got my periods bt wid a less flow. Bt fr frst 2 days I had a normal flow. Bt 3rd n 4th day. Jst spotting. My periods was delayed abt 20 days. N it started after I took homeopathy medicine. Do I need to worry. please help me. I always had a regular cycle before this.
My wife is pregnant, 27 weeks running. Since last one week, she is having episodes of elevated heart rate and slight difficultly to breathe. Is this normal or should we consult a gynae?
My friend feels severe pain only on the first day of her menstruation. She feels like vomiting and loo. Kindly advice.
Hi doctor, I am 38 years old female, I hv a 8 years old son .now we are planning for 2 child but unable to conceive since last 1 yr. In jan 2015 I was conceived but that time I terminate my pregnancy by taking medicine because I also had ovary cyst. Now we are planning for 2 child .so kindly suggest what are reason I am unable to conceive and also suggest to whom I need to consult regarding the same.
My wife is pregnant and she is in her third month. Her body is always shivering and she has low blood pressure, getting restless. What she should do?
Hi. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 8th feb after that I took ipill within 24 hours. Then I got period on 16th feb. Now its 26th march. I do not get periods till now. I am not ready for this pregnancy. I want to know that I am pregnant or not?
Unlike muscle aches, neuropathic pain or nerve pain is usually a lifelong condition. This usually affects the feet. In some cases, it can get better over the years but in most cases, nerve pain stays persistent or worsens with time. Neuropathic pain is caused by nerve damage and commonly triggered by conditions such as diabetes or is a result of the side effects of medication or chemotherapy.
Medication is usually the first line of treatment when it comes to dealing with neuropathic pain. Medication prescribed for such conditions can be categorized as:
- Local anesthetics
These may be prescribed individually or in a combination of two or more types of drugs. additionally, topical creams may also be prescribed for pain relief. Conventional medicine can provide temporary relief from nerve pain. However, in the long run, making a few lifestyle changes can help control nerve pain. Here are a few tips.
- Exercise: Nerve pain may tempt you to sit in one place, but you must force yourself to walk about and exercise a little on a regular basis. Exercising increases blood flow to the extremities of the body and releases endorphins that act as natural painkillers. It can also expand blood vessels and nourish damaged nerves.
- Avoid alcohol: If you suffer from nerve damage, alcohol can aggravate the damage and increase pain. Hence it is best to skip alcohol and all other kinds of stimulants.
- Heat therapy: Soaking your feet in a warm bath or using a heat pack can be very effective when it comes to dealing with nerve pain. The heat temporarily increase blood flow and reduces pressure on the nerves. However, be careful to avoid burning yourself.
- Get a good night's sleep: Nerve pain is usually aggravated at night, thus disturbing your sleep. To get the required 8 hours of sleep a day, try maintaining a schedule of going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday. Drinking a cup of warm milk may also help you fall asleep faster. Ensure that the last cup of coffee you drink is in the afternoon.
- Massage: As with muscle pains; a massage can help ease and reduce nerve pain. Your choice of oils also has a role to play in the effectiveness of the massage. While lavender oil helps people relax and takes their mind of the pain, geranium oil can help directly reduce nerve pain.
My girlfriend has small pussy . So , that even my penis head also not going inside her even after lubricated . When I tried to put it inside by force , she is shouting with pain and saying that I can't bear this pain . I'm also afraid of forcing , becoz her vagina may tore inside and cause bleeding . What can I do ? How to have sex with her , without hurting her vagina too much .
Hello Dr. Meri abi delivery hue h, or main minimum theen sal tk pregnant nhi hona chati hu, Mujhe kya karna chacheye, kya precosion ya kon si medicine lena chaeye, please tell me!
Indian women are taught to follow rituals in a fanatic way by religion. They have to flexible all time in all situations according to the need of a family.
Many women are taking pills to alter the duration of menstrual cycle to attend or participate in yagya, poojapath, vidhis etc
Some girls taking pills take pills before planning sexual relations or before traveling etc
Now the question is what's wrong in taking few pills.
Menstrual cycle is regularised by a correct balance between some hormones (estrogen, progesterone, fsh, lh, tsh etc). These pills disturb these exact balance in females. When I say balance, this balance is like a house of cards, you are moving one card only but affecting other cards without touching them. This same can happen in your body after playing with menses.
Dub (dysfunctional uterine bleeding)
Ovarian disorders etc
Above diseases may target who takes or have to take pills to alter the duration of menses.
My request to feminine world is saying no to all hormonal pills
No occasion is bigger than your health. God has sent you on earth as woman only.
A menstruating woman is not allowed in rituals procedure because during this time female are weak and in pain so one can not concentrate.