Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T.Arun KumarYour feedback matters!
I have some nodule type formation near my neck region inside. Doctors said it is due to infection swelling has cause in submandibular gland and some said due to cold. But its been around 2years its just the same. They 2-3 in number and pain sometimes during cold weather. I have tried homopathy and also other but didn' t work. Can you tell me what is it? suggest me some remedy.
Hi doctor, I am 26 years old and I have a issue of baldness in this age can you please tell me that what I do to remove this problem from my life.
My skin complexion is very dark what should I do to lighten my skin complexion without any side effects.
I have black spot on face and nose. I have used black spot removal for one month during treatment it was clear but after stop applying cream after 10 day it looks like earlier Please suggest me correct treatment for this.
My neck is too black. It's not dirt. It is hyper pigmentation. I need some tips or some medication for this. Please help me out.
When I grow bread my face colour will become black, actually am fair in colour what should I do to look fair with beard.
Acne breakout can ruin the look of healthy skin completely. Sometimes it gets very severe as the eruptions keep happening continually. Acne occurs when oil, dead skin or bacteria block the pores on your skin. Though it is not dangerous, acne can be embarrassing and can leave scars on your skin. Severe acne can also be quite painful. Pimples in the form of blackheads and whiteheads are the main symptoms of acne.
Causes of Acne:
- Stress: Stress is a major cause that makes your skin prone to acne. When the body is stressed, it produces excessive testosterone (a sex hormone) resulting in excessive oil production. Stress also impairs the immune system of the body so that it becomes vulnerable to acne.
- Cosmetics: Some cosmetics (usually oil based) tend to clog the pores of the skin which may result in acne. Using harsh cleansing agents can dry and irritate the skin. Also, gentle washing of the skin is recommended to avoid breakouts.
- Certain medications and drugs: Consumption of specific over the counter medicines like the ones containing bromide and use of recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine can lead to the occurrence of acne as side effects.
- Genetics: Certain genetic factors may also be responsible for someone being more prone to acne than others.
Treatment for Acne:
Cosmetic dermatology procedures can successfully help you do away with acne scars. Blue-light therapy is a procedure in cosmetic dermatology which can work wonders for acne scars. A narrow- band, but high - intensity Blue-light is used to counter Porphyrins released by bacteria causing acne. Porphyrins easily absorb Blue-light and the light leads to radical damage of Porphyrins when used in certain wavelengths.
There are also certain topical creams available, which can improve mild scarring, most of the acne scars are either depressed or raised type and need a combination of surgical procedures and skin resurfacing.
The therapeutic options that are currently available to treat acne scars include subcision, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, derma rollers, chemical peels, TCA cross, ablative lasers, fractional lasers and dermal fillers.
My skin is oily and dark so how can I get fairness in all season .please give a face wash name which can do it.
What is photoaging?
Photo aging means premature skin aging caused by repeated exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UV rays) from the sun and artificial UV sources. Prolonged sun exposure accelerates the process of skin aging. The harmful UV rays damage the important proteins of the skin - collagen, elastin, and fibers which are responsible for the youthful skin.
Sunlight is the main source of UV light. Ultraviolet radiation is composed of uva, UVB, and UV rays. Uva rays penetrate the skin deeper, harming the epidermal layer and the dermis, also damaging the collagen and elastin tissues. Thus, uva rays are the culprit behind photoaging, which includes wrinkling, leathery, sagging and other light-induced aging. Uvb rays penetrate the epidermis causing sunburn. The uvc rays have more energy and do not get through our atmosphere. The UV rays damage the DNA of the cells causing mutations, leading to premature aging and skin cancers.
Early signs of photoaging-
- depigmentation and appearance of pigmented spots - freckles, lentigines
- fine lines around the eyes, mouth and frown lines on forehead
- spider veins on the face and neck
- loss of lip color and fullness
With continuous exposure to sunlight over the years, there is deepening of the creases and increase in a number of wrinkles. Skin becomes leathery and sags.
How can I prevent photoaging?
Photoaging is a cumulative process that happens over the years.
- avoidance of sunlight by staying indoors between 11am-3pm when the sun's UV rays are strongest
- sun protective clothing
- wear a broad spectrum sunscreen with a minimal SPF of 30 and repeated 2hourly application of the same
- sunscreen is to be applied to all the sun exposed areas face, ears, neck, lips, hands
How do I treat the photoaged skin?
- retinoid creams
- botulinum toxin (btx-a) injections
- hyaluronic acid fillers.
I have pimple marks on my face how to get rid of them? Also my skin tone is getting darker although I regularly use face packs, scrubs etc? What should I do.
Wrinkles are a normal yet unsightly sign of aging which can come about due to various reasons including too much exposure to the sun, poor diet, excessive smoking and drinking, lack of proper sleep, advent of age, loss of moisture and elasticity as well as collagen which creates a smooth and supple look, and other such reasons. Cosmetic and plastic surgeons are now turning to a variety of methods to lessen the pronounced look of wrinkles and remove them for younger looking skin. Here are a few methods currently in use.
- Fillers: Fillers like collagen and others including poly lactic acid, Calcium Hydroxlyapatite, and Hyaluronic acid can be used to restore the elasticity of the skin even as they provide precious hydration. These injectibles can be used on the face as well as the hands for a smooth and supple look.
- Botox: To get rid of the lines on the forehead and to prevent the onset of more pronounced wrinkles, Botox or Botulinum Toxin Type A is a favoured element used by many cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists. This is usually administered via injection.
- Retinoids: This is administered with a surgical procedure in order to remove uneven pigmentation as well as the roughness of skin which sets in with age and excessive smoking and sun exposure. It may cause skin peeling and redness.
- Laser: The use of laser resurfacing can also help in stimulating collagen production of the skin, which restores some of its elasticity so that wrinkles may be removed and further wrinkles prevented.
- Surgery: The use of surgical methods like face lifts, brow lifts and other cosmetic processes can help in giving the skin a tighter look which does away with the appearance of wrinkles. These are usually minor procedures from which one will heal fast.
- Dermabrasion: This method is a surgical one that basically sands the surface of the skin in order to remove the wrinkles. It can cause side effects like permanent discolouration of the skin as well as scarring for particularly sensitive skin.
- Peels: Glycolic acid peels and deeper peels that use elements like Salicylic acid can be used to go deep into the skin and making it smooth again. It basically makes a difference to the fine lines. There is a chance of side effects like scarring, bruising and general discolouration in this method as well.
Adequate sleep, good nutrition, avoiding excessive sun exposure and a good skin care regimen can help in keeping wrinkles at bay for a long time. Moisturising with products that contain plenty of vitamin A and E can also help in reducing fine lines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.