Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T KamarajYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir/Mam, My friend is married and now he is 31 it is been 18 months and from last 10 months he is trying hard to have a baby but no success he has done all the tests and everything came positive and his wife test results also came good. So in the course of showing to one doctor he said there is some PUS cells are present in his semen so that is the reason they are not able to conceive. So I kindly request you to provide a solution on how to decrease the PUS cell and increase the chances of having a baby. Kindly suggest what food has to be taken to increase the good seaman count He used to smoke and drink alot and now he has reduced to 1 cigarette per day and trying to quit smoking.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My wife period date was 15 and we did intercourse on 30 without protection. Then after I given her Ipill within 12 hrs, and her next period came properly date 12, but after she had vomited, then after she checked through home urine test, but it's came negative, please advise we don't want kid as of now and I just wanted to 100℅ sure that she is not pregnant so is there any other way where I can 100℅sure that she is not pregnant?
I take regestrone tablet when my period dates are gone. I wait for 3-4days after that I take that medicine for five days morning evening after take food. But still now no change. What can I do please suggest me.
Hi I have discharge white liquid and my vagina whole also fully lose what can I do to small whole and feel sex satisfaction.
Hi, I got my cycle on this month of September 10th. and my doctor has suggested me for laproscopy operation. My height is 5.4" and weight is 71 kgs. I want to know is after this operation will my irregular cycle will be regular and also can I lose my weight and conceive in how many months. Are there any side effects with the operation.
I'm a 23 female that had sterilization surgery yesterday but my surgeon didn't follow through with the plans we had in mind so the surgeon told me that he was going to just make a quick incision on my bellybutton and was going to use co2 no other scars involved so I ask for local anesthesia and the surgeon and anesthesiologist agree on local anesthesia and sedation however in the day of the surgery the nurse layer me down in high lithomy position with my legs open as wide as they can be and I asked the nurse and she said it better for surgery so when the anesthesiologist can he didn't use local nor sedation I saw he was putting a mask and I was moving and the anesthesiologist asked the nurse to hold me down and He intubalated me and I was unconscious when I woke up in the night not only did I have a big scar on my bellybutton that the surgeon had to stitch it up instead of using the glue I had three more scars on my bikini line one in left, center and right and feel really uncomfortable because I have stitches on my vaginal on the inside and the gland of the vaginal is stitched up and to top it of my belly is swollen and I have bruises and my throat hurts from the intubalation and my thighs from the position of the surgery.
Is missed periods are always a sign of pregnancy even if test is negative. In such a case should we wait or consult doctor and what can be reasons for missed periods.
When I put my one finger in my pussy it stops at some point and is like something blocking it in side put I have had could that be my hymen.
Hey .Before my periods come I face mood swing depression, burning sensation in stomach etc. So,would you please suggest something to tackle this problem.
My wife is 26 female. We Got married before nine months but she did not conceived yet. She had two months before UTI and have history of pcod. Amh test showed 11.4. Before 4 months. Presently on melmet 500 SR. UTI is treated now. Please suggest.
My pregnancy test is negative. My had one miscarriage before. My period comes always regular but this time 30 days over now. I went for ultrasound but result is bulky uterus. What should I do? Please help me.
Is large antimalarial drug is safe in pregnancy we have already taken injection and in blood test report negative shown.Please tell.
I am 40 years old. I hve got fibroids in uterus. I had 2 c section. Wen I get my periods It is vry painful. I can not bear the pain. Doctor told me if you remove the fibroids it vil grow again so he suggested me nt to operate. He also told me nt to remove the uterus so soon as its avry young age. Pls adv pain is vry painful. Is dare any medicines dat I cn tke. Pls reply urgently. Thnkyou.
Hi, I was using oviduct nc dc alone from 3rd day onwards. Today 13th day I went fr follicular study. Dominant follicle on l.o of 14 mm in length, endometrium 4.5 mm. So can I use estradiol valerate nw to increase thickness of endometrium. please suggest.
My wife age is 30 years & she is 5.5 month pregnant and it is her second pregnancy, since from 3 day's she is feeling tightly feel in her abdomen. And she doesn't like to eat any kind of food. And having severe lowback pain. What is problem. please reply me at the earliest.
I am a 23 year old girl. I had sex on 26 march and he did not ejaculated inside me. I got my periods on 29 march which was my due date. It lasted for three days one day short than normal. This month I was late I did a hpt on 5 may which was negative. I took norlut n for 5 days from 6 may. Now after stopping it I have severe acidity and nausea and slight heaviness in the chest and still no period. Kindly advise.
Advantages and detail about Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgeries