Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwethaYour feedback matters!
Hi, Me and my husband were just fooling around n performed oral o each other he didn't penetrated inside me just fingered on 7th march n my period should come by 8th march as last month I got it on 12 feb n to be double sure I ate ipill after 55 hours of the act ie yesterday evening. Still today i. E 10 I didn't got my periods. What can be the reason can this delay be because of pill if yes then by what day will I get my periods? Please help m worried! Thank you.
When should one done Triple marker test? Is it better to do ultra sound first followed by triple marker test during 15 weeks of pregnancy?
Hi, main 43 ki hu meri date 2 september ko aaye muze next month 22 se 27 date tak periods chahiye. Meri periods 2 s e3 din tak rahti hai kya aap muze iske bare mai upaay bata sakte hai.
I am 21 years old. College student. I just wanna ask in a period days on a 1st day my stomach started paining badly. Even I can not also walk on my first day on menstrual cycle. please tell me why itz paining since from last 2 years.
I am 24 years. I am eating so less still my weight of body is 55 .and I do yoga and drink green tea but it's affect my menstruation. My menstruation cycle is always regular but this month it's not come till yet. Please help me for queries.
I am 28 years female and I m pregnant 5th month running suffering from morning sickness i. E. Nausea and vomiting throughout the day please give me solution for this.
Is there any consequences if I leave sugar intake totally all of a sudden ? What are the benefits of not having sugar at all ?
Hi I and my gf were just sleeping together covered my penis with a handkerchief and was rubbing near her back my penis was touched on her vagina and my sperm was released inside the hanky close to her vagina I am worried about pregnancy problems can it be possible ?it has been 15 days to this, if yes pls tell about the solutions I am afraid to tell my parents or her's.cause pregnancy? If yes pls help about the solutions it has been 15 days and I am afraid to tell to my parents to her's .pls answer.
I have mucous discharge when I go to nature call and I feel like going again and again sometimes I also see plugs of mucous when I defecate and I also have little itching.
Hi madam or sir. I am now 4 months pregnant which food I eat. I am suffering from headache too much. My doctor suggested me paracetamol tablet. When I feel so much migraine headache I took paracetamol tablet. But any side effects that tablet. I want my healthy baby. Please tell me.
Vulvodynia refers to a condition in which you have chronic pain near your vaginal opening. This area is known as the vulva. Vulvodynia is an extremely painful condition which also causes a lot of irritation and burning in the vulva. There is no known cause of vulvodynia and it has been said that vulvodynia can go on for months or even years. It is such a painful condition that having sex or even sitting down for extended periods will be troublesome for you.
Here is everything you need to know about Vulvodynia.
There is only one symptom of vulvodynia and that is when there is pain in your genital area. However, the type of pain you experience may be characterized by burning, stinging or itching among other sensations.
The cause of vulvodynia is not yet known. However, there are certain factors which increase the risk of contracting vulvodynia. Here are the factors.
- Injury or irritation to the nerves around the vulva.
- Vaginal infections
- Sensitive skin
- Changes in hormone levels
Vulvodynia itself cannot be cured, only the symptoms of vulvodynia can be relieved. Relieving symptoms is not a very quick process either as it takes weeks and sometimes even months for the symptoms to
improve. Some of the treatments which can be used to treat vulvodynia include.
- Medicines: Certain medicines relieve the symptoms which vulvodynia causes. These medicines include steroids and anticonvulsants so that your pain will be reduced. Antihistamines are known to reduce itching.
- Surgery: When vulvodynia is localized to a particular area, surgery can be used to remove the skin and tissue of the area which has been affected by vulvodynia.
- Anesthetics: Local anesthetics can be given so that your pain is reduced for a short while. A good time to apply local anesthetics would be 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse. This is because most local anesthetics used to treat vulvodynia come in the form of ointments. If your partner comes in contact with this ointment, then he will also be feeling numb.
- Pelvic floor therapy: Many times, vulvodynia is caused by the tension in the muscles of the pelvic floor. Exercises to relieve those muscles often ease the pain caused by vulvodynia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I got 5 months old baby. What can I apply for the stretch marks appears on my stomach? Please can you suggest me any cream or oil through which I can ride off my stretch marks?
Health benefits of carrot juice:
1. Vitamin a booster
Vitamin a plays an important role in eyesight. Red-orange coloured foods such as carrots, pumpkins, and melons contain a pigment known as beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin a when consumed by the body. This then helps in maintaining good eyesight apart from other health benefiting properties. The main symptoms of vitamin a deficiency are vision loss or night blindness, so it is important to consume vitamin rich foods regularly.
