Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Anesthesiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. T. J. JeykumarYour feedback matters!
I met wid an accident later on m getting pain in my left leg starting from the gluteus some times gluteus to down to the calf. Taken MRI the report showing that. L4-L5 disc shows that posterior central and left para central disc extrusion producing moderate thecal and lateral recess nerve root compression. L5-S1 disc shows that posterior central and bilateral para central disc protrusion producing mild thecal and bilateral lateral recess nerve root compression. What does it means. What are the steps I have to take to get rid of this. And what are the precautions I have to take or any medication. And is it any risky situation? Thanks in advance.
If you want to relieve any lower back tension, Kati Basti is for you. This specialized therapy relieves and nourishes the lower back using herbal oils or ghee. After a gentle Ayurvedic oil therapy on the lower back, specially prepared warm herbal oil is poured over the lumbo sacral area and retained inside a dam made out of dough. The hot medicated oils helps melt lower spine rigidity and strengthen your bone tissue.
Benefits of Kati Basti
Increases the circulation in the region, as the herbal oil gets deeply absorbed into the skin, and both nourishes and strengthens the muscles and nerves
Pacifies one of the primary sites of Vata, relieving pain, soreness, and tension and restoring flexibility
Relieves chronic lower backaches and painful muscle spasms, stiffness, and degenerative problems
Sir, I am a 28 year old male. I would like to vaccinate myself for Hepatitis B, but I was diagnosed for sub clinical Hypothyroidism (hashimoto hypothyroidism) from an year with Anti TPO of 282.9 IU/ml. TSH (5.2). T3 (1.11) and T4 (7.0).The tests were of 6 months back. I am not on any medication. I have read in wikipedia that Hep-B vaccine can be a doubted-causative factor to another auto immune disease called Multiple sclerosis. I am little worried to take vaccine for this reason. Please clarify if I can take the vaccine ? Thanks for your help.
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
I have a back pain from a long time. And I want to tackle it by yoga so suggest yoga. Types to tackle lower back pain.
Dear Sir/ Madam, I am 43 yrs old My Name is Shivling Swami having backache pain last 2 years. What to do?
Sir there is pain in my wife's back for last 4 months and we went to consult to famous doctors but still there is no rest what to do?
Sir I am having a knee injury there is swelling.I have done my x ray but there is no problem.I think its a veins problem.Suggest me a proper solution.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
- Chronic or Long Term Pain: There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
- Menstrual Cramps: A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
- Acute Pain: Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
- Pain due to Cancer Treatment: Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
- Better Rest: When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.