Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T N RavishankarYour feedback matters!
Hearing aids are very expensive. How often will I have to be making an investment to replace or update them? Please advice
I have problem of premature ejaculation please suggest me effective treatment, please consider my heart valve problem also, I am taking acitrom 3 mg daily.
I am 24 year boy I have stomach pain from last three weeks which pill should I have to take? Please suggest me I ahve already taken pain pills.
Hi I'm Hari Krishna. I,m 26 years old. I'm suffering from erectile dysfunction. W hat might be the problem.
Actually we had some sex but not directly now I got period yesterday but it was not like previously coming period now bleeding comes just light liquid in a day is dis indicates am I pregnant.
I am suffering with fever? I neglected and used some doctor specified medicine but it is not cured yet please give me suggestions on those medicine?
I had an unprotected sex and my partner ejaculated inside. I took I pill next day after 20 hours and after 2 hours he ejaculated inside again after taking pill. I took I pill on 20-11-2016. My periods are due on the 3rd but on 30 evening I found blood clots while passing urine and the same continued till now, pls suggest me wat should I do? Should I go for pregnancy test or is it normal? Why am I facing this problem?
Sir am a medical student now am doing my internship. I have mild mitral valve prolapse. Was diagnosed by echo. Physician ask to me take propranolol 10 mg. Sir my problem is I want to play volleyball daily is any problem to playing volleyball. I want to know if I play regular volleyball is there is any chance to increase severity of proposed valve. Please answer me.
I am having allergy problems and my skin turns red and irritation occur. What to do? pelase help me.
I have cold and cough till 4 days what should I do I already consult doctor and medicines taken. What should i do now?
I have dry cough for last 20 days my doctor advice for chest xray & xray is fine, but sir I face dry cough which is so embarrassing me and I feel very difficult to work, so please tell me the remedy I use honitus syrup, zest syrup, alex syrup and now I use TusQ-D syrup.
Dr. I am stammering too much. Does that stammering have treatment or operation. I really worried about it so much.
Dear sir / madam, I had sex with a prostitute 3 days back and from that day itself I started suffering from sore throat and like common cold. I jst taken antibiotic for throat bcuz I had sore throat since my childhood so m nt that afraid of that fact! for my surety I had gone to have HIV and VDRL tests and I found evethng is fine. So need ask from sir/madam. May I have HIV. OR in near future. I was fully protected at the time of sex. We had jst intimated and one to two kisses and we had exchnge our saliva too so. For surety does I m safe or not. please Plz please plz. Help. Bcuz I m not goin do this again!
I have constant fever from 3 days at night. At noon I feel like ok but the time get worst with night. so, what should I do?
I want to use sandha oil for hardness and long sex drive. Is there any problem or after that I will be habitual of it.
I mostly have headache. What is the reason for that. I travel 200 km daily. Is this because of that. I have also pain under my foot.?
Hi, I haven't sleep from 2 days and now my head is aching or stomachache from 3 days, thought it will be ok, but still it is same, what Should i do?
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.