Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Submit a review for Dr. T AvvaiYour feedback matters!
I am 17years old student I am suffering from severe gas problem daily I try many medicines available in the market but I can't get out of the problem pls help me doctors.
Hi I am 26 year old how can I remove tonsils from my neck its been from 3 days I cant sleep properly and am having pain.
I am 24 year old, I got injured in my head 3 month before. now I have sometimes pain in my left side ear, what should I do? please reply my questions.
Hi, Im suffering dry cough from last 25 days and I want get rid of it. Please suggest some home remedy for it. And is there any chances of any disease because of this. Please give me answer as soon as possible. Thank you.
I am 57 years old, male, asthmatic, diabetic with certain psychotic symptoms, the details of which have been discussed at length and suitable answers and advises have been received. So, only thing I have to say is with medications all the symptoms are under control. Let us concentrate on Asthma. I am on Theo-asthalin tablets, Asthalin and Budecort inhalers and the symptoms are under control. As advised, I am going to stop Asthalin inhaler and switch on a better beta 2 agonist inhaler Serobid and continue Budecort inhaler with immediate effect. My question is: As I am an asthmatic since birth, I require a good Bronchodilator tablet regularly. Due to side effects of Theo-asthalin tablets, kindly suggest a good and a safe bronchodilator without side effects, a list of which is given below: A) Terbutaline Sulphate (Bricanyl 5 mg 1-0-1) or B) Bambuterol (Beta 2 Agonist - Betaday 10 mg 1-0-1) or C) Doxophylline 400 mg 1-0-1 or d) Deriphyllin Retard 150 mg 1-0-1 Kindly advice me.
I'm suffering from megaloblastic anemia. I was in 8th standard I suffered with this anemia and some one gave me blood. After that my HB point was decreasing. After long years now my HB point was 5.9.then consulted doctor told me this is by birth defect of your body? Is it correct sir or not And anemia is lifetime problem or nt please answer for this question because I'm totally confused. please give me details about megaloblastic anemia. And anemia is long term disease or not please guide
I'm a class 12 student. Recently I don't know why I'm sleeping for like 8 to 9 hours in a day. For this I don't get enough time to study as I have to go to school and tuitions. What should I do to reduce my sleep?
Sir, I am 53 years old and suffering from diabetties type ii since 2005 now I am taking metform 500 mg in three times. Please advise me for further medicine and diet ?
Causes and treatment for Diabetic Nephropathy
Hi, I’m Dr. Sandip Bhurke. I’m a consultant nephrologist and kidney transplant physician at Mumbai, Andheri Lokhandwala. I was Ex-Associate Professor in Nayar Hospital Mumbai Central previously. Today I will be speaking about diabetic nephropathy. As you all know diabetes is a very common disease. Diabetes affects many organs in the body. When diabetes affects the kidney, it is known as diabetic nephropathy. The initial stages of diabetic nephropathy. there will be the loss of protein in the urine, and this is called as proteinuria.
This will be followed by a rise in the blood creating the report that is the effect on the kidney on both sides. This leads to later on renal failure and needs for dialysis and kidney transplant. Whenever a patient of diabetic nephropathy goes into kidney failure, he requires a dialysis catheter in the neck and later on an AV fistula on the hand. This AV fistula construction leads to the blood going from the body to the machine where it is filtered it comes back to the body through the AV fistula. A patient of diabetic nephropathy will have other complications also, that is the need for erythropoietin injections to increase the hemoglobin, and control of phosphorus, uric acid, and potassium, which are the other poisons in the body which are cleared by both the kidneys.
If you want to prevent diabetic nephropathy, most important is control of diabetes. The diabetes should be controlled . A very good control of diabetes followed by once a year workup of the kidneys in every diabetic patient which includes urine routine, the checkup of blood creating report and eyes checkup to also check for the effect of diabetes on the eyes. The eyes and kidneys are related in the effect of diabetes, that is why eyes are also checked by kidney doctors, nephrologists.
If you have any further questions you can contact me on Lybrate.com. Thank you.
My daughter had a bad cold and cough. please suggest some ayurvedic treatment to get rid off and also to boost her immune system.