2. Get your antioxidant fix
The carotenoids present in carrots also act as antioxidants, thereby fighting free radicals in your body and also slowing down the process of ageing. Antioxidant rich foods are necessary for good health because they help in clearing up toxins from the body, and can help in preventing cancer and heart disease.
3. Prevents cancer
After the process of digestion, some of the waste particles remain behind in our body, which is known as free radicals and they tend to damage the cells. Eating antioxidant-rich foods helps in fighting against these free radicals and thereby preventing the possibilities of the development of cancerous cells. Studies reveal that per 100 grams of carrots contain about 33% vitamin a, 9% vitamin c and 5% vitamin b-6, which collectively help in the fight against free radicals.
4. Boosts immunity
Juicing carrots give us its concentrated form with all its essential nutrients. Having a glass a day is said to work wonders in boosting immunity. Apart from helping the body against free radical damage, it also protects it against harmful bacteria, viruses, and inflammation. Carrot juice also contains various vitamins and minerals such as b6, k, potassium, phosphorous, etc. Which contribute to bone health, stronger nervous system and improve brain power.
5. Heart health
In order to maintain a healthy heart, it is essential to be physically active, get an adequate amount of sleep and decrease your stress levels. However, all of this must be balanced with a well thought through diet for it to have a positive effect. Carrots, which are loaded with antioxidants and dietary fiber, work towards keeping your heart healthy by removing plaque from the arteries and maintaining blood circulation.
6. For glowing skin
The presence of antioxidants and essential minerals such as potassium contribute to preventing cell degradation, thereby keeping your skin healthy and young. These nutrients also protect your skin against dryness, improving skin tone and reducing scars and blemishes. This is the reason why you often find carrots being used in natural home remedies for beauty.
7. Maintaining cholesterol and blood sugar
Carrot juice works as a miracle in maintaining cholesterol and blood sugar levels, thanks to its potassium content. It is low in calories and sugar content and the essential vitamins and minerals present in it collectively work to prevent diabetes. It also increases bile secretion, which helps in burning fat thus aiding weight loss. It is often recommended as a pre or post workout food for a nutritional boost.
Can you tell me about the days on which I have to sex .for having a baby .and also some tips regarding weight loss.
Hello. I have problem with my periods this time they come before expected date and their is not proper bleeding discharge yesterday it was red but today (second day) it is darkish in colour n slightly pain in abdomen n their was pale yellow discharge last week as I have protected sex last month. I have sex two days after my last period. As I have shared it with my mom she is saying dic is because of painkiller I have taken last week due to back pain. Please help me as I am really very worried please.
PGS or Pre-implantation Genetic Screening is a test conducted to decipher the chromosome count of the embryo. Today, if you are planning to get pregnant or using alternative technologies for pregnancy; there are several tests that need to be conducted so that the child is born healthy and stable. One such test is the PGS, it determines whether or not the count of chromosomes is normal, which is forty six, is present in the embryo. If there are abnormal numbers of chromosomes present in the embryo then it might lead to additional problems in the future. In such cases, special treatments and procedures are conducted.
There are several advantages of PGS. Some of them are highlighted in details below.
- Healthy pregnancy: Interestingly, a man can produce sperms throughout his lifetime. But a woman is born with the eggs already created. The chances of producing a healthy baby with those eggs decrease as the age of the woman increases. It is seen that those women who think of delivering a child in their older ages are often found with chromosome deficiencies in the embryo. Thus, to avoid such a situation, it is best to perform PGS.
- Reduces the chance of miscarriage: Pregnancies which occur without having performed any prior tests like the PGS have high chances of resulting into a miscarriage at the slightest of carelessness. But research has found that those pregnancies which take place after considering the chromosomal health of the embryo have reduced the risk of being abnormally terminated.
- Time reduction between two IVF Circles: For those who do not know IVF stands for In-Vitro Fertilisation. It is a process which aids a woman in becoming pregnant. It is often opted by those who are having issues in naturally conceiving a child. PGS here plays an important role. If the test detects abnormal embryo, then the next IVF circle can be started right away without wasting any time. But if the PGS detects a normal embryo then the IVF circle is deemed to be successful and the woman can continue with the pregnancy.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening. This helps to determine whether the embryo is of the desired choice or not and whether the baby born out of it would be healthy and normal. It is one of the tests which need to be conducted preceding implantation to provide better results after the implantation process is carried out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.