Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. T.MangaiarkarasiYour feedback matters!
A number of health problems are rooted in mental instability. Frequent bouts of anger and frustration can lead to stress and related problems. One of the most efficient ways of dealing with this instability and stress is meditation.
Vipasana is an ancient meditative technique that promises to allow a person to see the true nature of things. In Buddhist tradition, it literally translates to insight to the true reality of nature namely impermanence, suffering and the realization of non self. It focuses on self observation and the connection between mind and body and aims to eradicate mental impurities.
Vipasana meditation can be broken down into four stages.
Discovering Vitakka and Vicara: The first stage of Vipasana explores the connection between body and mind. This is done by concentrating on inhaling and exhaling and the feeling of air passing over the skin in front of the nose. Vitakka and vicara refer to the concentration and thought required to feel the connection between mind and body.
Disappearance of Vitakka and Vicara: In the second stage, the connection between mind and body is felt effortlessly. Thus, in this stage both vitakka and vicara fade away. This is known as anapana meditation and helps develop control over the mind.
Happiness: When a person reaches the third stage of vipasana, he stops focusing on emotions like pity, sadness, exuberance and only feels happiness. This frees the mind of negativity and hence purifies it.
Equanimity: The fourth and final stage is characterized by mindfulness and leads to clarity. At this stage, a person feels the desire for freedom and understands nature to be ever changing.
Vipasana is taught at a ten day residential program. Here, participants must adhere to a code of discipline that includes absolute silence and abstaining from any form of communication, sexual activity and substance abuse. Participants are taught the basics of the meditation technique and how to practice it but to benefit fully from it, regular meditation is necessary. Advanced vipasana students may attend 20, 30, 45 and 60 day courses to practice vipasana. An introduction to vipasana is also given to children in the form of short 3 day courses.
Ultimately, vipasana enables the practitioner to experience peace and harmony within oneself and with the rest of the world. It frees the mind from craving and hence also helps people abstain from social evils like stealing and killing. Thus, vipasana has the capacity to change minds and character and helps practitioners lead fulfilling, healthy lives.
I am 26 years old and breastfeeding. I get leg cramps in the night. I take my meals on time. I drink milk at night but still because of the pain I can't sleep the whole night. Please prescribe any medicines.
Bina kisi precautions k pregnancy me sexual inter course krne se baby ko koi harm pahuch sakta h ya ni? please Dr. Reply me.
I am a 29 year old lady and planning to get married next February. By March I will be 30. What problem may I face while conceiving as I will be 30 already.
My wife is suffering from infertility since 4 year. her menses is regular. Please give some suggetion.
Hi. Am 25 year old married woman. I have been taking femilon from the time I got married to avoid pregnancy. I stopped taking it in the month of October as Im not sexually active .I was supposed to get my periods on Nov 2nd. Since the delay. I got a pelvic scanning done and realised I have a cyst in my right ovaries. And I was advised to take susten 200 mg to get my periods. But I read on the internet it's taken to delay the periods. I'm extremely worried about what to do? Do I need to discontinue the tablet? Would having a cyst cause infertility in future? Please help. Thanks and regards.
My girlfriend and I had oral sex. We did not have actual intercourse. But due to oral sex I ejaculated. Ejaculation took place at a distance from her vagina. But im not sure about after ejaculation we bought our genitals close or not. What are her chances of pregnancy?
I am 33 years old and have 6 years old baby. Have pcod. Thyroid. With cervix nobothian cysts last 4 years. I have periods only with medicine. But flow normal. Now recently I have period two months once without medicine but only two days spotting as gel like blood only when I urinate. That too only once in a day. Other hours I see white discharge. Second day same gel blood once and period stopped. No liquid flow bleeding. & **I bleed little when have intercourse very forcefully from last one years. 1) Is this period is normal with pcod & thyroid. 2) Or it's menopause symptom. 3) Is any change of uterus cancer?
Dear doctor, In first time sex really blood flows? Is it compulsory of flowing of blood. And if the blood flows then for how many days it will stay?
Last my period came on 27 April nd now this month 28 may one Day late nD in March my period late of 7 Day. This time period much Change of all time nd I Feel too much Changes like My stomach Soo fit nD not in Normal size totally Shape is change. In this all Case is there possibility I am pregnant.
My wife was pregnant and pregnancy was of 8 weeks. But got miscarriage, so we get abortion done as per doctors suggestion and this has happened twice in one year (last time I. E. 7 months back) abortion was done by medicine). We want to plan for a baby, so pls suggest when can we plan it. I.E how much time gap should we take to plan for baby as abortion has been done last week.
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi periods miss by 10 days and she feeling tire, vomitting what can I do, and if pregnant how to terminate pregnancy ?.
I have done with follicular studies n my egg has rupture today we have tried in afternoon but my husband was not satisfied can I conceive if I try in night?
I have constant mild pain in left breast for 3 months, which increase during periods also left breast is slightly bigger than right. Is it something I should worry about or is it normal?
I am 23 years old. I had unwantednted 72 at 20 april. My periods date is 3rd of may but till now I am not having my periods what to do. Please help.
1) Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.
2) Drink juice lemon, orange, sweet lime, watermelon and muskmelon are rich in water it will help you stay healthy.