Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. T K ShanmugarajYour feedback matters!
My thyroid 3 months back was 7.9. And I was using thyronorm 50mg. Yesterday when I checked thyroid it was less than 0.01. I done why it's fluctuating like this. Now which tablets should I take? Starting it was 6 then 3 then 7 and now it's less than 0.01.
My mother has hypertension, sugar, right bundle branch block. Recently she is feeling an unusual tremor in a particular nerve near neck at the left side towards the chin. She is also suffering from sleep less Ness. We have consulted several doctor to no result. She is becoming extremely weak. Can't eat properly. What to do?
Recently gone fr a hoarse voice check up n diagnosed t as because of excessive use of voice. And advised to b in voice rest. During the blood test the tsh is0.01 and t3 n t4 r just above the normal. What may b the reason.
Actually my mother has lots of pain in her left leg while my birth she got injection in her back bone which made backbone and her left leg weak.In her childhood she never drink caffeine her whole diet was made of fruits and milk. She never had any type of spices no salt no pepper. But after her marriage she started drinking tea and eating vegetable dishes like Rajmah and spicy dal now she has even uric acid. Now she just eat roti with sweet milk. Please answer genuinely.
My grandmother is 75 years old and she is a diabetics patient and has high blood pressure, 8 years ago she has got chikungunya and since then she is suffering from joint pain, she also struggles to walk properly, is there any medication for her joint pains apart from surgeries and high dosage tablets.
My weight is increasing day by day I have done thyroid check up and results are positive I want to know how to control thyroid.
Almost all the metabolic processes in a person's body are influenced by the hormones produced by the thyroid gland. The most common types of thyroid diseases caused due to dysfunctional thyroid glands are Thyroid nodules, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroiditis, and Thyroid Cancer.
Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland is underactive and the amount of hormones produced is insufficient. Hypothyroidism can be caused due to multiple reasons such as iodine deficiency, radiation or surgery on the thyroid gland, and drugs such as lithium and phenylbutazone. You should note that treating thyroid is not a speedy process and a reoccurrence of symptoms might also take place. However with the appropriate remedies and proper diet control, one can make sure that these symptoms are less pronounced.
Ayurveda: According to Ayurveda, imbalance or disequilibrium in the doshas is the main cause of hypothyroidism. The Kapha dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for body fluids and lubrication and Pitta dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for fire and water body humors, are vitiated. Lifestyle and diet discrepancies further promote imbalances in the doshas. Hypothyroidism is categorized under the Yapya diseases which recur once you cease to take the treatment.
- It is essential to consume adequate quantities of milk.
- Apart from that, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for a hypothyroid patient, since it increases slow and sluggish metabolism. Coconut contains MCFAs i.e. medium chain fatty acids and MTCs i.e. Medium chain triglycerides in abundance which help the metabolism be revved up.
- Ayurvedic herbs useful for treating hypothyroidism are kanchnar, Bauhinia variegata i.e. purple mountain ebony, Jatamansi, brahmi, guggulu, shilajit, gokshura, and punarnava.
- Consume a mixture of Indian gooseberry i.e. amla churna with honey, daily before breakfast.
- One of the main causes of Hypothyroidism is insufficient amount of iodine. Drinking the juice acquired from jalakumbhi i.e. Pistia Stratiotes everyday in doses amounting from 11gm to 22gm increases the iodine content and helps treat hypothyroidism. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Walnuts are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that have multiple health benefits including lowering bad cholesterol and increasing brain power. But did you know that having a few walnuts everyday can actually lower your risk of getting type 2 diabetes? read on to find out how.
So how can walnuts prevent diabetes?
Both high levels of ldl cholesterol in your body and improper blood vessel functioning increase the chances of developing type 2 diabetes. Making walnuts a part of your daily diet results in the enhanced functioning of your blood vessels and lowers the amount of harmful ldl cholesterol in your body, thereby reducing the risk of developing diabetes. Moreover, consuming walnuts can lower your chances of becoming obese (due to their high fibre content), which is another risk factor for diabetes.
