Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T.Lavanya
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. T.LavanyaYour feedback matters!
I have back pain frm past one week lower back. I drive bike more than 50km per day! what might me the reason for this pain and how can I get rid of this? Please help me out.
I am 40 year female, active I walk n gym total 2 hrs of workout n m health conscious but still suffer a lot from stiffness through out body n pain, massages n workout help but temporary if I escape these my situation becomes worse, please help.
Im 25 year male , for the past few years im suffering from knee pain when I sit for a long time or when ever I fold my knee while sitting I hear a audible "tick sound" and in some time while walking I can just feel "tick" sound in my legs but while walking or sitting its not paining but when I sit for long time and while im getting up its paining a lot.
Hi, I am 32 years old every night my right hand's finger is paining and burning since last one year. at Morning my hands are fine.
I am 22 years old. I am suffering with shoulder pain since past 4 months. I have tried pain killers and gel. But all my efforts are in vain. The pain is increasing if I do any work. Please help me !
Hi sir have back pain I am in prob. Daily hota hai proper so nhi paati kya kru jis se theek hojau btado pls kuch ni kr paarhi bhot dar hai thanks.
I am 70 years old. Visit the gym and do weight raining 6 days a week. Recently I experience pain in my joints and legs. I take 1/2 COMBIFLAM once or twice a week. This gives me a lot of relief. Is it O K ans safe? Is there any alternate homeopathic medicine?
I have bow legs from my 17 age. Can that be cured with stretching exercise or using some products shown in online markets? Please advice me.
I'm 39 years old male. I have a peculiar pain in my legs. The exact area of pain is achillies, just above the" aedhi. The pain is untolerable. I take" nucoxia 60" once daily to avoid the pain. Its almost two years that the pain has not been diagnosed.
I am 53 years old male, since 2011 I am suffering from lower back pain to the right side and also from waist pain. I have taken treatment from various orthopedic and neuro Dr. But not got relief what can I do now, please guide me.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of disc in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing:
Hi, I am from Gujarat. I suffer from back pain since last 3 years please give me opinion and give me exercise details.
If you are suffering from neuromuscular disorders and require an effective, natural cure, you should opt for Ayurveda. Neuromuscular disorders are conditions in which certain areas of your central nervous system may get affected. It leads to the dysfunction and degeneration of your musculature, and also disables the functioning of certain organs at times. According to the Ayurvedic principles, most neuromuscular disorders occur because of beeja dosha, deranged vata and due to certain defects or impairments of your mamsagni or muscle enzymes.
Ayurvedic treatment for neuromuscular disorders
There are several modes of treatment and management for neuromuscular disorders based on Ayurvedic principles.
- Panchakarna therapy, several yoga techniques, and specially developed molecules or mamsagni rasayan are commonly used for treating such disorders. These help people in maintaining muscle strength and functioning.
- Strict Ayurvedic dietary modifications are also required to be undertaken by people with metabolic disorders and those suffering from neuromuscular diseases.
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are used for treating neuromuscular disorders. These herbs should become a part of your regular diet.
- Ayurvedic treatment helps in slowing down or stopping the progression of muscle degeneration, which is likely in case of neuromuscular disorders.
- It is ideal to apply a combined Ayurvedic strategy for treating neuromuscular disorders, which includes mamsagni rasayana, yoga, pizhichil, anuvasana vasti and Til Mash Pinda. These are undertaken for long-term management.
- This is an Ayurvedic formula or preparation that was developed as a remedy for neuromuscular disorders. The medicine should be taken before meals with honey.
- It contains several active and highly beneficial ingredients such as triphala, gurvel, marich, kuchla, gold bhasma, and guggul.
- It helps in the regulation of muscle metabolism and is ideal for the management of neuromuscular disorders and muscular dystrophies.
- The mixture is very effective in correcting membrane defects and regulating fat metabolism.
- Among the various ingredients, kuchla helps in boosting the neuromuscular tone, gold bhasma prevents muscle degeneration, and gurvel helps with immunity modulation.
- The combined effect of all the ingredients helps in balancing your neuromuscular vata, pitta, and kapha.
- You will observe results coming in the form of weight loss, decrease in your difficulty to walk, decrease in your blood CPK levels, and an increase in your neuromuscular tone. Your muscle power enhances and you get an improved weight ratio by taking this Ayurvedic solution.
You should consult an Ayurvedic physician, if you seek Ayurvedic treatment for overcoming neuromuscular disorders. An experienced doctor would be able to prescribe you the best solutions based on your condition, symptoms, and severity.