Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T. Balasubramaniyan
Submit a review for Dr. T. BalasubramaniyanYour feedback matters!
Gd mrng sir. I am 50 male. I am having a problem with passage of urine I don't have burning or pain while passing my urine but my stream & flow of urine is slow since last 4 years. I have bloodpressue & for that I am taking telma 40 & I have not started medicine for my blood sugar yesterday my fasting was 109. Sir I had a, renal calculi way back in june 2001 is it having any correlation with weak urine flow becoz that time I took homeopathy medicine & got respite from it. After thatvI have gone through ultrasound twice but things were normal. Sir please advice me some medicine for this problem of weak urine flow. I don't have any sexual contacts since last seven years. Expecting your kind suggestion in this regard.
I have stone in kidney 5 mm. How the stone will go and in how many days it vl go. What precocious should take?
Urinary tract infection is a widespread disorder that most of the human beings face, especially in later stages of their lives. Women who are sexually active are more prone for this infection.
The symptoms that are identified with urinary tract infection are frequent urination, pain and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications. Medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort and treat the infection.
Causes and predisposing factors of Urinary Infection:
- Urinary tract infection is mostly caused by bacteria.
- Sexual intercourse, pregnancy, diabetes and stones in urinary tract predispose to or aggravate urinary tract infection.
- Chances of urinary tract infection are more if a person has sex with many partners.
- In postmenopausal women, incidence of urinary tract infection is more due to depletion of certain hormones.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it makes one prone to infection.
Management of Urinary Tract Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can supplement management of urinary tract infection: The latter alone are not enough. You have to consult Doctor for proper treatment of this condition. Certain supportive measures that one can take in cases of urinary tract infection are as follows:
- It is very necessary to drink enough water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that cause the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- Spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners should preferably be cut off from the diet.
- Include healthy foods in your diet that are high on fibre and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- It is advisable to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. One should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
- At times, there is burning, pressure, and pain around pubic area in cases of urinary tract infection. Applying a heating pad helps soothe the area. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.