Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SwethaYour feedback matters!
I am a female of 36 years and married from last 2 months. I and my husband stay apart because of our job but met thrice in 2 months for more than a week. As I haven't conceived in this span so I feel I should see a doctor. Kindly suggest.
irregular menstrual flow harm fertility? What may be the causes of irregularity in menstruation? what can be the protective measures for irregularity?
Sir meri wife ki delivery C SECTION ke through hui hai aur unka C SECTION hua 2 month 17 day ho gay hai sir meri wife night me 5 and 6 baar urine jati aur unko pyass bhi bahut lagti hai sath hi unke body per swelling hai sir ye sab symptoms after birth normal hai ya koi problem hai sir immediately batay kahi ye daibetes ke symptoms to nahi hai unki age 25 year hai sir mujhe bahut chinta ho rahi hai sath batay ki daibetes ke baad byaki kitne time tak jinda rah sakta yadi bo doctry instruction me chale to.
Hello. I and my gf had sex on 7th april. And her periods had ended on 5th. So some people say it was safe time for sex as I feel sperm has entered her vagina. And I am in thought of giving her unwanted 72. But its not possible. Then how should I do? Want to avoid problems at any cost. Please help.
Human sexuality is a fairly complicated process and differs a lot between men and women. While most men can easily achieve orgasm, for women, is a completely different story. Many studies and self-reporting done on this subject have shown that very few actually get to orgasm most of the time and many fake it for a host of reasons. Let’s look at a few of the top reasons why women may fake it.
To make a session end – A woman, while in the act, may feel bored or want the session to end quickly especially if her partner is close to or has already achieved orgasm. She would want to fake an orgasm to bring conclusion to the session and get on with other things.
To boost the ego of the partner – Women may fake orgasms to ensure that their partners don’t feel guilty or inadequate about not making them climax. Although this usually happens in long term relationships, women may even do it in short term relationships to not hurt the ego of their men.
The partner doesn’t know how to bring a woman to climax – Many men don’t know how to bring their women to orgasm and thus, will try many things. There are other men who may not even care to know about pleasing their partners. In such cases, a woman may fake an orgasm as a ritual to show that she is also enjoying the act when she is actually not.
Used as a strategy to retain their partner in long term relationships – Many married women or women in long term relationships use fake orgasms to ensure that their partners feel happy. This is done so that their partners continue to stay with them and feel that they have been satisfying them well enough.
Faking an orgasm may lead to an actual one – Although this happens to a few women, some have reportedly stated that faking one orgasm might get them to have a real one. Some women also report being turned on by faking an orgasm.
She is afraid she will be judged – Many women feel insecure that if they are unable to orgasm with their respective partners, they might be judged as inadequate or incomplete. Thus, they would fake orgasms to bring finality to cover their own insecurities.
I have suffer in nose bleeding. It's clear at to take a tablet period only. Just I want immediate relief. So give your valuable suggestion.
Hi I'm a 23 years old girl. Sometimes I feel pain in my breasts and if I squeeze a little amount of grey liquid comes out of it. Is it normal at this age?
Getting your periods for the very first time can be daunting. Especially if you have never been educated about it and you are far away from home and you have no clue about what is going on. The overbearing pain from stomach cramping does not make it any better. It is always good to be on the safe side and keep yourself educated about it.
What is your first period?
Periods are a very natural part of your life as a woman. It happens when the body of a girl undergoes changes and starts maturing into a woman. It happens when blood is expelled out of your uterus to set up your body for maturation and pregnancy. Since your body is transforming, you can get pregnant (and just before your first period as well).
Your period happens once per month and as a rule, lasts between 2-7 days, however, it might take a couple of months for your period to be consistent; the initial few might be light and sporadic. You may think that it is helpful to monitor your period every month, to see when it is expected and when it arrives.
Indications of period
Around the season of your first period, your body shape will get to be distinctly curvier, your hips and bosoms will enhance. You will likewise see more hair developing in new places, under your arms and around your vagina. These are all typical changes and a part of growing up.
What can be the questions which are frequently asked?
Q1 When will you get them?
A. A women hits puberty the age of 12. So you may expect it anytime between 12-16 years of age. Sometimes it is likely for you to get it prior to this age as well.
Q2 How long can it last?
A. Initially your periods may not be regular and it lasts from 5-12 days. But with age, your cycle is likely to get regular and it can get over within 3 days.
Q3 What to do when I get it?
A. Firstly, you must not panic. Go tell a teacher or a parent or any elderly and they will surely help you.
Q4 How do I manage it?
A. There are several options. You can either use sanitary napkins, menstrual cups or tampons.
Q5 Is it possible to exercise or go swimming?
A. Yes, absolutely. If you use hygiene products such as tampons or menstrual cups, you can normally do your activities.
Q6 Does it hurt?
A. Unfortunately, sometimes it does. This happens because the muscles in your uterus are cramping. It usually gets better from the 2nd day of your period. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Vitamin A is essential for various body functions, the most important are vision, immunity, skin and hair health and correct genetic transcription. Signs of vitamin A toxicity include bone pain, brittle nails, hair loss, fatigue, dry and fissured skin and abnormal liver function. Deficiency of Vitamin A leads to night blindness.
Some interesting fatcs about vitamin A:
- Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, thus requires fat for effective absorption.
- Normal level of vitamin A required for proper body functioning is about 3000 mg per day. A person could also end up eating more of Vitamin A on a regular basis, which could lead to vitamin A toxicity. If it is consumed from natural sources, it is not harmful; however, if synthetic vitamin A is consumed, it may end up as a toxin in the body.
- Every 100 g of sweet potato contains about 19200 IU of vitamin A. Sweet potato can be consumed in cooked, baked, cubed, raw or frozen form. It can be used in multiple ways and is one of the most vitamin A rich foods.
- Carrots is the most popular rich source of vitamin A. Every child knows that carrots are good for vision and eye health. Carrots can also be consumed in baked, cooked, raw or frozen form. Every 100 g of carrot contains about 17000 IU of carrot, which more than takes care of daily requirements.
- Green leafy vegetables are another rich source of vitamin A. This could be spinach, lettuce, beet greens, turnip greens, collards, kale, or other greens. Each of them contains sufficient amounts of vitamin A, and including about 100 g provides about 14000 IU of vitamin A. These can be used as salad dressings or cooked with lentils to make variety of dishes.
- The liver from any animal is the most effective nonvegetarian source of vitamin A. Consuming liver 2 to 3 times per day gives sufficient amounts vitamin A for men, women and children. Cod liver oil, which are available widely in the market are also a good source, if meat is not available.
- Dry fruits, such as apricots, which are sundried and used when there is no season for apricots, are another rich source of vitamin A. Dried peaches and prunes are also good sources for this vitamin.
- Consuming about 2 egg yolks per day provides all the required vitamin A for your body. It does contain cholesterol, but the body does need small amount of cholesterol too for various functions.
- Dairy products, such butter and cream from cow's milk which are especially fed on grass are again great sources of vitamin A.
- Small amounts of vitamin A are also present in cantaloupe melons, pumpkins, squash fruits, beetroot, bell peppers and most importantly in seasonal fruits.
My first abortion left me with cysts and fibrous substance on both my ovaries and my uterus became small, what should I do. Pls suggest me something immediately.
I am a 24 year girl my menstrual cycle is skipping every month. My Prolactin is high iys about 40 45 now its 80 wat do to from past 4 year wat to do. I am scared.
If you know the features of a healthy newborn, you would not required to call your busy family physian/pediatrician so many times. If your baby is/has
5. Passing urine: >6 times/24 hrs
6. Feeding well
7. Gaining weight