Are there any scientific studies to back it up?
Recently a study conducted by the harvard university proved that having a fixed amount of walnuts per week was instrumental in lowering the risk of getting diabetes. This study consisted of a detailed analysis of the health and lifestyle of about 138, 000 women over the last 10 years. They were asked in every two years about their health and daily routine. Once in every four years, they disclosed information about their daily diet and the kind of food they had and how often they had it. When the research was initiated none of the participants were suffering from diabetes, while at the end of it there were nearly 6000 women who had been diagnosed with the condition. The study led researchers towards the conclusion that those women who consumed 57 or more grams of walnut every week (which is equivalent to 14 walnuts/week) reduced their risk of getting diabetes by 24%, and those who ate about 28 grams of walnut per week ensured 13% lower chances of developing diabetes.
So, start eating walnuts today to get the most of its health benefits. You can have them as a snack or you can add chopped nuts to your usual foods like rice, soups, smoothies or breakfast cereals to keep diabetes at bay.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Hi doctor i am 23 yr old female I have problem of hypothyroidism. I need to know natural cure for this.
My mom is having diabetes for last two years, she is on insulin. Her diabetes is not control, sometime very high and sometime very low. I want to know that what is the reason.
A healthy diabetic diet can incorporate any sustenance with some restraint, the length of it permits you to keep your blood sugar levels inside target. Notwithstanding, 'control'might be hard to apply to a few foods in light of their high starch content. A few foods likewise appear to trigger longings or advance indulging. In the event that you have diabetes, it might be best to abstain from eating these foods, to avert issues with your blood sugar that could bargain your health.
1. Candy: One needs to avoid a number of confectionary items as they are high in sugar content, such as candy, cookies and syrups etc. Yet these below quality starches likewise cause an emotional spike up in the blood sugar levels and can add to weight increase, both of which can exacerbate diabetes confusions. Figure out how to fulfill your sweet tooth by nibbling on top notch starches, for example, crisp organic product.
2. Pretzels: Pretzels have a healthy picture, yet a look at the fixings list uncovers that their wholesome notoriety is horribly undeserved. Almost every brand is produced using the same fundamental fixings:
White flour (wheat flour that has been stripped of its supplements and fiber), yeast, salt, vegetable oil, corn syrup. It's conspicuous from its not very impressive fixing list that this prevalent nibble is basically without sustenance.
3. Nibble pastries and cakes: It's regular learning that snacks that are packaged and heated products are stacked with sodium, sugar, white flour as well as additives. Their perilous combo of refined flour and sugar spikes blood sugar as well as advances irritation, which meddles with insulin's capacity to work legitimately.
4. Bacon: Notwithstanding entire fat dairy foods, greasy or marbled cuts of meat additionally convey a powerful measure of soaked fat, which starts aggravation in the body and prompts different symptoms.
5. Milk: For those with diabetes, a diet high in immersed fat can decline insulin resistance. Keep entire milk out of the ice chest and get 1% (low-fat) or skim (nonfat) milk. Additionally, attempt your best to maintain a strategic distance from other entire milk dairy items like cream, full-fat yogurt, normal cheddar and cream cheddar; rather, pick their decreased fat partners at whatever point conceivable.
6. White Bread: Refined starches in white rice, white bread, and any structured with white flour and white pasta, act a great deal like sugar one time in the human body begins to process them. Thusly, much the same as sugar, refined starches meddle with glucose control and ought to be stayed away from by those with diabetes.
7. French Fries: Trying too hard on oily, signed foods can prompt weight pick up and wreak devastation on the blood sugar you have. Potato chips, French fries, and doughnuts happen to be especially terrible decisions for diabetics since they're made with carb-substantial, dull fixings, which can bring about levels of blood glucose level for shooting up.
8. Natural product juice: While entire fruits are a healthy, fiber-rich starch choice for diabetics, the same can't be said for organic product juice.