Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. T.Karthik?Your feedback matters!
My son (2 years 3 months) is not saying any sentences. He says 1-25, A-Z, knows and says animals, their sounds, colours, shapes, vegetables, body parts etc. He says milk, water, rice etc when needed. Says Hello, Goodnight, bye bye etc. But never says his own name and doesn't interact properly. What to do? Please help.
My daughter is of 15 months still now she is not walking and speaking. Every one are telling by this time she has to walk and start speaking. What can be done how to make her speak.?
I want to ask about my son he is 7 year old. His behavior is not good not talked in mannerable way. Never listen and follow to anyone. always jumping shouting making face etc. Never concentrate on one thing. If we did not do whatever he like he shouts hits to everyone. Did not concentrate on his studies too.
Meri Beti 15 years old he or uske hair me bhot lice par gai he me pareshan ho gai hu pls koi idea bataiye.
Dear Dr. I have 1 infant she had just 8 month, continuesly loosemotion is going on, what is the solution?
My baby's birth weight was 2.9kgs when she was born and now she is 4.25 kgs. Just wanted to know how much do the baby grow per day in the first 3 months. I have heard 30gms per day.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Asthma is a respiratory disease that takes place with a variety of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing and coughing. It usually occurs when the airways get obstructed, which in turn leads to inflammation of the tubes. So how can you recognise the signs and symptoms of asthma? Here is a list of ways!
- Risk Identification: It has been observed by doctors and medical science that there is no specific reason for the onset of this ailment. It can be caused due to genetic as well as environmental factors. So, in order to recognise the symptoms, you will first of all have to take stock of both these factors. Find out if you have any blood relatives who have suffered from this ailment and try to find out how it started and at what age, so that you can watch out for the same warning signs. Also, if you are more prone than others when it comes to allergic conditions like rhinitis and atopic dermatitis, then you are at risk. Other risk factors also include living in a high pollution zone, as well as being overweight, smoking, working within close range of exhaust fumes and other chemicals, and other such factors.
- Symptom Identification: To be able to identify whether or not you are at risk, you must identify the potential symptoms including persistent shortness of breath, which may strike regularly. Also, another symptom is not being able to sleep comfortably due to excessive coughing and breath shortness as well as shallow breathing and wheezing. You may also experience some amount of chest tightening or constriction. These symptoms will usually get worse if you happen to be suffering from the flu or a cold.
- Respiratory Health: If you are suspecting the onset of this disease, it would be a good idea to watch your respiratory health by observing the rise and fall of your breath when you are doing energy consuming and strenuous activities like exercising or other such tasks. Sports induced asthma is an actual condition that can get worse when your lungs are faced with cold and dry air. Also, if you are facing exhaust fumes and chemicals as a part of your job, then you are at risk of occupational asthma, in which case you should watch your respiratory health very closely. These symptoms can also get worse when you are around animals and pets due to the allergens that may trigger wheezing and coughing. A lung function test can be conducted by the pulmonologist in case you are suffering from any of these symptoms and conditions on a persistence and prolonged basis.
Knowing and reporting your symptoms to the doctor is important for getting timely treatment.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.