Blood sugar control is the core of the diabetes treatment plan as by losing control over your blood sugar, you risk serious complications related to health. Frequent or ongoing irregular blood sugar levels can damage your blood vessels, nerves and organs. Irregular Blood Sugar Level is a major concern and can affect diabetic as well as general people.
The most common causes of uncontrolled blood sugar level are:
1. Skipping Insulin or oral glucose medicines.
2. Eating too many carbohydrates in general.
3. Have an infection
4. Exercising less or not at all.
Symptoms of increased sugar level in body
1. Increased Thirst: If you feel unusually thirsty and feel the urge to drink more than usual, you should check your sugar levels.
2. Frequent Urination: Excessive urination occurs when glucose builds up in your blood, and your kidney begins to work harder to get rid of the extra glucose. The excess sugar is thrown away from the body through urine.
3. Fatigue: Extreme tiredness or fatigue is common symptoms of uncontrolled blood sugar. If you do not have sufficient amount of insulin in your body, or if the insulin is not processed properly, then it stays in our blood. Hence, it does not get used up for energy.
4. Blurry Vision: High blood sugar levels can lead to swollen lenses in your eyes due to fluid leaking in, according to Joslin Diabetes Center. This changes the shape of the lens and makes it unable to focus properly, resulting in blurry vision.
You can also take the package for Managing Blood Sugar.
How you can control the level of sugar in your body
- Diet: Eat right. Consult a diabetes educator or dietician to help you figure out a healthy diet that works for you. Do share all your sugar levels, your preference with them. This would enable them to make a proper and more suitable diet plan for you, which will help you in keeping your blood sugar under control.
- Exercise: To keep your blood sugar control, do exercise regularly. Exercise will increase your insulin activity, after which you don’t need to as much insulin to help your body in processing carbohydrates.
- Medication: Insulin is a hormone that is normally produced in the body. But for people with abnormal blood sugar level, it is either not working as it should or the body has stopped producing it. People with abnormal Blood sugar level may need to take insulin in order to keep their blood glucose levels in a healthy range. Insulin helps your body to use glucose properly.
- Blood Glucose Monitoring: Monitor your blood glucose levels regularly in order to know how much insulin you require, especially before you take a meal. Keeping a check on your blood glucose levels will help you in adjusting your insulin medication as well as your meals, so that your blood sugar remains stable.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am 17 year old male. I am student. I got addicted to masturbation. Please give a solutions to get rid of this?
I get headache in half part of my brain often. Sometimes left part, sometimes right side. I got a weak eyesites though, maybe its linked with it. One morning also got swallowing on left eyebrow and pain was like if something's pinning in my head. What could be the cause? And how could it be treated?
From a medical standpoint, intercourse during menstruation is completely fine. Most men have claimed that period sex seems messier when compared to intercourse on normal days but, other than that, there aren’t any risk regarding period sex. In fact, it is advisable to engage in vaginal intercourse during periods for a variety of reasons.
Here are a few things you should know about period sex:
- Intercourse during periods isn’t harmful: Contrary to the popular myth, period blood doesn’t contain impurities which might affect the penis in any way. Instead, menstrual blood is normal blood mixed with disposed off tissues from the lining of the uterus and the penis isn’t affected by menstrual blood in any way. The menstrual blood serves as excellent lubricant to make the process of intercourse smoother.
- Chances of pregnancy still persist: It is not okay to completely ward off protective measures during periods because even though it is safer than other days, there might be a small chance that the sperm of a man lives on in the female body till early ovulation. Besides, the chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease is the same during period sex.
- Can relieve cramps: Some women claim that having sex during their period helps ease their cramps as having an orgasm releases ‘pain- reducing endorphins’ into the bloodstream. Also, some medical practitioners believe that sex provides relief by using up chemicals which are responsible for cramps. Thus, having period sex can prove to be relaxing and less painful than normal days.
- Sexual arousal ups during menstruation: Most women feel hornier and more aroused during periods because of the increase in the hormonal levels. Some women feel heavier in the pelvic area which increases the sex drive; precisely the reason why having sex during this time is a good idea. So, for all you know, you might actually have a brilliant intercourse session when she’s on her period. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.