Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T.MangaiarkarasiYour feedback matters!
डिअर मेम मेरी शादी 22 जनवरी को हुई है कुछ दिन सेक्स किआ 10 वे दिन मेरा टाइम पीरियड आ गया तो प्लीज आप बताये क्या करे?कुछ और जानकारी भी चाइये 1.बिना कोंडोम कब सेक्स कर सकते हे? 2.रोजाना कोंडोम के साथ सेक्स करने से कोई प्रॉब्लम हो सकती है क्या? 3.कोंडोम के अलावा कोई और तरीका है जिसे सेफ सेक्स किया जा सके?4.टाइम पीरियड में भी सैक्स कर सकते हे क्या?
The menstrual cycle is a natural part of a woman’s life. Most of the times, it has been seen that women have periods that have a standard or perfect timing. However, some women may have extremely unpredictable or irregular periods. There are numerous reasons that can cause these irregular periods. In such cases, there are some that are more serious than the others.
At the point when a woman stops getting her period, it is called amenorrhea. It is a strong sign that something is not right. Primary amenorrhea is the point at which a teenager never got her period in the first place during adolescence. Secondary amenorrhea on the other hand, is when a woman has had her period in the past, yet stops getting her monthly period for at least three months.
Irregular periods, missed periods, or exceptionally painful and serious PMS (post menstrual syndrome) symptoms are an indication that the levels of one or more hormones are either missing or are too high. Whether it is a basic health condition, constant stress levels, a bad eating routine, an excess of exercise or less body weight, frequently missed periods is not something that should be ignored, especially when you are sure that you are not pregnant.
- In case your irregular periods are consistent, you need to be assessed for PCOS. PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome influences up to 10 percent of the women who are in their conceiving age. Apart from causing infertility, PCOS can expand the danger of diabetes and many heart diseases.
- You need to likewise be screened for thyroid problems and other diseases and conditions that might be connected to irregular periods. For example, an overactive or an underactive thyroid can aggravate ovulation, which may cause a lot of hormone imbalance in your body.
- An irregular cycle can also make it more difficult to get pregnant naturally, particularly in case you are not ovulating each month. Your specialist can run tests to check whether you are ovulating. Women with sporadic periods who are attempting to have a child are at times prescribed fertility medications to improve ovulation.
- Women with irregular menstrual cycles may have a double danger of ovarian cancer as compared to the women who have standard month-to-month period cycles.
- Untimely ovarian failure (otherwise called untimely menopause) is the point at which a woman’s ovaries quit working before she turns 40, making her stop ovulating.
- Irregular periods can result in a thick coating of the uterus, which can be a hazard for creating uterine cancer.
- Irregular periods that are very heavy can result in issues like a low blood count, weakness or anemia.
Hence, if you feel your periods might not be regular and are causing you a lot of problems along with being untimely, you need to consult a gynaecologist immediately.
I am getting regular periods but it is lasting for only one day. I was in medication for 3 months but it didn't work. Now the doctor has told me to do pelvic sonography. What should I do Please help.
Can ASHWAGANDHA POWDER cause abortion or miscarriage if taken on the day of CONCEPTION ONLY? 2 TEASPOONS OF IT ON THE DAY OF CONCEPTION?
I am 32 year old and my wife is 30 year old house wife, my wife is not taking interested physical with me from one year. We have one time physical from one year. Pls suggest. What should be done.
Doc, I have been expecting my periods around 9th October, instead I got black vaginal discharge and bleeding. And also I've got negative pregnancy test results. I am not sure whether I am pregnant or not.
PLease see the below report and condition & suggest Single live foetus in breech presentation. Placenta: posterior low lying with grade 1 maturity, lower margin of placenta is near the internal OS. Liquor: just adequate for gestational age. Fetal cardiac activity and movements are normal. Cervical length (TAS&TVS): 3.0 cm. Internal OS closed. Nuchal translucency measures 1.8 mm normal. Nasal bone is visualized. No obvious congenital anomalies noted. Impression: single live intrauterine foetus in breech presentation with gestational age of 14 weeks 5 days. PLease suggest according to above
I'm 19years old, I weigh 90kgs I have pcod I'm not on any medication for it, as of now. I am recovering from an ACLT surgery. (Knee ligament tear) so I can not gym or do any vigorous excersizes. What are my options to lose weight ? Cause I'm now just frustrated by it.
I am having pain in my breast from 5-6 days. Nd 3 days before I was having white transparent discharge nd it was having blood in it. Can you pls suggest what shud I do?
What is the difference between PCOS and PCOD? It's been two and half bad year I am trying to get pregnant but haven't success yet.
From 2 months I am not getting period and now I had a pregnancy test at home its negative then too I can be pregnant?
Yesterday (8-8-16) Monday was my partners last periods. We had unprotected sex today (9-8-16) n I have given her Ipill. Is Dr. any chances of getting pregnant? When is it safe to have unprotected sex n avoid pregnancy? N I don't understand when you say 23rd or 14th day. So can you please explain with dates when it is safe to have?
Fishes are depositories of the good nutrients that are essential for maintaining the optimal health of the human body. Broadly speaking, fishes have high protein and low-fat content, which helps to boost up the metabolism and immunity of the body. A fish meat in the diet is very often suggested by doctors for women during their pregnancy, even to the women who are vegetarians.
There are certain dishes which are low on mercurial content and high on minerals and beneficial acids, which are recommended to consume during pregnancy. These include fishes like Salmon, Anchovies, Herring, Sardines, Trout, Pollock, Catfish, Atlantic and Pacific Mackerel. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) pregnant women can safely eat up to 12 ounces (340 grams) of seafood in a given week. Here are certain reasons which make fish consumption essential for a pregnant woman.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids - One of the main highlights of fish meat is Omega-3 fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. It is a form of unsaturated fatty acid that is commonly found in fish oils secreted by the meat of the fish. These acids, mainly help the baby to develop its brain and the eyesight faster and better. Additionally, it also helps in energy storage, oxygen transport, cell membrane function, and regulation of inflammation in the mother's body.
- Low Fat Substitute - It is a known fact that fishes are rich sources of protein and vitamins like Vitamin C and D. They are usually low on all forms of fat, saturated fat and fatty acids. This helps to avoid fat accumulation in the fetus as well as in the mother's body.
- Better development of the baby - It is a scientifically proven fact that, higher fish consumption by women during their pregnancy is associated with increased cognitive scores, and decreased the risk of autistic symptoms (a brain development disorder found in children).
Conclusively, fishes have always been a desirable food to consume during pregnancy by women. But, you should always be careful while fish consumption, due to pollutants like mercury and PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls, which is a form of a chemically reactive substance), which are harmful to the baby as well as the mother.